Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll take it too. But to act like we ground out a result....I mean come on. We got lucky. Sometimes the results don't belie what happened on the field of play.

I never really felt threatened by City, especially in the 2nd half. We left them with half chances that they couldn't do much with.

Yes we got a little bit lucky but all in all I don't think they carved us up like they do so many. If that was down to them or down to us is a different subject entirely but I honestly don't remember many wonder saves from Hugo despite 30 shots at goal and 10 on target. I think we did pretty well and stifled them sufficiently until that VAR situ

All the saltiness due to VAR correctly disallowing a goal from a handball advantage. Everyone saying it’s VAR controversy when in reality that is exactly the job of VAR to wipe out dubious decisions.

bet the likes of Sky and BBC debating how Shitty were robbed.

Exactly.

VAR perfectly serving it's intended purpose.

Everyone just so desperate to suck City's cock.

Sad bastards.

He's not a captain material, it's too obvious but fanatics won't agree

I have nothing against Lloris at all but I must admit I would prefer the team's leader much further up the pitch and amongst the active play. We have England's captain on the field so why can't Harry lead his club as well as his country ?
I can't think of any other top teams who have their goalkeeper as Captain, can someone enlighten me please if there are any ? Thanks.

i didn't expect us to be that poor today-we looked like a team from another division.
I am still trying to figure out how we got away with a point.
Line drawn under this game, take the point and move on.

KWP and Sanchez really worry me

Back
Top Bottom