Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't think of any other top teams who have their goalkeeper as Captain, can someone enlighten me please if there are any ? Thanks.
zoff2.jpg

Iker+Casillas+Netherlands+v+Spain+2010+FIFA+R3SaG3w7iXwl.jpg
757ecf7b1330d66c5584443dec15dc55.jpg

ed47e09ba845d259a11046d725def1e0.jpg

Consider yourself enlightened! :llorishowudoin:
You're welcome!

I legit don't understand what the drama is? It hit his hand and by the laws that cost us a penalty in the CL final it's therefore not a goal. Also numerous informed sources have stated why VAR couldn't give City a peno, the reason being it's a subjective call, and the ref saw it and therefore not clear and obvious.

The media really are pathetic tossers, drumming up fake drama because it might effect the golden duo of Liverpool and City no longer getting everything there own way like last season.

Yes we where lucky and played pretty shit, but when a team like Villa got lucky and scores with there first and only shot on target against us they wank them off for a week despite the fact they lost 3-1.

Makes my piss boil how disgustingly biased they have become
I agree, but people have to be consistent.

It was handball according to the 1st Division rules tonight. No goal
Sissoko sticking his arm out at 45º was handball according to the rules in the European Cup final. Penalty.

You can't have it both ways

Caught the highlights on MOTD, Erik took his goal well, impressed on how high Lucas jumped for his goal and Hugo made a couple of good saves.
Can't really comment on much more as didn't see the whole game. But the VAR call was correct; the handball law might be stupid, but it is a law of the game, and it's the same for everyone. So people need to accept it and move on.
Might not have been the best performance, but what a precious point that may prove to be. As we all know, the only statistic that matters is how many goals you score, everything else doesn't mean a fig.

Last edited:
Ultimately we cannot play any worse than this all season and we still managed to steal a point. Take it all day long. However, kane is either not yet match fit or the injuries have reduced his ability to dominate defences as he did a couple of seasons ago.

I can't wait to see son back in this team.

Why the fuck is Sissoko being played out of position. We all know he cant play anywhere except box to box. He is never a winger or even a right sided central midfielder. He looks lost.

I'd go with sissoko and ndombele then lo celso behind moura kane son. Hope pochettino tries that vs Newcastle.

Caught the highlights on MOTD, Erik took his goal well, impressed on how high Lucas jumped for his goal and Hugo made a couple of good saves.
Can't really comment on much more as didn't see the whole game. But the VAR call was correct; the handball law might be stupid, but it is a law of the game, and it's the same for everyone. So people need to accept it and move on.
Might not have been the best performance, but what a precious point that may prove to be. As we all know, the only statistic that matters is how many goals you score, nothing else means a fig.
Agree , when we play away from home I don't really care about the performance only about the result.

Might not have been the best performance, but what a precious point that may prove to be. As we all know, the only statistic that matters is how many goals you score, nothing else means a fig.

They can't accept it (in the media) because it might affect City and Liverpool, the two teams they want to be gunning it out for titles come the end of the season.

I don't know why the media insist on football being so fucking boring, they say VAR takes away from the drama of the game and ruins it, ruins what? The same old teams winning trophies year in year out?

If decisions like today make the league more competitive I am all for it because frankly the idea of City and Liverpool just winning the league constantly for the next 10 years makes me want to stop watching football altogether.

Back
Top Bottom