Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

People who like to say 'trust in Poch' should actually try trusting him. We've no idea what he's seen in Walker. He could be losing his pace for all we know, and there isn't much else to his game.

Is this anywhere yet??

Actually... I wasn't expecting it to be, but it's very very funny!

Gomes, Defoe, Townsend all do classic reactions, but weirdly, Jan's 'reaction' defies belief... and is kinda why we love him... Naughton & Sandro are fucking unhinged!!!!

To be fair the game before that though..

Martial was a couple yards passed Trippier before he even got his leg out. Martial got the assist from that.

That kind of highlighted the differences in the two.

Walker is a kryptonite for pacey powerful wingers (which the prem is full of) because he is also monstrously athletic.

I like KT though.
Despite Trippier's marked improvements Kyle Walker is still our best RB in my opinion. Will be gutted to see him go.

Where Walker has so far been smart though is not to talk openly of wanting a move, unless I have missed something?

He must know he would be vilfied were he to do that.

So he sits there knowing City have other options that they can pursue and we sit there biding our time.

The one negative is if we then receive a huge and unsettling bid near the end of the window that throws us and Walker. That would be problematic.

It's only a problem if Walker wants to leave and so far it's only the papers who have come up with that because Walker "wants game time"...apparently 36 appearances from 38 means he's out of favor.

City might not even want him. It's all paper talk....I think they were shocked he was taken to Hong Kong and got game time.
They were expecting a bid after his "goodbye" tweet. Nothing....

If he leaves it will be on Spurs terms and the sooner people realise this isn't 2008 the better.

If he goes, he goes. It will be with a heavy heart but he's served us well and handles himself well and most importantly, respects us and the club.

I think we'll have had his best years and I don't think City's style of play will suit him anywhere near as well as ours does. Rose was more important to keep.

I'll just say good luck, Kyle. I hope you succeed whilst City fail.

Lets look at the facts here;

Did the manager want to keep him - No
Was the player first choice in his position - Probably not.
Was the player willing to fight for his place - No
Is £54m a fair price - It's about £25m too much.
Can the money be better utilised in other areas - Yes
Does this make us a selling club - No it was a no brainer as £54m for arguably a 2nd choice defender is ridiculous

Come on we would have been mad to turn it down ( as long as we spend the money wisely )

He's behaved respectfully & that's all you can ask from an ex player who gave us excellent service over the years. The fact he still speaks fondly about us says much about the club & the fans. Each to their own but I feel no malice to him now it's done & dusted.

If we sell a player in his prime to a rival then we haven't moved on from being just a stepping-stone selling club. If he goes, it has to be abroad and for a lot of money.

I'll be gutted if we well him to a rival. Sorry, but that's exactly the sort of thing we used to do and everybody assumed we were past.

If you want to win the league, you don't sell one of the best players in the league in his position, to a direct rival. It would send all the wrong signals.

On Bluemoon:

Terms have been agreed with Walker, but think there's still a bit of haggling going on with Levy, as you'd expect. Think it's concerning add-ons.

They've also visited this forum:

went to see if the Spuds were slagging Walker off to see if it was true from their perspective, but tbh, didnt get past the name of their forum without peeing myself with laughter

It confuses me:

- We don't want some oil Barron owning our club treating it as a toy, further diluting our great game
- We don't want a cheaper Olympic Park as it's not our home
- We don't want to buy mercenaries who demand a huge salary, have no soul and upset the ship

But we get pissed when we operate to avoid the above happening.

Lets not forget our new stadium is a mahoosive investment that is twice the price of the Olympic park. Lets think back to how crippled Woolwich were for years from the financial investment in the Emirates. Those Gooner fans have a short memory, Wenger kept them competing with very little resource – the guy is a decent coach. It's now our turn and Levy has learnt a lot from this. He has a decent manager who can develop youth on the cheap. He has been shrewd for years building up finances to start the build, he has pulled off some amazing commercial deals to give revenue and keep us competitive so whilst we're not spanking £100m every window we're still sailing in the right direction.

Back
Top Bottom