Kyle Walker

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Walker and his IQ vs Poch tactics and coaching.
mmmm......
I bet KW would rather Harry be managing. Just get out there and run around a bit, have fun.

So yeh Paul Mitchell you have some work to do.
Are you suggesting we need a new first choice right back? There is no available right back we could find near Walker's level in my opinion.

Zabaleta and Coleman are the only two better in the league for me; Walker was extremely solid last year and was our best player after Lloris, Ade and Eriksen in my opinion.

He's just come back from a huge setback and up until this game has been very good considering the lay-off. He may be a bit :walker: but high tempo, pressing and an offside trap is hardly rocket science.

One of the first names on the team sheet for me and he'll only get better.

Last edited:
He's one of our best 3 or 4 players. He's been out for 9 months and Zaha came on for the last 15 mins full of energy when Walker was probably most vulnerable. I think I can forgive him............

Poor mistake by Walker vs Zaha, but that shit happens to everyone on occasion including our fine keeper (see Stamford Bridge). In the end, Spurs are much better team with Walker in the s11

Poor mistake by Walker vs Zaha, but that shit happens to everyone on occasion including our fine keeper (see Stamford Bridge). In the end, Spurs are much better team with Walker in the s11
100% agree + its unfair to blame him for the Zaha screw up when he kept being got at 1 v 1 with no support from the other Spurs players.

How fucking brilliant is this guy! I worshipped Stevie Carr, but Walker is another level. Best right back I've ever seen for Spurs, TBH I haven't seen many better in the world. Superhuman pace, built like a middleweight boxer, a real desire to win. Now that he has a developed a defensive mindset he has to be the first outfield name on the team sheet. Legend

Love Walker but he needs to get the cross in earlier, imv - great pace to beat his man, then holds on for too long and gets closed down / forced to pass back

How fucking brilliant is this guy! I worshipped Stevie Carr, but Walker is another level. Best right back I've ever seen for Spurs, TBH I haven't seen many better in the world. Superhuman pace, built like a middleweight boxer, a real desire to win. Now that he has a developed a defensive mindset he has to be the first outfield name on the team sheet. Legend
He's good, but he has still much to learn. Positionally especially, gets bailed out by his pace a lot. Not sure he's quite as good as Carr yet, potential to be better though.

He's good, but he has still much to learn. Positionally especially, gets bailed out by his pace a lot. Not sure he's quite as good as Carr yet, potential to be better though.
I think he is aware that he has the pace so can give an attacker a yard or two. I just watched the Woolwich game again and his performance was faultless. The brilliant thing is that you're correct, he still has room for improvement, seeing as he is 24, which is very young for a full-back. Absolute legend and deserves a lot more love from the terraces, especially considering the abuse he took in past, including from me

Love Walker but he needs to get the cross in earlier, imv - great pace to beat his man, then holds on for too long and gets closed down / forced to pass back
Since he came back from injury he seems to be a bit smarter with the ball, he isnt always looking to get to the corner flag, but is cutting in a lot more. What good coaching does for you hey.

At least link what to what you're talking about.

:avbcringe:

Kyle Walker on Manchester United wishlist as Louis van Gaal eyes summer move for Tottenham right back
  • Kyle Walker on Manchester United's list of potential defensive targets
  • Louis van Gaal wants to sign a right back and centre back in summer
  • Tottenham will demand at least £20million for the England defender
By SIMON JONES FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 19:20, 18 February 2015 | UPDATED: 00:16, 19 February 2015

678shares

Manchester United have added Tottenham's Kyle Walker to their list of potential defensive targets for the summer.

The 24-year-old has four years left on contract and recently returned from nine months out with a pelvic injury.

258D8F0400000578-0-image-a-5_1424286328462.jpg

+5
Manchester United are keeping a close eye on Tottenham and England defender Kyle Walker

Walker has already shown glimpses of the form that earned him recognition with England and United are monitoring his performances. Tottenham would be reluctant to sell and would demand at least £20million.

Manchester United have also considered Nathaniel Clyne at Southampton and Everton's Seamus Coleman while Dani Alves of Barcelona has been offered as he has yet to agree new terms and is free in the summer.

Louis van Gaal wants a right-back, centre-back, midfielder, a winger and a striker to bolster his squad in the summer.

I think he is aware that he has the pace so can give an attacker a yard or two. I just watched the Woolwich game again and his performance was faultless. The brilliant thing is that you're correct, he still has room for improvement, seeing as he is 24, which is very young for a full-back. Absolute legend and deserves a lot more love from the terraces, especially considering the abuse he took in past, including from me
This is all fine but he is he a better defender than Kaboul?

Back
Top Bottom