Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thank fuck the last few posters remember there’s an actual fucking game on Saturday. You wanna wank each other off and swing ur dicks about take it to the toilet, it’s fucking boring.

This is the internet no1 cares how much of a hard nut you all are.

It’s embarrassing the lot of you :defoe:

For those having a moan about yesterday's performance, the second tweet shows how we chose to adapt to City and alter our game plan. These things need to be considered when analysing the game.

We chose to play narrow, we chose to run the risk of cross threats to prevent them from carving through the middle of us. This was abundantly obvious from early on when we saw Sterling in acres of space continuously. We opted for this rather than pockets of space through the middle and the risk got us a point in the end.

Last edited:
The thing that's annoying me with VAR is that none seems to understand why it was right yesterday:

1. ALL goals will be assessed for any infringement. All this talk of ' no one appealed', etc is moot. Every goal will be looked at. It isn't about clear and obvious or ref opinion.
2. If the ball hits a hand of an attacker, whether deliberate or not, the goal will be disallowed.
3. VAR isn't there to look at every incident (for Lamela's foul) but it is the interpretation of 'clear and obvious' that is the grey area.

No-one was robbed. It isn't a conspiracy.

They said we were fortunate to come away with a point. I agree.
I'm also mightily relieved that we did.

Meh. It was the second game of the season, I wouldn't have bashed the team for losing to the best team in the country. Nothings won and lost in August

Turns out we get an excellent point and we go again though, happy days.

Caught the highlights on MOTD, Erik took his goal well, impressed on how high Lucas jumped for his goal and Hugo made a couple of good saves.
Can't really comment on much more as didn't see the whole game. But the VAR call was correct; the handball law might be stupid, but it is a law of the game, and it's the same for everyone. So people need to accept it and move on.
Might not have been the best performance, but what a precious point that may prove to be. As we all know, the only statistic that matters is how many goals you score, everything else doesn't mean a fig.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom