Woolwich @ Wembley - 2nd March - 1230KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

But the referee nor the linesman didn't see it - so how the fuck could it have been a red? It had ZERO bearing on the game you donut.

The referee saw Xhakas leg breaker, gave a free kick and didn't even book the cunt. 20 minutes in, that changes the game. You've already been ruined by the fact you have no fucking clue how offside works, so settle down.
This cunt is on a different planet. Your legit delusional beyond belief. "The ref and the lino didn't see it so it has no bearing on the game"...So that makes it ok you utter clownshoe? Your argument is that of a 5 year old.

So why is it so difficult to understand? the pundits may have said it was offside but they clearly don't know the rules. How can you argue with the facts????

I think I have at every single post in this very long exchange.

We can scoff at pundits and call them idiots etc. However they have (usually) played the game at the highest level and I'd prefer to listen to what they say (and filter out the obvious partisan biases they have) while making my mind up. I said, "pundits, press and MY OWN EYES".

In my pursuit of trying to really understand Law 11 having originally decided Kane was offside, I changed my mind when others posted part of the law - and argued the case. Upon looking at the full law, it only re-inforced my original view that Kane was offside.

The final straw (which threw great doubt on others' posts) was "you can only be 'active' (and therefore offside) if you touch the ball". 'Active' is defined as "touching the ball". I can't find any reference to this.

It's important that we understand the laws (especially offside), as we could get a duff decision in future. Especially with VAR coming in.

This cunt is on a different planet. Your legit delusional beyond belief. "The ref and the lino didn't see it so it has no bearing on the game"...So that makes it ok you utter clownshoe? Your argument is that of a 5 year old.

Where did I say it makes it okay?

Are you telling me the referee and the linesman should have sent Davinson Sanchez off for something they had no idea had happened until 24 hours later?

Fucking dumbass.

Having to explain to our own fans is worse than having to explain it to desperate Woolwich fans.. It's worrying to be fair.
I admit I didn’t understand what the rules consider active prior to this incident. It feels wrong, and will likely be reviewed in due course, but I don’t think there is much debate on it being the right call.

Where did I say it makes it okay?

Are you telling me the referee and the linesman should have sent Davinson Sanchez off for something they had no idea had happened until 24 hours later?

Fucking dumbass.
Yep confirmed fucking idiot.

I'm saying we got fucking lucky because they didn't see a red card offence and had they seen it we would be down to 10. Your simpleton self was listing all the occasions that could have resulted in gooner scum reds conveniently forgetting our own players were guilty of reckless moments. Quit playing the victim card when we also profited from bad calls or times when officials missed incidents all together.

Yep confirmed fucking idiot.

I'm saying we got fucking lucky because they didn't see a red card offence and had they seen it we would be down to 10. Your simpleton self was listing all the occasions that could have resulted in gooner scum reds conveniently forgetting our own players were guilty of reckless moments. Quit playing the victim card when we also profited from bad calls or times when officials missed incidents all together.

Sanchez stamp doesn't happen if the referee makes the correct call of sending Xhaka off.

But don't worry - you believe Sanchez should have been sent off for something the officials didn't see. Got it.

Actually, I remember you, you're the one who thought Foyth should have been sent off against Burnley for pulling out a challenge.

:dembelelol::dembelelol::dembelelol:

Theres no need to talk about the referee from this match. Everything evened out in the end. If someone feels we came out worse on ref decisions, they should support liverpool. Victims suck dick.

Sanchez stamp doesn't happen if the referee makes the correct call of sending Xhaka off.

But don't worry - you believe Sanchez should have been sent off for something the officials didn't see. Got it.
Please someone else tell this bafoon how dumb he's sounding. I hope you're missing the point intentionally ...if you're not please just post on RAWK or another pool forum where you can indulge in as many ' look look we're the victim' threads as you like.

Please someone else tell this bafoon how dumb he's sounding. I hope you're missing the point intentionally ...if you're not please just post on RAWK or another pool forum where you can indulge in as many ' look look we're the victim' threads as you like.

Yeah, what a shame Sanchez wasn't sent off for something the officials couldn't see.

Yeah, what a shame Sanchez wasn't sent off for something the officials couldn't see.
Unfortunately you seem to be thick as pig shit. The point is not registering and I can't be bothered to go over it again because your dumb self would not be able to comprehend it even after a hundred more attempts to explain it.

As I said, RAWK would literally cyber nosh you off so I suggest you become a member there.

Except he wasn’t offside because he wasn’t active, he was merely in an offside position, and the foul takes precedent. It’s in the rules and it’s the right call.

Now, should that be the rule? Probably not, because Kane is most assuredly going for the ball. Easiest way to clean it up is to change the definition of active to clear these situations up in the future.

But as they are written today, the right call was made.
Right on both counts. It was a penalty based on rules. But rules are also stupid and contrived. If Kane wasnt in an offside attacking position, they wouldnt try to nudge him off. Offside should just be offside, really dont like this not afffecting play nonsense.

Unfortunately you seem to be thick as pig shit. The point is not registering and I can't be bothered to go over it again because your dumb self would not be able to comprehend it even after a hundred more attempts to explain it.

As I said, RAWK would literally cyber nosh you off so I suggest you become a member there.

We ShOuLd hAvE hAd A mAn SeNt oFf fOr SoMeThiNg ThE rEfErEe DiDn'T sEe

Should watch your team! Have been some great nights there. Never the same as WHL but when it's rocking like it was in the Dortmund game recently then it's worth it
Problem is, I'm in France as a student. And from the country I'm from, I need a VISA to step foot in the UK, and it's a looong process to get one (if you're succesful in the first place). I would love nothing more than watch a Spurs game at the old WHL, but that's impossible. I've seen Spurs only once in my life, and that was vs Gent in the Europa League, and it didn't end well...

Or some can just accept we got the rub of the green on this occasion which can happen. I know it's easier continuously criticising the ref and stating they have it in for us and we've been cheated etc etc but most of the time it's actually simply not true.

The Leicester home game was when we were legit on the end of poor officiating and we had grounds to complain. Burnley...no......Woolwich...no.

If that was the case yes, but it wasn't. It has been pointed out many times that it was a penalty. Theirs wasn't.
It's expected from their fans as they are desperate and clueless.

If that was the case yes, but it wasn't. It has been pointed out many times that it was a penalty. Theirs wasn't.
It's expected from their fans as they are desperate and clueless.
Tbh if we are talking letter of the law you could make an argument that Aubameyang's was a pen. The eye test will say it clearly isn't BUT there was contact, Sanchez didn't get the ball and that decision would probably not have been reversed if VAR is around. It's swings in roundabouts tbh.

Reflecting on the game, I just wanna say karmic fucking justice for you Mr Aubameyang.
Cheated for the pen; bottled the kick; then golden chance at redemption only to see Verts inexplicably come to the rescue.
Oh, and despite being out for weeks, Kane is now level with you on goals.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend arsehole. Somehow I don't think you'll be spending it making commentary videos with your mate Lacazette, or should that be Lack-of- threat!?!?!

Back
Top Bottom