Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Much has been said about his performance on Friday, but I remember two through passes that were seriously silky from him vs West Ham. Overall though, not so much.

Will be exciting to see how this unfolds..
Exciting is not the word I would use. I will be relieved if he stays and pissed off if he goes. The least amount of changes to the first team is the best outcome. We normally start the season badly after changes to the team. This season that was not the case as the new players with the exception of Wanyama did not regularily start. Stability is the key and we have enough disruption with new grounds over the next 2 years and need to keep the same Manager and players together as much as possible.

He proved his worth coming on and tackling Martial off the ball in their first 1 v 1. Trippier was vulnerable defensively all match (including getting roasted for the goal)
If KW goes, need a first choice replacement

If he does go I will be gutted, but obviously apart from money why would he want to move to another English club?
Granted before players have left us because they had a better chance of winning the league else where etc, but we have the best youngest first 11 in the country, to think he has a better chance of trophies else where in the PL is foolish.......

Walker is a better defender than Trippier in every parameter but the crossing and chance creation (and trippier is a very good defender by his own right).

I hope he stays, but if he goes I then no we could cope. Davies and a Trippier stepping in and helping us squeeze a beautiful run shows that as a team we can cope, it will be harder but they can step in.

Trippier's defending for their goal was very naive - I don't think he's the required level to be 1st choice right back if Walker does leave, which looks likely......he even did the whole lurking at the back of the walk around the pitch that I've seen from Modric, Bale, etc before

If he does go I will be gutted, but obviously apart from money why would he want to move to another English club?
Granted before players have left us because they had a better chance of winning the league else where etc, but we have the best youngest first 11 in the country, to think he has a better chance of trophies else where in the PL is foolish.......
Absolutely correct. Plus a season playing at wembley & the thought of being part of a project that sees us in our new stadium. A move away to another English club could only really be about the money.

He's superior to Trippier physically & defensively. I'd hate to see him leave.

Give the lad a pay bump and hope that keeps him sweet.... As above any inter-EPL move could only be about money at this point.

Absolutely correct. Plus a season playing at wembley & the thought of being part of a project that sees us in our new stadium. A move away to another English club could only really be about the money.

He's superior to Trippier physically & defensively. I'd hate to see him leave.

I think trippier has improved this season and in some ways is better then walker. Walker has more strength and pace but trippier has better sense of positioning and can cross better

I think trippier has improved this season and in some ways is better then walker. Walker has more strength and pace but trippier has better sense of positioning and can cross better
Walker will suit Wembley better I think because he's more able to do the power running required in Poch's system. Wouldn't want to try to replace either of them though. It's very much a squad game these days & I see both having a huge role for us.

Sends the wrong message to the team. People are rewarded on merit not on demands and threats to leave if they don't get what they want.

Theoretically, I don't disagree, but there's nothing but rumour at play thus far...

I'm just taking things on face value.... We currently 'underpay' him. If we want him to stay at least offer him as much as we can afford to pay rather than lose him to petty brinkmanship.

If his head has been turned by triple money then he's gone. End of.

Let's not ne too eager to cunt the guy off... It's only right he negotiates hard for himself, financually speaking...

As long as he conducts himself the right way then there should be no beef... He's been a loyal servant and coulda easily bailed for money when things got shitty a few years ago but he didn't.

As for "merit".... Shouldn't the best RB in the league merit a wage that reflects such status?

Walker will suit Wembley better I think because he's more able to do the power running required in Poch's system. Wouldn't want to try to replace either of them though. It's very much a squad game these days & I see both having a huge role for us.

If he wants to go there is nothing we can do, I just hope we aren't left in a predicament where we sell him towards the end of the transfer window and only have Trippier as a wing back.

Back
Top Bottom