Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure how to repost something from Twitter, but there is a picture of him taking turf off the pitch at White Hart Lane against Man United.

You can look at this in two ways, a) he loves the club and wants to stay or b) he is going to sell it on eBay to show Man City how much he loves money.

I think sometimes a player could just sit down for a second and think:

Im happy here, Im a multi millionaire on (eg) 5M a year, Im important to this project, Im loved by the fans.
Maybe I'll stick this out even if someone else is earning 7M a year

Would be nice wouldnt it

Maybe Kyle specifically wants to be in a team that is battling for 4th?

He was happy doing it whilst we were in that position, but since we've been battling for 2nd it's just not for him - he'd rather join City and be back where we were a few years back
:walker::sonpoint:

Imagine in a few years the grandkids asking what you lot used to do in those great summers when the world wasn't full of robots....

Oh I sat on the internet and spent an entire summer discussing Kyle Walker's transfer value..... and he didn't even get sold

:pochfacepalm:

Man City have spent a billion dollars on player transfers in the past ten years, but all of a sudden they decide on this particular transfer that they're going to start spending rationally? Nah ah, Levy ain't playing that game.

Let's check out what Blue Moon has to say:

Others have a more accurate feel for what's happening:

"As a club we pride ourselves on ethics."

I mean on what planet...?

Walker and his IQ vs Poch tactics and coaching.
mmmm......
I bet KW would rather Harry be managing. Just get out there and run around a bit, have fun.

So yeh Paul Mitchell you have some work to do.
Are you suggesting we need a new first choice right back? There is no available right back we could find near Walker's level in my opinion.

Zabaleta and Coleman are the only two better in the league for me; Walker was extremely solid last year and was our best player after Lloris, Ade and Eriksen in my opinion.

He's just come back from a huge setback and up until this game has been very good considering the lay-off. He may be a bit :walker: but high tempo, pressing and an offside trap is hardly rocket science.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me and he'll only get better.

Last edited:
I deliberately said high performing individuals, compared to 99 % of the wingbacks in this world he earns a shitload of money, not disagreeing with that. Just don't know how i would react in his position, it's not like he is a lifelong Spurs fan or anything like that.

I think sometimes a player could just sit down for a second and think:

Im happy here, Im a multi millionaire on (eg) 5M a year, Im important to this project, Im loved by the fans.
Maybe I'll stick this out even if someone else is earning 7M a year

Would be nice wouldnt it

I would never begrudge a player for leaving to get more money (unless its to Woolwich), since these guys careers are short and chances to move in their prime years are few.
Levy will hold out for a certain price (would assume 35-50) and then we will buy a younger talent for half of that and be in a stronger place to improve the squad.

Awww poor buggers with their short careers. Can only earn 90grand a week for at least 15 years.

So just the 70 Million pounds over a career then.....plus advertising and getting free top notch cars which they are paid to drive etc

Oh the worry......what will their poor kids do for food

From the Evening Standard:
"Walker is one of the best right-backs in the Premier League, and working under Pep Guardiola at the Etihad Stadium is only going to make him a better player."

:deledoubt:

:eriksenlol:

What. absolute. shit.

"But that geezer who saw him on holiday asked him if he was staying and he said he was!!!!"

200.gif

I hate Fraudiola with a passion takes the glory for a peak Barcelona who have been taught to play that way since before their balls drop then blags a one horse race gig for a few years in Germany then comes to city and flops but manages to convince one of the world's richest men who knows fuck all about football to buy him anything he wants , now his game plan seems to be copy Pochettino and get quality full backs who can double up as wingers create width because that seems to work well in the PL, if he succeeds it will all be about pep and his philosophy when that catalonian cuntbag wouldn't know a revolutionary new style of play if it bit him on the fucking arse.

Last edited:
Had to chuckle when reading the Kyle Walker thread in the Blue Moon forum & they start talking about 'the project'. What project is that then? The one where you spunk £250m on new players every season & hope something works?

Back
Top Bottom