Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People going on about Spurs fans should be embarrassed for celebrating the VAR decision..

I seriously despair at people’s level of intelligence.. We ( for a few seconds) lose the game in the final minute, have Man City fans trying to get in our faces celebrating and going mental.. Then the goal gets disallowed, what do they seriously think we are going to do???? Just stand there and show no emotion. Clueless Idiots.

People going on about Spurs fans should be embarrassed for celebrating the VAR decision..

I seriously despair at people’s level of intelligence.. We ( for a few seconds) lose the game in the final minute, have Man City fans trying to get in our faces celebrating and going mental.. Then the goal gets disallowed, what do they seriously think we are going to do???? Just stand there and show no emotion. Clueless Idiots.

The comedy of Deja vu too?
Can't wait for the Manu supporting Manchester traffic info operators latest effort.

How about league teams and not National ones and currently playing ??
Zoff retired nearly 40 years ago :roflmao: he's 77 now. Even what you have submitted is effectively only 2 modern day ones (cannot include Lloris ) so that does show a rather limited number as I implied there were.

ConcernedPrestigiousLacewing-small.gif

I think those saying it was a poor performance really need to chill out a little bit. We've played two games, the first one we went 1-0 down early on and they did a hatchet job on us defensively with us finally able to grind them down and the game yesterday was against one of the only teams where we will get dominated possession wise and as such had to change our style to suit this.

Man City away is literally the game everyone would say we are likely to get rings run around us and innall honesty I think we did a really good job leaving them with chances but not genuine clear cut, golden ones.

We didn't see a lot of the ball and we didn't look like the Spurs we have grown to know yes but we were up against Aguero, De Bruyne, Sterling, Bernardo Silva, Rodri etc it's not as if we got slayed by Burnley away. A point is excellent in a game where we were always going to be the 2nd best team on show, give the boys and the gaffer a break, it's a tremendous point, especially when you consider that we were arguably missing 4 first team starters (Aurier, Vertonghen, Dele, Son) from our strongest starting XI. This point sets us up very well and should give our lads some real confidence now.

A few didn't shine granted (Ndombele didn't show what he's really about for example, Kane the same) but as I said it's Man City away, it's impossible to judge the lads under these circumstances. Give it a few more games once the adrenaline of a new season eases off and the lads are allowed to get into their groove a little more. 70 minutes into our first game against Villa we could easily have been looking at 2 losses from our opening 2 games, that's football, that's why we love the game.

Excellent start to the season which will be made even better should we knock a further 3 points in against Newcastle next week. COYS!

Last edited:
I am pleased for you. But it’s really a very complicated situation that your team and city find themselves involved in.

Many people despise City’s owners and far too often it seems City fans are utterly unable
to actually question why these people are investing in Manchester. It is not a charity situation. It’s not because the Shiek likes the Manchester rain a real lot.

What your owners are doing is “Sports Washing”. Sadly, each and every shiny new thing they give to your fans is tainted in real grief and sadness.m. Why don’t City fans want to see it for what it really is? that being cheating to gain.

An entire country bank rolls your City. Yet United never had such an advantage and yet dominated English football, proving that’s it is possible to succeed without being ludicrously doped.

Consider this, in May 2014 when City was winning the league, a woman was being sentenced to death via stoning. No amount of self gratification from a city win really makes that fact any better to stomach. But winning the league sticks in the mind of the masses and no one gives a fuck about that poor woman.

The UAE regime has so many issues about it that you can only look at obvious examples and ask questions about how it functions.

I don’t know if you have a daughter or will ever be blessed with one, but would you like to see any part of the world where she did not have free choice? That’s what City’s owners want to achieve. I’d like my daughters to marry whom they want, in UAE that’s not permitted. You can’t marry outside of your religion. That is simply not right.

When Raheem Stirling smashes a goal in, how many of your fellow fans consider that the people whom pay his wages would arrest him and “disappear” him if he declared himself a homosexual? City’s owners even got twitchy about relocating a stadium to Queens New York, yet they go unchallenged by all our media.

What plays out on Amazon Prime or In branches of the media is nothing different to what happened at the 1936 Olympics and money is keeping too many people quiet.

City’s investment ( simply put ) buys “Cheer leaders” for their regimes. For a city that once had Peterloo to end up blind to reality of the City group is really quite sad.

The choices for City fans seem to be to 1) “Happy clap” via Amazon Prime or 2) have the balls to point out what Der Spiegel has found to anyone who will listen.

On the wider point about North West investment. The stats show that the North West region gets the third highest amount of spending per person per year in England. And rather shockingly less money is spent on London than is spent per person in Scotland / Wales and NI. With that in mind I am not sure the reality of the north / South divide is as negative as has been suggested.

Anyway, I digress. 2-2 and Spurs were a bit lucky.- good. 2-2 and our supports can moan at Levy a bit, but also sleep well in knowing the only one who disappeared under ENIC seems to have been Jacques Santini. Ciry’s owners can’t say the same.
This is EXACTLY what I like to think I could have typed in reply too...

:walker:

:walkercry:

Oh god, this game was a horrorshow. Ofc super pleased with the point gained... and some of the fighting spirit... but that is about it.

I absolutely HATED how we started the game. We were so goddamn "polite" with them on the field. Gave them as much room as they wanted. We were not really ready to play from the whistle - first 20 minutes or so posession was 83-17 to City. And our movement was so bad that Rose did not have options to thow ball to already on 10th minute. We absolutely HAVE TO find a way to start games... well you know, same time as oppo team. We cannot give them flying start if we want to improve!!!

Sorry, I just think that if we aim high we should also be critical if it is honest. And honestly we were absolutely outplayed in first half at least. Let's face it - if some other team would play like we did, we would call it "anti-football" and would be fuming about the score not reflecing the game. Their movement and ball retention was something different than we were able to show today. I guess the biggest difference came from how dynamic and energetic was their midfield and how static was ours. We just had no time at all on the ball.

But of course the silver lining here is the point that we got from the hardest game of the season. Luckly after the interval we started to play with some more energy and we were more in the game. Though still struggled to build meaningful attacking movements.

Really happy that this is over now, and Son will be back for the next fixture!
Come on you Spurs, lets learn from here and carry on the season!
You do know who we were playing-right? It wasn't Mansfield Town, it was the most expensively constructed football team in Britain. Moaning about how poorly we played or our struggles with possession retention kind of ignores just how good they are.
A draw is a fantastic result given the fact of how many top flight back to back wins they have had.

Don't know what your problem is Bjorn Synnes , this was a joke reply which Larry David Larry David appreciated as one.

He has very strong views on censorship, the cunt...

Apologies Mrs P...

My rating was an instant of "fat fingers" caused by my two year old daughter physically demanding my attention while i was trying to shut down multiple windows and shut my laptop fast..

Lucky that all it did was rile you guys, I could have been trying to pay some bill..

My rating was an instant of "fat fingers" caused by my two year old daughter physically demanding my attention while i was trying to shut down multiple windows and shut my laptop fast..

Lucky that all it did was rile you guys, I could have been trying to pay some bill..

That has happened to me in fairness but this still makes you a terrible person.

:dierpochhug:

The salt from the media and Man City fans this morning is a thing of beauty.....

Kevin Kilbane whinging on the beeb that VAR ruined the game yesterday and also ruined the Champions League quarter final last year.......

I suppose you've got to feel for the Man City fans really

:dembelelol:

I am pleased for you. But it’s really a very complicated situation that your team and city find themselves involved in.

Many people despise City’s owners and far too often it seems City fans are utterly unable
to actually question why these people are investing in Manchester. It is not a charity situation. It’s not because the Shiek likes the Manchester rain a real lot.

What your owners are doing is “Sports Washing”. Sadly, each and every shiny new thing they give to your fans is tainted in real grief and sadness.m. Why don’t City fans want to see it for what it really is? that being cheating to gain.

An entire country bank rolls your City. Yet United never had such an advantage and yet dominated English football, proving that’s it is possible to succeed without being ludicrously doped.

Consider this, in May 2014 when City was winning the league, a woman was being sentenced to death via stoning. No amount of self gratification from a city win really makes that fact any better to stomach. But winning the league sticks in the mind of the masses and no one gives a fuck about that poor woman.

The UAE regime has so many issues about it that you can only look at obvious examples and ask questions about how it functions.

I don’t know if you have a daughter or will ever be blessed with one, but would you like to see any part of the world where she did not have free choice? That’s what City’s owners want to achieve. I’d like my daughters to marry whom they want, in UAE that’s not permitted. You can’t marry outside of your religion. That is simply not right.

When Raheem Stirling smashes a goal in, how many of your fellow fans consider that the people whom pay his wages would arrest him and “disappear” him if he declared himself a homosexual? City’s owners even got twitchy about relocating a stadium to Queens New York, yet they go unchallenged by all our media.

What plays out on Amazon Prime or In branches of the media is nothing different to what happened at the 1936 Olympics and money is keeping too many people quiet.

City’s investment ( simply put ) buys “Cheer leaders” for their regimes. For a city that once had Peterloo to end up blind to reality of the City group is really quite sad.

The choices for City fans seem to be to 1) “Happy clap” via Amazon Prime or 2) have the balls to point out what Der Spiegel has found to anyone who will listen.

On the wider point about North West investment. The stats show that the North West region gets the third highest amount of spending per person per year in England. And rather shockingly less money is spent on London than is spent per person in Scotland / Wales and NI. With that in mind I am not sure the reality of the north / South divide is as negative as has been suggested.

Anyway, I digress. 2-2 and Spurs were a bit lucky.- good. 2-2 and our supports can moan at Levy a bit, but also sleep well in knowing the only one who disappeared under ENIC seems to have been Jacques Santini. Ciry’s owners can’t say the same.

I want to give this more than one like. Fabulous post.

Very happy with this result. You could get everything absolutely spot on, put in the most exhausting, energetic and inspiring performance and still get humped by City.

We were a bit rubbish and patchy and got a point.

Hilarious and brilliant stuff.

Love Lucas!

Fuck me am I reading this right?

We have just taken a point off the best team in the country at their place and the post match comments have taught me....

1. Poch's tactics were shit
2. Kane was shit
3. Ndombele was shit
4. Eriksen was shit
5. Sanchez was shit
6. KWP was 'ok'

I could go on.

Tedious.

When you put fuel in your car, do you take all of this into account? Let's face it, none of the middle east has a good record when it comes to human rights. If they were so bad why do we trade with them?
There will be other teams that will get bought out by dubious financial powers, what would you do if it was Spurs? Walk away, never to return?
I get a lot of what you're saying but it's rather flawed to say City and it's fans are in some way complicit with some poor woman being stoned to death
Other teams, agreed, like Chelsea - equally dubious and scummy.

Your point about fuel in our cars does not stand up. Putting aside our own North Sea Oil production we obtain most oil from Norway, and before we get to a major Middle Eastern power ( Saudi ) we import more from Nigeria, Algeria, United States and Russia. Certainly was true that we get more crude oil from Canada than we do UAE.

Have we ever seen any major protest from City supporters ? Or have we seen them dress up like sheiks and bounce about in utter joy about their fortune ? Until I see the latter they are complacent.

Anyways, getting too political here.

Let’s get back to Spurs.

Before the game started I mentioned in the pub that I felt we could get something from it but what I didn't expect was just how disjointed and off the pace we would be.
The defence was appalling, the midfield could not hold onto the ball for more than a couple of passes and Kane barely touched the ball, city were were quicker everywhere and just didn't allow us anytime what has happened to us in that regard why do we no longer play with that intensity.
We eventually settled down but by then city had almost run out of ideas of where to shoot from or felt pity on how easy it was to get through us, but again as a result I'm happy to get the draw and not suffer an early defeat.

Disagree all you like. While you were date raping at spring break, we were all watching the final stages of an underwhelming as fuck season in the top flight for that cunt Sess. He's a prospect at most. Not a top player. Will he become one? Maybe his experience of being a complete embarrassment to his family will make him humble. If it does, he might listen and develop. If he doesn't, and carries on as a championship primadonna, then he will continue to be a championship no mark.

Anyway, it's not that long to Thanksgiving when you think about it, ya fat turkey.
Brutal

I see the usual suspects were in here yesterday, ruining another match thread with their pathetic whinging and constant slagging off the club, players, Poch, Levy, tea lady, coach driver, Lamela wearing the wrong undies etc.

Fucking stain on our club and on society in general, moaning whinging bitches, trying to drag everyone else down to their level of shite.... life's sad fucking losers. Get out lads, leave the basement, get to a game, meet people, get laid.

Yeah we didn't play well, but we got a result and that will build confidence to go to the other top 6 clubs and get a result.

Back
Top Bottom