Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Think I answered ur question in my previous reply.

My point is we aren't in a transfer window. We have just 4 games left in the season and we are in a title race.

If he's causing any waves behind the scenes as is being suggested then he's an idiot as is being highly unprofessional.

It sounds as though you are saying he's justified to be kicking off if he's been offer double his wages? In the summer sure, who could blame him. But now? No way!
It can take a year to buy a player, it's an absolute myth that you wait for a window to officially open, it's a 24/7 business, every club is working every day in buying and selling players.

He hasn't "kicked off". It's not his fault if another club want to double/triple his wages. This is very normal, it's not unprofessional. Unprofessional is Bale, Modric refusing to train, downing tools to push a move through. How is being upset for being dropped in our biggest game of the year unprofessional? Because this is the ONLY thing/action that has been attributed to him. I'd say it proves the complete opposite what your are claiming.

If City offer £70 million (and let's be honest that is not beyond happening with them or today's market and also having Levy in charge) that pretty much funds our summer transfer budget.
There are also 20 fullbacks that we could also buy in as well that within a season or so will be at walkers level.

NOTE: I love Walker, I want him to stay.
But I also know it ain't the end of the world. The end of the World is when we sell serval players. But Poch is our man, Poch has us set-up to win games, Poch still has us winning with Davies and Trippier as our current FB's. (and by now every on here knows what I think of these two, especially Trips).

One thing is for sure, if he does go he has 4 years left on his contract and is no doubt one of, if not the best RB in the league, we're gonna get shit loads for him.

Main thing is we invest well. Our sales roughly.

Sissoko £15 million
Bentaleb £17 million
Walker £60 million
Nkouduo £10 million
Wimmer £10 million

That's over £100 million potentially of incoming cash. Our reported targets are:

Sire: £20 million
Miguire: £15 million
Barkley: £20 million (only one year left on contract)
Zaha: £40 million
Sessengnon: £20 million

That's just over £100 million as well so in theory we can cover that is if the targets are true.

It can take a year to buy a player, it's an absolute myth that you wait for a window to officially open, it's a 24/7 business, every club is working every day in buying and selling players.

He hasn't "kicked off". It's not his fault if another club want to double/triple his wages. This is very normal, it's not unprofessional. Unprofessional is Bale, Modric refusing to train, downing tools to push a move through. How is being upset for being dropped in our biggest game of the year unprofessional? Because this is the ONLY thing/action that has been attributed to him. I'd say it proves the complete opposite what your are claiming.

With Fergie he used to plan for teams 2-3 years in advance so there was constant movement. Any player that created 'negative vibes' such as moaning or wanting out was gone, it was ruthless and the likes of Stam and Beckham got booted.

I do kind of wonder if a lot of this blueprint will be used for us, Walker wants our, ok bye bye, collect £60-70 mil. Dele wants out ok collect £150 million. Have a list of targets prepared sometimes years in advance and keep the team rolling over removing anyone thought of as negative. This is obviously ruthless but Poch has been ruthless removing deadwood players when he first came so I do wonder if this is the next step.

No player bigger than the manager or club. You have to want to stay and want to fight to remain.

I've not said he's unprofessional for being upset about missing those games. (Perhaps my first post may have read like that but it's not what I meant) The suggestion is he's missed those games BECAUSE his head has been turned.

We're dealing in rumours here and all I'm saying is IF it's true that he has missed games because Poch feels his heads not right then it's unprofessional. It's not like we're in a window where he can move tomorrow. He's going nowhere until the season finishes so he shouldn't be allowing any speculation or contact to distract him.

But as I said IF.

There are also 20 fullbacks that we could also buy in as well that within a season or so will be at walkers level.

NOTE: I love Walker, I want him to stay.
But I also know it ain't the end of the world. The end of the World is when we sell serval players. But Poch is our man, Poch has us set-up to win games, Poch still has us winning with Davies and Trippier as our current FB's. (and by now every on here knows what I think of these two, especially Trips).

Poch also makes full backs look good, Luke Shaw best FB in Prem under Poch, Danny Rose a mess under AVB, now it's the reverse.

Any full back coming here knows that is the position Poch improves the most in terms of performance.

With Fergie he used to plan for teams 2-3 years in advance so there was constant movement. Any player that created 'negative vibes' such as moaning or wanting out was gone, it was ruthless and the likes of Stam and Beckham got booted.

I do kind of wonder if a lot of this blueprint will be used for us, Walker wants our, ok bye bye, collect £60-70 mil. Dele wants out ok collect £150 million. Have a list of targets prepared sometimes years in advance and keep the team rolling over removing anyone thought of as negative. This is obviously ruthless but Poch has been ruthless removing deadwood players when he first came so I do wonder if this is the next step.

No player bigger than the manager or club. You have to want to stay and want to fight to remain.
Yep.

The unknown is how we/he will deal with first team players. Piece of piss with a fringe players or a player braking a code (Townsend/Bentaleb).

I've not said he's unprofessional for being upset about missing those games. (Perhaps my first post may have read like that but it's not what I meant) The suggestion is he's missed those games BECAUSE his head has been turned.

We're dealing in rumours here and all I'm saying is IF it's true that he has missed games because Poch feels his heads not right then it's unprofessional. It's not like we're in a window where he can move tomorrow. He's going nowhere until the season finishes so he shouldn't be allowing any speculation or contact to distract him.

But as I said IF.
But again Walker didn't put himself on the bench, Poch did. He wants to play, he was apparently upset he didn't play. How is this Walker being unprofessional? What am I missing?

Yep.

The unknown is how we/he will deal with first team players. Piece of piss with a fringe players or a player braking a code (Townsend/Bentaleb).

Poch had the meeting with Fergie and I bet this was discussed. Fergie proved every player can be replaced, you lose a Kane or Dele but get £120-150 million and buy Bernardo Silva, Lemar and Moussa Dembele and you are stronger than before. That's what Fergie would do.

Obviously that depends on keeping our best players on long term deals to maximise selling price so we can buy ourselves even stronger than before but we have Levy so that is kind of sorted anyway.

Poch also makes full backs look good, Luke Shaw best FB in Prem under Poch, Danny Rose a mess under AVB, now it's the reverse.

Any full back coming here knows that is the position Poch improves the most in terms of performance.
Not just FB's. Every position, Lambert in attack, Schniderlin DM, Lovren & Font CB's. He's magic you know.

Poch had the meeting with Fergie and I bet this was discussed. Fergie proved every player can be replaced, you lose a Kane or Dele but get £120-150 million and buy Bernardo Silva, Lemar and Moussa Dembele and you are stronger than before. That's what Fergie would do.

Obviously that depends on keeping our best players on long term deals to maximise selling price so we can buy ourselves even stronger than before but we have Levy so that is kind of sorted anyway.
Key perhaps is not making mistakes and as brilliant as Fergie was he did make some mistakes on some of those players e.g. Veron, Stam also he did make an extraordinary decision to not treating Cantona the same as other players, any other player would have been out of the door.

Expect Poch to be asked at today's press conference. If Walker does not play tomorrow then I think he is gone possibly with Poch's blessing. I hope he plays.

Yep, trying to think of one player that has improved under Pep this season. At a push it's Yaya, but his improvement is relative to last years when he was garbage. I would have said Sterling who was looking good 3 months ago but has now gone backwards. Final squeeze is Navas, he has improved but he ain't all that, wouldn't get in our first 11.
It's a fallacy.
If you want to mention a manager who improves players, look no further than Poch.
With his resources, Pep should be neck & neck with the Chavs. Not unable to catch them
What Poch has done is incredible.
I struggle to see what the fuss is around Guardiola. When he was winning things, he was managing in less physical & competitive leagues, with unlimited resources. I think he's no more than a 6/10 this year.

It's a fallacy.
If you want to mention a manager who improves players, look no further than Poch.
With his resources, Pep should be neck & neck with the Chavs. Not unable to catch them
What Poch has done is incredible.
I struggle to see what the fuss is around Guardiola. When he was winning things, he was managing in less physical & competitive leagues, with unlimited resources. I think he's no more than a 6/10 this year.
I still think Guardiola is a very good manager. Worried about them next year. That said for someone of his reputation, with the squad at his disposal, the fact that he had a year to personally prepare and having his old Barca palls already at the club putting things in place before his arrival, he has massively under performed this year. They should at least be with us pushing Chelsea.

I still think Guardiola is a very good manager. Worried about them next year. That said for someone of his reputation, with the squad at his disposal, the fact that he had a year to personally prepare and having his old Barca palls already at the club putting things in place before his arrival, he has massively under performed this year. They should at least be with us pushing Chelsea.
Not disputing his past qualities but I still think he was quickly found out after a blistering start.
I just don't think he's in the same class as our man.
Something I never thought I'd say that when we were linked with him, but he is showing himself to be one of the best in the world.

His development of players is exceptional which is why i take particular offence at that load of bollocks in the Standard.

I think Walker would regress to being a functional, error prone speed machine if you take away Poch's magic influence. I may be wrong, but he just seems to fit in perfectly with Poch's guidance.

It's a nothing story. He has trained with the group. Without any problems...
That is what he's paid to do.
If he's trained properly, he will be in contention for a starting role, or on the bench.
If there was a problem, he'd have been training with the kids. We know that's how Poch works if a player isn't up to scratch.
Not sure what the "news" is here.

Not disputing his past qualities but I still think he was quickly found out after a blistering start.
I just don't think he's in the same class as our man.
Something I never thought I'd say that when we were linked with him, but he is showing himself to be one of the best in the world.

His development of players is exceptional which is why i take particular offence at that load of bollocks in the Standard.

I think Walker would regress to being a functional, error prone speed machine if you take away Poch's magic influence. I may be wrong, but he just seems to fit in perfectly with Poch's guidance.
I still think Walker would do well under Pep, just as Alves did. I was a fan of Walker before Poch arrived, he's a very good player. Like many players at this level the difference in their game is in their head more than what they posses with their feet. Poch has provided a system for the team, which when everyone fulfils their roles it becomes a formidable unit. This in turn feeds confidence to the players as individuals and a snowball effect is then created. Walkers performances for England would also bare out he takes this confidence into those games (away from Poch).

The challenge for any player under Guardiola as I see it would be he is not formulaic. He changes individuals roles and responsibilities often. This puts big demands on his players.

Back
Top Bottom