Man City Vs Tottenham - Sat 17th August 2019.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

starsport18.jpg

I see the usual suspects were in here yesterday, ruining another match thread with their pathetic whinging and constant slagging off the club, players, Poch, Levy, tea lady, coach driver, Lamela wearing the wrong undies etc.

Fucking stain on our club and on society in general, moaning whinging bitches, trying to drag everyone else down to their level of shite.... life's sad fucking losers. Get out lads, leave the basement, get to a game, meet people, get laid.

Yeah we didn't play well, but we got a result and that will build confidence to go to the other top 6 clubs and get a result.

Agreed.

As flakey as the performance was yesterday, we left Maine Road with a point. Not many other teams will do that this season.

Top 4 is a battle between the 'big 6' and the results that matter are the 10 games against the other members of the 'big 6'.

Great result, awful performance - but isn't that what the best teams do?

On to the Geordies.

I reckon it's because on another day if City actually capitalized their golden chances, we would've lost 5 to 2 and people would be singing a different tune. He was clearly out of his depth and the same people who were calling him the weak link in the matchthread are now saying he had a decent outing, but only because they are happy with the result. We couldn't afford a starting RB this summer but I bet that will be our no.1 priority this Winter.

Couldn't afford? Seriously have a word with yourself, maybe Poch believes if he plays him, he will grow into a great player.

Dear Deirdrie
When I go to watch my football team play worse teams and they play badly but win, I get cross and tell everyone that it’s not the result that matters it’s the style and they should do better. But when they play badly against better teams and win (or even draw) then I’m happy because the result is the main thing.
Does this inconsistency make me a bad person?

Did you not see Jesus' stupid wave dance thing? It wasn't held back. I wanted to punch him

Exactly and now he feels a Tit, not to mention the Man City fans getting right in our fans faces and acting like total Twats ( no different to what I would have done ). Next time they will think twice at it really hurt them, they were almost crying by all accounts :dembelelol:

if City actually capitalized their golden chances, we would've lost 5 to 2

Yes but we didn't. That's the nature of football. The records will show a UAE 2-2 Spurs.

If the rest of your post refers to KWP, he was Ok yesterday. I thought in the first half that Sterling would end his career, but he settled down and Sterling/Gundogan were anonymous in the second half.

He needs a run of a dozen games before we can make an objective assessment.

Nobody played to their potential yesterday.

I don't thing Ndombele is fully fit yet. Lo Celso getting 10 minutes is encouraging even though he didn't touch the ball.

Son back, Dele, Dier etc soon available. What's not to like?

Is it just me who thinks we should be giving the team greater credit for the way they defended yesterday?

Totally agree.. unfortunately we have fans that are not happy unless they are moaning.

They were just about average in their first game and strolled past West Ham scoring 5. They gave everything yesterday and only managed a draw.
We were not great for sure but we got a point, what’s not to like?

I remember watching Spurs at home to Sunderland, Burnley and Hull over the years (to name a few) and we totally battered all them but lost. One of those games we had 20 shots to their one....and lost 1-0.

That's football but according to the media yesterday wasn't fair on City.

Fuck them.

I remember watching Spurs at home to Sunderland, Burnley and Hull over the years (to name a few) and we totally battered all them but lost. One of those games we had 20 shots to their one....and lost 1-0.

Fuck them.

Newcastle at home, must have had about 30 shots without scoring, anyone remember that??

Fuck them.
Last season against United at Wembley, against the de Gea wall, didn't we have 14 shots saved? Still managed to lose!

For those having a moan about yesterday's performance, the second tweet shows how we chose to adapt to City and alter our game plan. These things need to be considered when analysing the game.

We chose to play narrow, we chose to run the risk of cross threats to prevent them from carving through the middle of us. This was abundantly obvious from early on when we saw Sterling in acres of space continuously. We opted for this rather than pockets of space through the middle and the risk got us a point in the end.

Last edited:
Agreed.

As flakey as the performance was yesterday, we left Maine Road with a point. Not many other teams will do that this season.

Top 4 is a battle between the 'big 6' and the results that matter are the 10 games against the other members of the 'big 6'.

Great result, awful performance - but isn't that what the best teams do?

On to the Geordies.
Fuckin Maine Road,?!! :pochshock2:

Awful performance yesterday. Was a bloody tough watch. Really thought we'd threaten them more but just got boxed in and certainly rode our luck. Clinical with the only chances we had.

Can't say I'm happy with the performance but more than happy with what could be a massively important point. We've been on the receiving end of games like that shit loads so I'll take. We'd better batter, and I'm sure we will, those inept Geordies next week...

For those having a moan about yesterday's performance, the second tweet shows how we chose to adapt to City and alter our game plan. These things need to be considered when analysing the game.

We chose to play narrow, we chose to run the risk of cross threats to prevent them from carving through the middle of us. This was abundantly obvious from early on when we saw Sterling in acres of space continuously. We opted for this rather than pockets of space through the middle and the risk got us a point in the end.

That's fine, but then make sure you track the runners trying to get on the end of the crosses. If you're going to defend the centre don't let players run off you into dangerous areas. Basic stuff really, that's all.

Not necessarily aimed at you Park Lane but I'm getting fed up of these black and white debates. Can we not enjoy the result AND recognise how fortunate we were with some constructive, reasoned debate.

Back
Top Bottom