Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

SpiderSpurs

Supporter
🪃🦘 Bonza!! 🦘🪃
After a 'tricky' start against Villa, should be an easier match against City, yes?

Going to need everyone at their very best, the diamond formation needs to be binned from the off.

Enjoy the rollercoaster!!

Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif
Dancing-Spurs.gif

\0/\o/\0/ COYS \0/\o/\0/

Last edited:
Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Ndombele - Winks
Eriksen - Lamela - Lucas
Kane

Won't be easy, certainly not as easy as Villa was. But atleast we get this game over and done with now. Probably the hardest game of the season.

Think we'll narrowly lose but certainly more than capable of getting something.

I think we need to go with the tried and trusted 4-2-3-1

I'd bring in Aurier for KWP, I fear this game's too big for Kyle and it could wreck his confidence.

Ndombele and Winks in the middle.

Eriksen Lo Celso Moura

Kane up top of course.

It is hard to call my line up as I don’t know how fit Aurier is, or whether Lo Celso is ready to jump straight in.

Lloris
KWP Alderweireld Vertoghen Rose
Winks Ndombele
Lo Celso Eriksen Lamela
Kane

Bench: Aurier, Sanchez, Sissoko, Moura, Skipp, Gazanigga, Nkoudou.

Tempted to go with Sissoko and Ndombele, but I think Winks will sit and hold the ball better, and if need be Sissoko can come on later and use his physicality on tired legs.
It was a tough choice out of Lamela and Moura who both had great preseasons, but although Moura is a bigger goal threat, I feel Lamela will be better at winning the ball back, and is more creative.
Lo Celso could be key with his dribbling ability to stop City pressing, so I hope he will be ready (if not Moura in his place).
Ideally I would start Aurier over KWP, but he hasn’t played in a long time so it’s best not to risk him personally. I would instruct KWP to stay back and not bomb forward at all, focus on the defensive shape.

Same formation as when Eriksen came on

Lloris
KWP-Toby-Jan-Rose
————Winks
——-Eriksen -Ndombele
Lucas — Kane— Lamela

Lloris
Kwp Toby Dav Jan
Sissoko Tanguy Winks Rose
Eriksen
Kane

One of the few games where you take a point.
Kwp Rose width.
Kane feeding off scraps. 1 or 2 chances will come his way, and for a result in a game like this he just has to take them. Possibly a VAR awarded penalty courtesy of Kyle Walker.

Lo Celso playing the old 'kopfloses huhn' role for 12 minutes off the bench.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Sanchez - Rose
Ndombele - Winks
Eriksen - Lamela - Lucas
Kane

Won't be easy, certainly not as easy as Villa was. But atleast we get this game over and done with now. Probably the hardest game of the season.

Think we'll narrowly lose but certainly more than capable of getting something.
Villa? Easy? It was anything BUT easy. City will be a massive challenge, but we live in hope. This is the sort of game that brings out the best in our players - and I'm always hoping for an upset. However, a draw would be a good result. A win would be a miracle.

Tough tough game. They looked very good away at West Ham. We need to be at our very best to get at least a point.

Lloris
KWP - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Rose
Winks - Ndombele
Lucas - Eriksen - Lamela
Kane
Think it’ll be too soon for Lo Celso and Sessengon. I want Jan to start, but Sanchez had a great second half so who knows!

Not sure if Dele will be fit. If he is then put him in for Lamela.

I going into these games not expecting anything, so anything we do get is a bonus.

I think we need to go with the tried and trusted 4-2-3-1

I'd bring in Aurier for KWP, I fear this game's too big for Kyle and it could wreck his confidence.

Ndombele and Winks in the middle.

Eriksen Lo Celso Moura

Kane up top of course.

Game too big for KWP?

He played at the Nou Camp in a must not lose Champions League game....!

Yes he made an error after 7mins, but held himself together very well after that.

Play the lad.

---------------------Lloris---------------------
Kwp-----------Toby------Jan-----------Rose
---------------------Winks-------------------
---------------Sissoko---Ndombele-------
----------------------Eriksen----------------
--------------Kane------Lucas---------

Back
Top Bottom