Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Jesus close to getting a red after his bullshit kids behavior after VAR disallowed the goal. Compare him to Lucas in attitude they are like chalk and cheese.

Random observation but I feel better about KWP today with his performance. Not sure if there is a tougher test than an in form Sterling.
I reckon it's because on another day if City actually capitalized their golden chances, we would've lost 5 to 2 and people would be singing a different tune. He was clearly out of his depth and the same people who were calling him the weak link in the matchthread are now saying he had a decent outing, but only because they are happy with the result. We couldn't afford a starting RB this summer but I bet that will be our no.1 priority this Winter.

Thought I said after last week there will be no taking the name Harry Kane in vein?

But here we are, one week later after a draw at the home of the champions and people are using blasphemy against the one true King!!

Give him the fucking ball and he will score, it’s quite simple.

I challenge anyone on here who can point me in the direction of point blank misses Kane has had since he hit that goal against Villa a few years ago??
I bet we can all count them on one hand not using thumbs.....

Not Kane’s fault that the group behind him are inconsistent from one week to the next....

Now put up your favourite screen shot of Kane, look him in the eye and apologise!!

I am pleased for you. But it’s really a very complicated situation that your team and city find themselves involved in.

Many people despise City’s owners and far too often it seems City fans are utterly unable
to actually question why these people are investing in Manchester. It is not a charity situation. It’s not because the Shiek likes the Manchester rain a real lot.

What your owners are doing is “Sports Washing”. Sadly, each and every shiny new thing they give to your fans is tainted in real grief and sadness.m. Why don’t City fans want to see it for what it really is? that being cheating to gain.

An entire country bank rolls your City. Yet United never had such an advantage and yet dominated English football, proving that’s it is possible to succeed without being ludicrously doped.

Consider this, in May 2014 when City was winning the league, a woman was being sentenced to death via stoning. No amount of self gratification from a city win really makes that fact any better to stomach. But winning the league sticks in the mind of the masses and no one gives a fuck about that poor woman.

The UAE regime has so many issues about it that you can only look at obvious examples and ask questions about how it functions.

I don’t know if you have a daughter or will ever be blessed with one, but would you like to see any part of the world where she did not have free choice? That’s what City’s owners want to achieve. I’d like my daughters to marry whom they want, in UAE that’s not permitted. You can’t marry outside of your religion. That is simply not right.

When Raheem Stirling smashes a goal in, how many of your fellow fans consider that the people whom pay his wages would arrest him and “disappear” him if he declared himself a homosexual? City’s owners even got twitchy about relocating a stadium to Queens New York, yet they go unchallenged by all our media.

What plays out on Amazon Prime or In branches of the media is nothing different to what happened at the 1936 Olympics and money is keeping too many people quiet.

City’s investment ( simply put ) buys “Cheer leaders” for their regimes. For a city that once had Peterloo to end up blind to reality of the City group is really quite sad.

The choices for City fans seem to be to 1) “Happy clap” via Amazon Prime or 2) have the balls to point out what Der Spiegel has found to anyone who will listen.

On the wider point about North West investment. The stats show that the North West region gets the third highest amount of spending per person per year in England. And rather shockingly less money is spent on London than is spent per person in Scotland / Wales and NI. With that in mind I am not sure the reality of the north / South divide is as negative as has been suggested.

Anyway, I digress. 2-2 and Spurs were a bit lucky.- good. 2-2 and our supports can moan at Levy a bit, but also sleep well in knowing the only one who disappeared under ENIC seems to have been Jacques Santini. Ciry’s owners can’t say the same.
When you put fuel in your car, do you take all of this into account? Let's face it, none of the middle east has a good record when it comes to human rights. If they were so bad why do we trade with them?
There will be other teams that will get bought out by dubious financial powers, what would you do if it was Spurs? Walk away, never to return?
I get a lot of what you're saying but it's rather flawed to say City and it's fans are in some way complicit with some poor woman being stoned to death

i didn't expect us to be that poor today-we looked like a team from another division.
I am still trying to figure out how we got away with a point.
Line drawn under this game, take the point and move on.

KWP and Sanchez really worry me

KWP went AWOL for their first goal and Toby let that fucking midget get in front of him for their second.

How you can suggest that Sanchez worries you is puzzling, or is he popping around your gaff in the week and poking your missus?

KWP went AWOL for their first goal and Toby let that fucking midget get in front of him for their second.

How you can suggest that Sanchez worries you is puzzling, or is he popping around your gaff in the week and poking your missus?

lol awol on a supreme piece of genuis. I don't blame any defender for missing that ball. That is pure class by De Bruyne.

Rules being rules, I came away with two major perspectives from the game: (Pardon my music themes below...I am high and happy after getting off a 7 day week and watching that game). BTW I am happy with the outcome, but I do think there is some major room for growth.

1. Man City are a very good team. The way they press and break are amazing to watch. They had us on the edge of their knife all day, but thanks to a well drilled defense, and the new rule book, we come away with a point. The point doesn't detract from the fact that I think the Man CIty experiment is amazing to see at full tilt. The way their whole team just sank in on the ball when we had it was a like listening to classical music--everything was planned out and well executed. We on the other hand were a bit Jazz like--improvising as we went on, as if attempting to break through the orchestrated string section with our loud trumpet.

The only time our solo came into a semblance of a quartet was just before and after the Lamela goal. We found a pocket to groove in and Winks was just starting to get involved. City were forced to drop their press a bit as our center pair of Winks and Ndombele began to link, Eriksen and Lamela were finding a couple pockets centrally, and Sissoko had a couple right wing bursts. The tempo was starting to become ours. But then mic dropped and the game was solely in the hands of the MC.

2. The Moura Substitution--the Pros and Cons

The +s (outside the obvious goal )

• Put on a runner to lengthen the pitch
  • Brought Kane deeper to get involved
  • At times there were 10 men sitting their, as tight as possible making city work for it
The -s

• Removed any funk we had in the midfield
Moura was the right sub, but for the wrong person. Moura should have come on for Lamela.

For all the hate Winks gets from the people on this board, he was very necessary in keeping the pressure off of us. When he went off, it was just sit and pray. I don't have the stats as I cannot for the life of me compare first half possession to second half, but our back line had no one to pass to when Winks trotted off the field.

For all the plaudits Ndombele gets for being able to receive the ball, he was MIA. Outside some needed tackles at the end and the ball to Lamela, he was very poor and didn't want to take any pressure off the back line, which he needs to start doing if we plan to play out of the back. He was more involved when Winks was in because the defense had to track Winks more than Sissoko, but he was still poor at that time.

We are very lucky a new rule saved us today. We need to still work on our midfield as the better teams will copy what was just on display. The only player calling for the ball was Winks and it can't be like that if we want to play football. Today we were pretty poor on the ball, but I will take the point any day.

Last edited:
Rules being rules, I came away with two major perspectives from the game: (Pardon my music themes below...I am high and happy after getting off a 7 day week and watching that game). BTW I am happy with the outcome, but I do think there is some major room for growth.

1. Man City are a very good team. The way they press and break are amazing to watch. They had us on the edge of their knife all day, but thanks to a well drilled defense, and the new rule book, we come away with a point. The point doesn't detract from the fact that I think the Man CIty experiment is amazing to see at full tilt. The way their whole team just sank in on the ball when we had it was a like listening to classical music--everything was planned out and well executed. We on the other hand were a bit Jazz like--improvising as we went on, as if attempting to break through the orchestrated string section with our loud trumpet.

The only time our solo came into a semblance of a quartet was just before and after the Lamela goal. We found a pocket to groove in and Winks was just starting to get involved. City were forced to drop their press a bit as our center pair of Winks and Ndombele began to link, Eriksen and Lamela were finding a couple pockets centrally, and Sissoko had a couple right wing bursts. The tempo was starting to become ours. But then mic dropped and the game was solely in the hands of the MC.

2. The Moura Substitution--the Pros and Cons

The +s (outside the obvious goal )

• Put on a runner to lengthen the pitch
  • Brought Kane deeper to get involved
  • At times there were 10 men sitting their, as tight as possible making city work for it
The -s

• Removed any funk we had in the midfield
Moura was the right sub, but for the wrong person. Moura should have come on for Lamela.

For all the hate Winks gets from the people on this board, he was very necessary in keeping the pressure off of us. When he went off, it was just sit and pray. I don't have the stats as I cannot for the life of me compare first half possession to second half, but our back line had no one to pass to when Winks trotted off the field.

For all the plaudits Ndombele gets for being able to receive the ball, he MIA. Outside some needed tackles at the end and the ball to Lamela, he was very poor and didn't want to take any pressure off the back line, which he needs to start doing if we plan to play out of the back. He was more involved when Winks was in because the defense had to track Winks more than Sissoko, but he was still poor at that time.

We are very lucky a new rule saved us today. We need to still work on our midfield as the better teams will copy what was just on display. The only player calling for the ball was Winks and it can't be like that if we want to play football. Today we were pretty poor on the ball, but I will take the point any day.
Fantastic post

I reckon it's because on another day if City actually capitalized their golden chances, we would've lost 5 to 2 and people would be singing a different tune. He was clearly out of his depth and the same people who were calling him the weak link in the matchthread are now saying he had a decent outing, but only because they are happy with the result. We couldn't afford a starting RB this summer but I bet that will be our no.1 priority this Winter.
I think part of the problem is the way poch has the full backs playing close to the centre half instead of playing wider to make the wingers,
I'm old school I expect full backs to stop wingers crossing the ball, midfielders should deal with the extra players running into the box

Watching parts of it back, I've got to say our fans sounded bloody great. Big lungs doing some 12th player stuff to help lift the team. Keep that going back home and you'll hear the roar in Bromley.

I am pleased for you. But it’s really a very complicated situation that your team and city find themselves involved in.

Many people despise City’s owners and far too often it seems City fans are utterly unable
to actually question why these people are investing in Manchester. It is not a charity situation. It’s not because the Shiek likes the Manchester rain a real lot.

What your owners are doing is “Sports Washing”. Sadly, each and every shiny new thing they give to your fans is tainted in real grief and sadness.m. Why don’t City fans want to see it for what it really is? that being cheating to gain.

An entire country bank rolls your City. Yet United never had such an advantage and yet dominated English football, proving that’s it is possible to succeed without being ludicrously doped.

Consider this, in May 2014 when City was winning the league, a woman was being sentenced to death via stoning. No amount of self gratification from a city win really makes that fact any better to stomach. But winning the league sticks in the mind of the masses and no one gives a fuck about that poor woman.

The UAE regime has so many issues about it that you can only look at obvious examples and ask questions about how it functions.

I don’t know if you have a daughter or will ever be blessed with one, but would you like to see any part of the world where she did not have free choice? That’s what City’s owners want to achieve. I’d like my daughters to marry whom they want, in UAE that’s not permitted. You can’t marry outside of your religion. That is simply not right.

When Raheem Stirling smashes a goal in, how many of your fellow fans consider that the people whom pay his wages would arrest him and “disappear” him if he declared himself a homosexual? City’s owners even got twitchy about relocating a stadium to Queens New York, yet they go unchallenged by all our media.

What plays out on Amazon Prime or In branches of the media is nothing different to what happened at the 1936 Olympics and money is keeping too many people quiet.

City’s investment ( simply put ) buys “Cheer leaders” for their regimes. For a city that once had Peterloo to end up blind to reality of the City group is really quite sad.

The choices for City fans seem to be to 1) “Happy clap” via Amazon Prime or 2) have the balls to point out what Der Spiegel has found to anyone who will listen.

On the wider point about North West investment. The stats show that the North West region gets the third highest amount of spending per person per year in England. And rather shockingly less money is spent on London than is spent per person in Scotland / Wales and NI. With that in mind I am not sure the reality of the north / South divide is as negative as has been suggested.

Anyway, I digress. 2-2 and Spurs were a bit lucky.- good. 2-2 and our supports can moan at Levy a bit, but also sleep well in knowing the only one who disappeared under ENIC seems to have been Jacques Santini. Ciry’s owners can’t say the same.

Splendiferous post

Got away with murder yesterday. I watched the game back again last night and some of our performances were dreadful. Players ambling round the pitch not tracking runners, etc, no wonder they carved us open so many times. Eriksen, Rose, Winks, Ndombele to name but a few culprits. You can't afford to go there and not do the basics, how did we come away with a point :pochfacepalm: Quite worryingly actually. Makes you think what we could achieve if some of our players showed some discipline and did their jobs properly.

Back
Top Bottom