Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pleased to get a point out of this one. However, we need to find someone that can bring the ball up the pitch, so we aren't mucking about in back, inviting pressure. Also, can we play a little tighter defense man to man? We gave them acres of space all over the pitch, and allowed most of their crosses to be taken uncontested. We acted like we were scared they would run by us. Come to think of it, against City, that might be legit. Anyway, good start to the season.
P.S. Get Jan back on the pitch

and To be honest this is where everyone gets hung up yes my club have money and yes my club have wealth that we could never imagine but look at your neighbours and for that matter ours without this kind of investment we could only have lived in the shadow of these clubs so yes slag our club off for what we are but I have had 10 years of enjoyment I never could of imagined without such investment and also whilst saying we are are bankrolled by whoever remember I live in an area where from this investment the housing facilities and entire community has been transformed due to investment by the same people you are despising I don’t live in London where the government favours investment sorry if you don’t like this but reality is there is and always will be a north south divide so long live investment

Your punctuation is also a human rights abuse.

3895bo.jpg

Really? I thought winners knew how to grind out results.

Man City are one of the best footballing teams on the planet, we got more agains them than 95% of teams will this season, I'll take that all day long!
I'll take it too. But to act like we ground out a result....I mean come on. We got lucky. Sometimes the results don't belie what happened on the field of play.

Pleased to get a point out of this one. However, we need to find someone that can bring the ball up the pitch, so we aren't mucking about in back, inviting pressure. Also, can we play a little tighter defense man to man? We gave them acres of space all over the pitch, and allowed most of their crosses to be taken uncontested. We acted like we were scared they would run by us. Come to think of it, against City, that might be legit. Anyway, good start to the season.
P.S. Get Jan back on the pitch

GLC will take care of that. He is very good brining the ball up the pitch.

As a city fan and believe me I was at Wembley 1981 for both games so not a tourist you guys have had two unbelievable decisions go your way fair play but to be honest in the spirit of the game I think it’s dead to be so delighted one minute to have the delight taken away the next is and always will be the end of a sport as we know it remember next time you score a goal don’t celebrate until VAR tells you it’s ok to do so now the reality of this thing is real sorry guys but it’s not that I’m bitter far from it just that I don’t know when to celebrate so goals will now be sterilised until someone hundreds of miles away say yes or no long live VAR
Are you Noel Gallagher?

This game reminded me of when City lost 2-3 to Crystal Palace at the Etihad last season. City had 19 to 5 shots over Palace and 5-3 on shots on target, which Palace scored on all of their attempts as we did.

This is why football is so great, it's all about putting the ball inside the net when it comes down to it.

We have used our 'Get Out Of Jail Free Card' today to great effect and come away from City with a valuable point. Let us not piss it up against the wall next week against Newcastle and only draw. A resounding and emphatic win should be our response, especially after today's match :thumbup:
:coys:

We have used our 'Get Out Of Jail Free Card' today to great effect and come away from City with a valuable point. Let us not piss it up against the wall next week against Newcastle and only draw. A resounding and emphatic win should be our response, especially after today's match :thumbup:
:coys:

I want us to win £10 in a beauty contest next week.

#Monopolygoals

Back
Top Bottom