Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's because of Judas that the club tells people to keep quiet. Walker would have been told IF he knew there was interest, to keep quiet. That much is obvious. Why would you want to switch the narrative from ''Spurs in title hunt!'' to ''Walker wants out!'' and distract the squad?

You appear to criticise Judas for speaking out on one hand, albeit being a lying piece of shit, whilst criticising Walker for keeping quiet. You don't even know he knew anything in March. At that moment it was all tabloid speculation. Why comment on that?

Criticise Judas where did I do that? I merely offered my opinion why we hate him and Walker in trying to avoid the Judas situation could end up in the exact same boat.
As it stands no one has made an official bid for Walker, Walker has not put in a transfer request and the club have not said he is for sale so in his defence it is all media speculation and we could all be getting our knickers in a twist over nothing.

The devil's advocates will want to play, but surely he's played his last Spurs game.

Didn't he change his Instagram pic recently, replacing the image of him in a Spurs kit to one of him in and England kit? Maybe it was done innocently but, he would have heard all the ManC rumours and been fully aware of how this would have been interpreted.

As for his latest comments, I actually find his "I am an England player now and fully focussed..." more indicative than his "no indication at all" comment.

Shame.

He could say: "I only signed a new contract at Spurs last season, so unless they tell me that they have accepted an offer for me then any stories about me moving are pure speculation, and only if that happens do I have a decision to make."
Which any journo worth his salt will print as "Walker waiting for offers"...

I would have agreed up until the end of March but recently he has not respected us or the club. The only saving grace is that it will require a big transfer fee for him to be allowed to leave.
Fucking hell here we go again. As soon as one of our best players is on the verge of being sold for big bucks we harp on about the player not respecting the club. Bullshit. Who cares about the fucking transfer fee. Chelsea fans can boast the title, Woolwich fans the FA cup, Utd fans european glory. While we get the bragging rights over trsnsfer fees .He's under contract. A contract he signed just 9 months ago. If we sell him to a fucking rival it's scandalous and once again shows us up as a selling club. It's not because Walkers a greedy cunt, it's more the case of the club not pulling the stops out to keep our top players. Fuck the transfer fee. I'd prefer to have the best right back in England thanks

The devil's advocates will want to play, but surely he's played his last Spurs game.

Didn't he change his Instagram pic recently, replacing the image of him in a Spurs kit to one of him in and England kit? Maybe it was done innocently but, he would have heard all the ManC rumours and been fully aware of how this would have been interpreted.

As for his latest comments, I actually find his "I am an England player now and fully focussed..." more indicative than his "no indication at all" comment.

Shame.
He changed it because he's currently playing for England. He's done it before.

I think I saw it on SSN that City had ended their interest in Mendy because Monaco were looking for £40M and then breezily added that the way was now open for Walker instead...so are they expecting Levy to be wanting less than £40M? Good luck with that...

Fucking hell here we go again. As soon as one of our best players is on the verge of being sold for big bucks we harp on about the player not respecting the club. Bullshit. Who cares about the fucking transfer fee. Chelsea fans can boast the title, Woolwich fans the FA cup, Utd fans european glory. While we get the bragging rights over trsnsfer fees .He's under contract. A contract he signed just 9 months ago. If we sell him to a fucking rival it's scandalous and once again shows us up as a selling club. It's not because Walkers a greedy cunt, it's more the case of the club not pulling the stops out to keep our top players. Fuck the transfer fee. I'd prefer to have the best right back in England thanks
You would turn down 50mil for Walker? Considering we have a ready made replacement who has recently replaced him as our 1st choice RB.

Yes I would. We don't have a ready made replacement. He's a good back up. If he's as good as Walker, why aren't city chasing him instead ?.
There's tons of good players City aren't chasing in world football. How good as Spurs player is isn't determined by Manchester City's interest. They aren't chasing Kane, that doesn't mean Kane isn't that good. Trippier is no longer backup, he started more games in the last month of the season than Walker and those games included the semi-final against Chelsea and league games against Woolwich and Manchester United, whilst Walker played against the weaker sides. Think we can safely say Poch believes Trippier is his first choice RB. I love Walker but 50mil to be reinvested in the squad, preferably a creative locksmith further forward is definitely something I can accept. Walker, as good as he is, is 27 and his speed will be going soon. When that does he'll be half the player, as we saw with Aaron Lennon, who equally relied on raw pace. Getting 50mil for a player who imo has 2 years left as elite is decent business, especially when he's already dropping down the pecking order. Certainly doesn't make us a selling club anymore than Madrid are for selling James Rodriguez for example.

£50,000,000 is a ridiculous fee for a full back. Especially one who isn't even the best in the world.

Only negative is strengthening a rival.

Yes I would. We don't have a ready made replacement. He's a good back up. If he's as good as Walker, why aren't city chasing him instead ?.

Why would we consider selling one of our best players to a rival?

I do agree with you, if walker goes to city then I for one can not really dig out the media for overlooking us next season.

Walker and Trippier is what we have now. Trppier + whoever is unlikely to be as good. Therefore we will be weaker in the RB region although we may use the money to strengthen other positions.
I want us to say no deal he is staying.

But, but, but it's a done deal.

Hilarious, City and football fans in general thinking it was a done deal and we'd bend over backwards because it's the 'Mighty' Man City & Perfect Pep.

If he goes it will be for a monstrous sum, just shows how hard it is to deal with Prem clubs these days.

Saw a quote from Dyche of Burnley say if a club doesn't pay what they deem to be the price of Keane then they would rather let him go for free, because staying in the league is way more valuable.

This summer will be crazier than always

I think I saw it on SSN that City had ended their interest in Mendy because Monaco were looking for £40M and then breezily added that the way was now open for Walker instead...so are they expecting Levy to be wanting less than £40M? Good luck with that...
It's amazing. It really is.

I'm as hopeful as anyone that Levy puts his foot down and tells Citeh to do one, but once a player has had his head turned it is very difficult. Do you hold a player against their wishes (especially one who has actually been a good club man over the years), running the risk that they become a bad influence (look at Berahino)? I'm not saying Kyle has had his head turned, but when you add it all up (that video, his social media picture, his non-committal comments) it's beginning to look like he is readying himself for the 'it's not you, it's me' speech.

I am sure that talent retention is a priority for Levy (it is always cheaper to keep your most talented employees than it is to recruit new ones who are as good), moreso than making a quick buck. No man is bigger than the club - heck we let arguably one of the three best players in the world go recently, and we are now in a stronger position to compete for honours than we were then. I don't think reluctantly selling players who want out (and negotiating an astronomical fee in the process) is 'small time': it's business.

Back
Top Bottom