Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't think he's hell bent on leaving. Nothing he's ever said has suggested that. Of course, if we get rid and especially to a rival it would be disappointing.

I'm like you though, I have no problem with Trippier being Walkers replacement. He doesn't provide us with the pace but he provides us with a better end product.

I did say "if" but I don't think don't think Spurs would sell him if he was happy to stay , so If he leaves it's because he has a strong desire to do so.

Man City have spent a billion dollars on player transfers in the past ten years, but all of a sudden they decide on this particular transfer that they're going to start spending rationally? Nah ah, Levy ain't playing that game.

Let's check out what Blue Moon has to say:
We can afford to play hard ball here. Gone are the days when we roll onto our backs and have our tummy tickled. Walker is not worth 40m never mind closer to £60m - I wouldn't pay over £30m for him - and that includes a premium for being homegrown - but then again it's not my money. If we pull out Spurs will be left with a player who has shown he has not a lot of loyalty so win win for me. There must be better targets at the fees being quoted and I hope we move on - he's not on the same level as Bernardo Silva for instance.
And Levy will know this, he will be in no hurry to sell him early he can wait to the final 2 weeks of the window until says ok I'll take 45m
The money originally quoted is vastly overpaying imo. Any increase is fucking ridiculous.

Others have a more accurate feel for what's happening:
It's also the worse kept secret in football that we agreed with walker before a price was even negotiated, Levy has us by the balls. As a club we pride ourselves on ethics, I just can't see us leaving the lad out to dry and we will inevitably overpay..
But remember who we are dealing with....
darth-vader-birthday-son-i-am-altering-the-deal-pray-i-dont-alter-it-any-further.jpg

Man City have spent a billion dollars on player transfers in the past ten years, but all of a sudden they decide on this particular transfer that they're going to start spending rationally? Nah ah, Levy ain't playing that game.

"As a club we pride ourselves on ethics."

I mean on what planet...?

I can absolutely see us selling Kyle if he wants to go, but City will have to pay through the nose, it really is as simple as that.

He is the best RB in the country by a mile. He has years of premier league experience. It's not often a defender wins young player of the year, which he did some years ago ahead of the likes of Bale and Aguero. That was because he had unparalleled pace and huge potential. We've developed that potential, got rid of his brain farts and he is now in his prime. We are also in an era where FBs are not just defenders, they are attacking players too, so the landscape has changed for what a FB is worth to a team - good FBs really need to be considered in the same bracket as wingers nowadays.

At the end of the day it is supply and demand. They can buy a lesser player for less money if they want to. That's fine by us. Selling Walker would not be devastating for us but we also don't need to do it, and would prefer him to stay. And on top of all that we're talking about selling to a rival here. We'll be challenging for the title again next season and so will City. If they want to weaken us while strengthening them they have to pay top dollar, that way we can negate that impact by buying in who we want to strengthen our team, else it would make no sense for us.

In my opinion Levy will do what Levy does which is sell overpriced, and city will do what they do best which is buy overpriced. But if he stays, great.

Just like VVD Walker has 4 yrs left on his contract.
We hold all the cards.
If we sell to Man City it sends the wrong message imo
He signed the contract improvement/extension when things were on the up. If he or his agent we're working on leaving for a club who'd pay more, shouldn't have done it.

I think he got the arse becuase he never played in the semi final or Woolwich.
Maybe that's all it is. A disagreement about his monitored fitness level or the selection tactic. Yet there was nothing abnormal, he'd been rotated 10 games before.

Ha... no it was more to represent Kyle Walker' s 'reaction' to such pictoral representations of tactical systems...
I'd be surprised if Kyle can draw a square!

I can't remember if it was Kyle or Danny (or both), but I'm sure they were on TV in an interview doing some sort of art that turned out cack

Hilarious, City and football fans in general thinking it was a done deal and we'd bend over backwards because it's the 'Mighty' Man City & Perfect Pep.
If he goes it will be for a monstrous sum, just shows how hard it is to deal with Prem clubs these days.

Saw a quote from Dyche of Burnley say if a club doesn't pay what they deem to be the price of Keane then they would rather let him go for free, because staying in the league is way more valuable.

This summer will be crazier than always
Problem is, (as it always is when we're concerned with Transfers) is that if he goes for an eye-wateringly astronomical figure, the way the Press always seem to depict it, is it's 'cos Levy is a greedy Jew bastard who squeezes every drop of money juice he can get through his grubby little Jewish fingers... That simply isn't fair!

They don't think to portray it that a club with seemingly unlimited Arab oil money is ruining football, by being prepared to wank that kinda disgusting amount cash about for any player... let alone one of Walker's standard!
(I'm not saying he's not worth a decent chunk of cash... but no one is worth £50m ...yes, even the best of the best!) It's FIFTY MILLION POUNDS FFS... that could feed some entire Countries for months!

I wouldn't sell him for anything less than £60mil. We're strengthening a direct rival. Not worth doing unless they pay through the nose and fund some top quality acquisitions of our own. If VVD is worth £60mil then so is Walker!

I fucking LOVE that other clubs shit themselves at the prospect of dealing with Daniel Levy.

"You've been Levied" should be a popular catchphrase!

Levy is a legend just for having that aura.

I mean, you just know that at any negotiations, the other party better bring their own tea and biscuits, or else Levy will charge them a tenner a biscuit!

Back
Top Bottom