Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If Kyle wants to leave for more money i don't grudge him that. He's given us a lot of his time and sometimes players want that new challenge. If City want him that badly I'd say 40 million plus Iheanacho. Gets us a good young player we probably couldn't buy under normal circumstances and we could easily reinvest that money in either a new RB or cover for Trippier.

But really, for me it all depends what Walker wants and what Poch wants.
And what if Dele wants to leave for more money. Then Kane. Then Rose, Eriksen, Toby, Jan etc....At what point do we say, hang on, we want to keep our top players. Are we a top club. We charge top dollar for our tickets. We have 90,000 seats to sell. If we don't consider ourselves a top club do we want to become one. IMO allowing your best players to leave for more money is not sending the right message out to other players or the fans. Keeping players like Walker is imperative to our future success

And what if Dele wants to leave for more money. Then Kane. Then Rose, Eriksen, Toby, Jan etc....At what point do we say, hang on, we want to keep our top players. Are we a top club. We charge top dollar for our tickets. We have 90,000 seats to sell. If we don't consider ourselves a top club do we want to become one. IMO allowing your best players to leave for more money is not sending the right message out to other players or the fans. Keeping players like Walker is imperative to our future success

I'd rather sell a player than have the Sanchez situation at Woolwich. They're holding onto their top players who want to leave and how has that worked out for them this season? An unhappy player will ruin squad harmony. Without our squad harmony we aren't nearly as strong a team. Why hold a player hostage? Just to send out a message to other players that we don't respect them or their wishes?

Let's hope that Kyle Walker & Toby may yet think that kicking around Wembley next season, then onto the brand new, state-of-the-art 61,000 White Hart Lane isn't the worst scenario to find yourself in at the peak of your career...

I'd like to think they'll hang around long enough to at least start playing in the new stadium!
After all, every member of the current First Team squad has invested enough time and emotion in helping us get there... be a shame to 'jump ship' now doncha think??

I think it has more to do with being left out of the semi final team. What if Vorm had been fit? Like Trippier he had played in all FACup matches. If Vorm had been picked would Lloris be just as upset. I think he would. The players want to win trophies and if they are excluded from a competition we can win then that reduces their chances. Walker should have played in the semi and if that upset Trippier, then we can afford to let him go rather than Walker.

If Walker is sold, it proves one thing.
All these cuddly pictures of Poch with his arm round players as they "commit there future to the club till 2021" or whatever are nothing but profiteering publicity bullshit.
Come on Spurs. It's time to start acting like a big club. Prove my scepticism unfounded and make sure our world class players like Walker WANT to stay at Spurs

did you think that those pics were anything but publicity bullshit?
its why they take them and put them out. you know, publicity.

as for making him want to stay, he may want to. but we know how Pochettino works once he thinks a player has become disruptive (remember, this story is based around walker throwing his toys out of the pram cos he didnt start at wembley). he shows them the door.that walker has played since them suggests it may not be true. the story is being pushed by a man city supporting journo and a gooner that writes for the Mirror. one who has a twatter tow claiming that Ozil is world class cos he won a world cup. which is nonsense.

Dont get me wrong..Walker may have decided he wants out. It may be over not starting. it may be over city offering 5 times what he currently earns. Either way, Im happy of we get rid. the contract length means its on our terms, not his

they've made some pretty good decisions to date (well in recent years), Most still aren't convinced by Sissoko however that might be more of a business purchase. I'm gonna relax and trust they are on the same page about this. If Poch is happy and on the same page as Levy we should be ok.

What I find unforgivable in all this (and it sounds as though there is some weight to it) is the fact he's had his head turned and apparently expressed that to Poch or Levy at this stage if the season.

We all know he's not the brightest but we are in the middle of a title race! If he's copped and wants to leave because he's sat out a couple of big games recently or simply he's had his head turned by speculation be a fucking professional!

He doesn't come out of this well whichever it is.

Last edited:
What I find unforgivable in all this (and it sounds as though there is some weight to it) is the fact he's had his head turned and apparently expressed that to Poch or Levy at this stage if the season.

We all know he's not the brightest but we are in the middle of a title race! If he's copped and wants to leave because he's sat out a couple of big games recently or simply he's had his head turned by speculation be a fucking professional!

He doesn't come out of this well whichever it is.
What has he done and what has he said?

What has he done and what has he said?
The implication is he's said he wants to leave the club. Which if true is a ridiculous thing to do at this moment in time.

Obviously this is hearsay but listening to The Tottenham Way podcast some of the hosts, who have jobs in the media, have said that they believe, considering some of the sources, that there is some truth in it.

This is really all too much.. nothing but journo lies.. why are so many of you getting so caught up in it.

He starts on Friday

The implication is he's said he wants to leave the club. Which if true is a ridiculous thing to do at this moment in time.

Obviously this is hearsay but listening to The Tottenham Way podcast some of the hosts, who have jobs in the media, have said that they believe, considering some of the sources, that there is some truth in it.
Another club wants to buy him and pay him double, may be even triple his wages and you call him out because of this. There may well be truth in it, I think there is and have stated such previously but why call out the player on it? He is being managed by Poch, either because he isn't fit to play two games in succession (mentally/physically) or because Poch has dropped him as part of the process connected to an approach. Just don't get why this is Walkers fault, and as I said, what has Walker actually said and done? Being upset because he didn't play in FA Cup semi and against Woolwich is exactly what you would expect a player to be upset about, I bet Onomah is pissed he didn't play too just as every single player who didn't play is. That's what I'd expect and want.

From the Evening Standard:
"Walker is one of the best right-backs in the Premier League, and working under Pep Guardiola at the Etihad Stadium is only going to make him a better player."

:deledoubt:

:eriksenlol:

What. absolute. shit.

If City are really interested - then I expect Levy to make their lives hell over this, he will want to leave them really reluctant to ever come back for another player.
Bottom line is if Citeh want him he will cost double is market value. Manure wanted Bale and out bid Madrid, he still went to Madrid.

Walker and his agent have to tread a tightrope here, if he wants out then we all know Poch will simply say bye, give us your keycard and thank you for your efforts, can you please park in the other car park please. Players know they need to be onboard if not you are done, he will also know this as we have done it with many players already (all be it not in Walkers league) the rules are set, they are never broken or twisted or bent. I would also expect player pressure too, this is a tight group and maybe others will endorse this ethic. Walker's agent will also know that Spurs will resist selling to a direct rival, so Walker is looking at life in Europe. If Citeh want him he will be double his worth.

The deck is firmly in our favour.

From the Evening Standard:
"Walker is one of the best right-backs in the Premier League, and working under Pep Guardiola at the Etihad Stadium is only going to make him a better player."

:deledoubt:

:eriksenlol:

What. absolute. shit.
Yep, trying to think of one player that has improved under Pep this season. At a push it's Yaya, but his improvement is relative to last years when he was garbage. I would have said Sterling who was looking good 3 months ago but has now gone backwards. Final squeeze is Navas, he has improved but he ain't all that, wouldn't get in our first 11.

This is really all too much.. nothing but journo lies.. why are so many of you getting so caught up in it.

He starts on Friday

Exactly, take a break everyone seriously

Who is more foolish the fool or the fool that follows them?

West Ham tomorrow, that's reality COYS

Another club wants to buy him and pay him double, may be even triple his wages and you call him out because of this. There may well be truth in it, I think there is and have stated such previously but why call out the player on it? He is being managed by Poch, either because he isn't fit to play two games in succession (mentally/physically) or because Poch has dropped him as part of the process connected to an approach. Just don't get why this is Walkers fault, and as I said, what has Walker actually said and done? Being upset because he didn't play in FA Cup semi and against Woolwich is exactly what you would expect a player to be upset about, I bet Onomah is pissed he didn't play too just as every single player who didn't play is. That's what I'd expect and want.
Think I answered ur question in my previous reply.

My point is we aren't in a transfer window. We have just 4 games left in the season and we are in a title race.

If he's causing any waves behind the scenes as is being suggested then he's an idiot as is being highly unprofessional.

It sounds as though you are saying he's justified to be kicking off if he's been offer double his wages? In the summer sure, who could blame him. But now? No way!

Bottom line is if Citeh want him he will cost double is market value. Manure wanted Bale and out bid Madrid, he still went to Madrid.

Walker and his agent have to tread a tightrope here, if he wants out then we all know Poch will simply say bye, give us your keycard and thank you for your efforts, can you please park in the other car park please. Players know they need to be onboard if not you are done, he will also know this as we have done it with many players already (all be it not in Walkers league) the rules are set, they are never broken or twisted or bent. I would also expect player pressure too, this is a tight group and maybe others will endorse this ethic. Walker's agent will also know that Spurs will resist selling to a direct rival, so Walker is looking at life in Europe. If Citeh want him he will be double his worth.

The deck is firmly in our favour.

If City offer £70 million (and let's be honest that is not beyond happening with them or today's market and also having Levy in charge) that pretty much funds our summer transfer budget.

Back
Top Bottom