Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we need to go with the tried and trusted 4-2-3-1

I'd bring in Aurier for KWP, I fear this game's too big for Kyle and it could wreck his confidence.

Ndombele and Winks in the middle.

Eriksen Lo Celso Moura

Kane up top of course.

Game too big for KWP?

He played at the Nou Camp in a must not lose Champions League game....!

Yes he made an error after 7mins, but held himself together very well after that.

Play the lad.

This result papers over major cracks tbh

We were abysmal for 90% of the game and looked like we couldn’t string 2 passes together

Major improvements needed

Couldn't give a shit if we played rubbish.

Getting a point away at City, who were incredible at times, a team that haven't conceded at home in the league for god knows how long, a team on a 15 game win streak is excellent.

If you can get a point when you're missing Vertonghen, Son and Dele from the starting line up and playing as poor as we did then we are actually doing something right.

COYS. Proud of that result.

City fans last season - “The Llorente goal shouldn’t have stood because it brushed his arm, the rules needed changing.”

*Rules change*

City fans this season - “It wasn’t intentional handball by Laporte, the rules need changing”

LFqHb8f.jpg

As a city fan and believe me I was at Wembley 1981 for both games so not a tourist you guys have had two unbelievable decisions go your way fair play but to be honest in the spirit of the game I think it’s dead to be so delighted one minute to have the delight taken away the next is and always will be the end of a sport as we know it remember next time you score a goal don’t celebrate until VAR tells you it’s ok to do so now the reality of this thing is real sorry guys but it’s not that I’m bitter far from it just that I don’t know when to celebrate so goals will now be sterilised until someone hundreds of miles away say yes or no long live VAR
As a city fan...
Fuck off

We will be one of very, very few teams to go there and come back with anything this season. That point is worth it's weight in gold. One thing is for certain after this and that is VAR will have a huge part to play in the league standings at the end of this campaign.

As a city fan and believe me I was at Wembley 1981 for both games so not a tourist you guys have had two unbelievable decisions go your way fair play but to be honest in the spirit of the game I think it’s dead to be so delighted one minute to have the delight taken away the next is and always will be the end of a sport as we know it remember next time you score a goal don’t celebrate until VAR tells you it’s ok to do so now the reality of this thing is real sorry guys but it’s not that I’m bitter far from it just that I don’t know when to celebrate so goals will now be sterilised until someone hundreds of miles away say yes or no long live VAR

I wish you’d use VAR on your punctuation

giphy.gif

I see the usual suspects were in here yesterday, ruining another match thread with their pathetic whinging and constant slagging off the club, players, Poch, Levy, tea lady, coach driver, Lamela wearing the wrong undies etc.

Fucking stain on our club and on society in general, moaning whinging bitches, trying to drag everyone else down to their level of shite.... life's sad fucking losers. Get out lads, leave the basement, get to a game, meet people, get laid.

Yeah we didn't play well, but we got a result and that will build confidence to go to the other top 6 clubs and get a result.

Back
Top Bottom