Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I deliberately said high performing individuals, compared to 99 % of the wingbacks in this world he earns a shitload of money, not disagreeing with that. Just don't know how i would react in his position, it's not like he is a lifelong Spurs fan or anything like that.

I think sometimes a player could just sit down for a second and think:

Im happy here, Im a multi millionaire on (eg) 5M a year, Im important to this project, Im loved by the fans.
Maybe I'll stick this out even if someone else is earning 7M a year

Would be nice wouldnt it

Im happy here, Im a multi millionaire on (eg) 5M a year, Im important to this project, Im loved by the fans.

Would be nice wouldnt it
I think some players do think like that, more than we think. But than they have managers, wives, mistresses, parents, family agents, assistants and media everywhere telling them they deserve more etc. Pressure on them is real but i m not saying poor millionaires under all that pressure, just that lots of these guys get dragged into the lifestyle and believe the hype. Greed is a very potent emotion

Would be nice wouldnt it

Let's be honest some players aren't that clever and greed is far more important. Looking at the other sides in the Premier League, our project is certainly the most exciting to join. However if money is the motivating factor then join Utd, City or one of the others that pay £150k. Wouldn't begrudge Walker going abroad and testing himself elsewhere, but pointless from a sporting point of view to stay in this country.

I am not so annoyed with this rumour - If Daniel gets the call from City or Bayern he should just ask Mauricio which young players he rates in their squads and propose a swap + some pocketmoney. City need english players badly I think - and have plenty of good foreign youngsters that are easier to replace.

Would be nice wouldnt it

Maybe Kyle specifically wants to be in a team that is battling for 4th?

He was happy doing it whilst we were in that position, but since we've been battling for 2nd it's just not for him - he'd rather join City and be back where we were a few years back
:walker::sonpoint:

This has all basically started because we rotate our wingbacks (well rose is injured so davies has to play but even then poch picked son over him in the fa cup semi). He's still played once every 2 games just as trippier has, like we've been doing all season (including in the CL). People grasping at straws methinks because we're not that "meh" anymore. Nevertheless, kwp is on the fringes and needs game time so who knows.

I agree... I'm genuinely not worried about Walker leaving... I'm hoping i'm not just being 'blinkered' and living on 'Planet ArseAnal' like some of their fans who stubbornly insist they're not worried about us...

I'm not saying Man £ity and their ilk won't make a bid... they probably will... and even if they don't, SSN/The Sun etc will say they're "thinking about it" ...sorry, "plotting a raid" (Media speak) every single day that the Transfer window is open this Summer... I'm totally prepared for that.

But I honestly don't think anyone (other than a few Youth team squad players that don't make the grade) plus probably Sissoko, possibly Wimmer, and maybe Janssen will leave this Summer.

Aren't Fazio and N'Jie due back this Summer as well?

Will be like two new signi.... oh, hang on...
:clintonohshit:

Would be nice wouldnt it

to a certain degree he could say the same at Sheffield though couldn't he? I am happy here I am a Millionaire (1M a year) and I am at my boyhood team where I am loved, maybe I will stick this out even though someone else is earning 7M a year.

If he genuinely wants to move on then sell him but not to a rival so Bayern would be good

If it's because he's not happy with the amount of starts he must know that he won't be able to pressure Poch so he has to earn it by working hard and from what I hear, in training, he's just not doing enough!

to a certain degree he could say the same at Sheffield though couldn't he? I am happy here I am a Millionaire (1M a year) and I am at my boyhood team where I am loved, maybe I will stick this out even though someone else is earning 7M a year.

Yes he could but maybe he wanted to challenge for a PL title one day and so had a reason to move on

Yes he could but maybe he wanted to challenge for a PL title one day and so had a reason to move on
just playing devils advocate but he may believe he has more chance of winning the PL / CL with the petro money & pep while still getting a great pay rise - I very rarely get upset with players moving on when we have bought from other clubs as their "ambition" moved them to us in the first place rather than staying at their first (normally boyhood) club. Just don't be a prick to force the move, and don't chat shit after the move.

If he genuinely wants to move on then sell him but not to a rival so Bayern would be good

If it's because he's not happy with the amount of starts he must know that he won't be able to pressure Poch so he has to earn it by working hard and from what I hear, in training, he's just not doing enough!

You could argue that next season, Bayern will be a rival (in the CL at least!)

If we really want to make a bold statement to the wider Football world that we don't want to sell him to a direct rival, let him go to ArseAnal!!

:walker:

I think the story is firstly, absolute bollocks.
Secondly, if somehow there is some truth in it, and he really does want to leave, what sort of attitude is that? Being left out of TWO big games in a row and he wants out? It will show his true attitude and I wouldn't be happy to hear it. It's not Sunday league, where if you're on the bench, you can say, "I don't deserve to be on it", leave and then join another team.

At that level, you work even harder to win your place back, have confidence in your own ability and perform when you get the chance again.

It would be sad to think that, but I honestly think it's a load of shit, and if he did go, it would be a HUGE loss, IMO, we need athletic, fast, powerful players in our team and I think he has quite a bit more quality then Trippier too.

if we have to, 2for1... how about selling Kyle Walker for £50M and buying Michail Antonio for £20M and putting the change towards other signings? it may be enough for a Zaha or a Keane?

Would be nice wouldnt it

And you know sometimes players do just that.

Walker is quality and it seems an unnecessary but partially understandable position he may adopt in wanting to earn more for doing the same. I get that part but what I don't get is leaving a club on the up where it is your shirt in best form and where you are part of a nucleus of a group that with the right additions will surely win a trophy in the next year or two.

Whatever he does at City or wherever, Walker is unlikely to gain the fan adulation he gets with the Spurs fans.

And you know sometimes players do just that.

Walker is quality and it seems an unnecessary but partially understandable position he may adopt in wanting to earn more for doing the same. I get that part but what I don't get is leaving a club on the up where it is your shirt in best form and where you are part of a nucleus of a group that with the right additions will surely win a trophy in the next year or two.

Whatever he does at City or wherever, Walker is unlikely to gain the fan adulation he gets with the Spurs fans.
They can't even fill their stadium for their local derby ffs. He'd be just another shiny new toy for the plastics there to look at.

Walker will stay. He's getting to the stage in his career where his earning potential is at its maximum & I genuinely think all the senior players should be due a rise after this season's heroics. Problem solved.

He won't be going to one of our competitors if Levy has any say in it. Given that Levy holds his contract & Poch could ruin his career if he pisses about, I just don't see him leaving us for another team in England . Now I know Kyle ain't the sharpest tool in the box intellectually, but he must know when he's onto a good thing, with a good team around him. Play by the rules & he will remain an important part of our set up. If he doesn't, he is likely to see out his contract in the reserves. Just my thoughts.

Back
Top Bottom