Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

and To be honest this is where everyone gets hung up yes my club have money and yes my club have wealth that we could never imagine but look at your neighbours and for that matter ours without this kind of investment we could only have lived in the shadow of these clubs so yes slag our club off for what we are but I have had 10 years of enjoyment I never could of imagined without such investment and also whilst saying we are are bankrolled by whoever remember I live in an area where from this investment the housing facilities and entire community has been transformed due to investment by the same people you are despising I don’t live in London where the government favours investment sorry if you don’t like this but reality is there is and always will be a north south divide so long live investment

I am pleased for you. But it’s really a very complicated situation that your team and city find themselves involved in.

Many people despise City’s owners and far too often it seems City fans are utterly unable
to actually question why these people are investing in Manchester. It is not a charity situation. It’s not because the Shiek likes the Manchester rain a lot.

What your owners are doing is “Sports Washing”. Sadly, each and every shiny new thing they give to your fans is tainted by real grief and sadness. Why don’t City fans want to see it for what it really is? that being cheating to gain a favourable media payback.

An entire country bank rolls your club and based on your comment part of your City too. Yet United never had such an advantage and dominated English football, proving that’s it is possible to succeed without being ludicrously doped by an entire country.

Consider this, in May 2014 when City were winning the league, a woman was being sentenced to death via stoning by your owners ( country rulers ) No amount of self gratification from a city win really makes that fact any better to stomach. Sadly winning the league sticks in the mind of the masses and no one gives a fuck about that poor woman.

The UAE regime has so many issues surrounding it that you can only look at obvious examples and ask questions about how it functions, City fans don’t seem to question a single thing. That is wrong.

I don’t know if you have a daughter or will ever be blessed with one, but would you like to see any part of the world where she did not have a free choice? That’s what City’s owners want to achieve in their state with their female population. I’d like my daughters to marry whom they want, in UAE that’s not permitted. You can’t marry outside of your religion. That is simply not right, is it ?

When Raheem Stirling smashes in a goal, how many of your fellow fans consider that the people whom pay his wages would arrest him and “disappear” him if he declared himself a homosexual? City’s owners even got twitchy about relocating a stadium to Queens, New York, yet again, they go unchallenged by all our media. Money don’t talk, it silences.

What plays out in a sanitised Amazon Documentary or within certain branches of the media is nothing different to what happened at the 1936 Olympics, it’s propaganda and again the money is keeping (too many) people quiet.

City’s investment ( simply put ) buys “Cheer leaders” for the rulers of UAE. For the city of Manchester, a place that once had Peterloo, to end up blind to this reality and clapping the City group is really quite sad.

The choices for City fans seem to be to 1) “Happy clap” via Amazon Prime or 2) have the balls to point out what Der Spiegel & others has found to anyone who will listen and tell this mob to piss off. Number 2 does not seem to be on the verge of anyone’s to do list.

On the wider point about North West investment and north / south divide. The stats show that the North West region gets the third highest amount of spending per person per year in England. And rather shockingly less money is spent on London than is spent per person in Scotland / Wales and NI. With that in mind I am not sure the reality of the north / South divide is as negative as has been suggested and gives you any hiding place. Exactly why are you not pointing out that Edinburgh gets more than you, so it’s acceptable what your owners do.

Anyway, I’ve digressed. 2-2 and Spurs were a bit lucky. Good. 2-2 and our supporters can moan at Levy a bit, but also sleep well in knowing the only one who disappeared under ENIC seems to have been Jacques Santini. City’s fans can’t sleep with the same feeling.

Last edited:
I remember watching Spurs at home to Sunderland, Burnley and Hull over the years (to name a few) and we totally battered all them but lost. One of those games we had 20 shots to their one....and lost 1-0.

That's football but according to the media yesterday wasn't fair on City.

Fuck them.

I can't think of any other top teams who have their goalkeeper as Captain, can someone enlighten me please if there are any ? Thanks.
zoff2.jpg

Iker+Casillas+Netherlands+v+Spain+2010+FIFA+R3SaG3w7iXwl.jpg
757ecf7b1330d66c5584443dec15dc55.jpg

ed47e09ba845d259a11046d725def1e0.jpg

Consider yourself enlightened! :llorishowudoin:
You're welcome!

City are one of those rare teams that don’t have many weaknesses. But Zinchenko could be one - a midfielder playing at left back.

Stones is another potential liability. Often tries to do much and can be pressured into a mistake.

Not to mention Rodri who doesn’t look like he has adapted to the pace of the Prem League yet.

Come to think of it, they’re quite sh!t.

So many times you had people on this forum moan at Liverpool being jammy or other top clubs getting results they didn't deserve.

Yet we do it and it's papering over the cracks or we aren't good enough.

We just went to City and got a point despite Losing ALL THE STATS. I assure you. We are pretty damn good.

Hahahahaha, who else childishly stropped off swearing like a cunt only to come back to see it had been disallowed?

More to the point, who can claim to have DONE IT TWICE in the past 4 months?

My wife is giving me major grief for my CUNT CUNT CUNTING CUNT strop (and the subsequent manic laughing out loud out loud out loud) on the grounds that "the neighbours might hear". I'm not giving an inch, it is what it is is.

Love football

As a city fan and believe me I was at Wembley 1981 for both games so not a tourist you guys have had two unbelievable decisions go your way fair play but to be honest in the spirit of the game I think it’s dead to be so delighted one minute to have the delight taken away the next is and always will be the end of a sport as we know it remember next time you score a goal don’t celebrate until VAR tells you it’s ok to do so now the reality of this thing is real sorry guys but it’s not that I’m bitter far from it just that I don’t know when to celebrate so goals will now be sterilised until someone hundreds of miles away say yes or no long live VAR

Tried buying the VAR staff? You've bought everything else.

People going on about Spurs fans should be embarrassed for celebrating the VAR decision..

I seriously despair at people’s level of intelligence.. We ( for a few seconds) lose the game in the final minute, have Man City fans trying to get in our faces celebrating and going mental.. Then the goal gets disallowed, what do they seriously think we are going to do???? Just stand there and show no emotion. Clueless Idiots.

Back
Top Bottom