Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We started the season thinking we had 3 good strong CM in Dier, Dembele & Wanyama. None of them are available as a good option and we should have replaced Dembele with someone strong in that position in January. Winks and Sissoko are playing better than expected but that partnership is nowhere near as good as Dembele with Dier or Wanyama. Putting Eriksen or Dele back there is not the answer and Skipp is not ready. That is the heart of the problem.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

Look here fella, a bit of on line banter is one thing.
But insinuating a fellow poster whom you've never met and know nothing about may be kiddie fiddling child molester is really scraping the barrel of depravity.
As a father of 3, you appall me.

No doubt a couple of predictables while give you the funny rating you crave, but I'm sure the vast majority will see you and your vomit inducing parading for what it is.

As I said last night, a new low.

That was extremely painful.

Worst part is that, regrettably, I reckon I'm done with this forum... for a while at least.

I've seen an influx of new posters, the most positive thing of which i can say is that I'm glad they are frothing their drivel on their keyboards rather than at the games, because they would turn the atmosphere toxic.

7 years I've been posting here for and in that time, give or take, this is overall the best team we've had. But currently this is the worst and most negative the forum has been.

There is no mutual love anymore just bile, egotism and relentless negativity.

RIP TFC

Still, it's all about the new stadium, we can't hope to compete until yadda yadda yadda...

Let's not forget if Arsen*l turn us over on Saturday they'll be a point behind us. Yet some fancy-bearded kale-bothering cunt thought it would be #TOPBANTZ to put "Mind the Gap" in the tiles in front of the urinals in the posh khazis.

We do it to ourselves we do. Us and no one else

Last edited:
Some spot on comments on here. Most notably we are badly missing dembele. That power and guile. Having said that I said weeks ago, the midfield has to do far too much running in such a narrow formation. We don't play with any pace or width and it's looking very AVB slow football. We don't start games well enough, lacking intensity, then it becomes difficult to go threw the gears. Is anybody else worried about the intensity this season? We use to be a hard press running team.

If you're disillusioned by Spurs being 3rd in the Premier League, 3-0 up in a Champions League last 16 tie because Spurs have lost two games in a row after winning four in a row...

...take a long hard look in the mirror and give yourself a slap.

When did our fanbase get so fucking entitled?

Acting like them lot down the road.

People are entitled to be concerned mate, the manner of the performances have been very concerning, Burnley we lacked heart and desire and Poch said that, he has even said this week that it could be 5-10 years before we win anything, that’s how disappointed he was with our mentality.

And then the response to that from our team was that performance tonight, which again, lacked desire or passion and was frankly, shit, especially against a team that are having massive issues behind the scenes, we didn’t show any fight or belief.

That’s why people are worried, the Dortmund result means fuck all now, it was great on the night but football is a results business and if we fail to secure CL football in our new stadium will you be sitting here thinking about how great it was to beat Dortmund 3-0? Or will you be thinking “How the fuck did we manage to blow a 10+ point lead to throw away CL football?”

Not saying it’s going to happen, we might end up winning every remaining game but it has to be said, we are in a really risky position, we still have Woolwich, City and Pool to play, those three games alone could completely evaporate our lead and take us out of the CL spots.

In other words, I think people’s concerns are justified and us having a good season to this point or this being the best spurs side in years doesn’t mean that concern isn’t valid, the two things shouldn’t be related, you can acknowledge how good we have been whilst still being worried about the current state of things imo.

When was the last time you didn't blame a loss on Daniel Levy or Joe Lewis?
What a typically dumb question from the our resident court jester, Spursdem

giphy.gif

Nobody blames Levy or Lewis for any individual defeat. Levy didn't play a misplaced back pass past a hapless Joe Lewis in goal, did he?

But the fact is the pair of them have overseen the longest period of under investment in the football team which coincides with our annual position of serial bridesmaids.
And every defeat, every poor performance, every capitulation , is a reminder that had we improved the team, signed a player or two, freshened things up etc...things could have been so much better.

Either the manager ain't good enough to take this team the distance. Or the team / squad aint good / strong enough.

And if the team aint strong enough then, yeah, it's down to ENIC and their lack of investment.

Last edited:
I dunno about that man tbh, you have fans of all generations who have been to european cup finals and won and they have the feelgood factor at anfield under the lights because of their rich history winning trophies. Our fans don't have that experience bar a few who were at a eufa cup win 35 years ago.
It makes a huge difference.

Then our fans are shit. Im sorry.

Back the team. Regardless. We just lost two in a row? Right, that's in the past. We are back to being one of the best teams in the league now and we are going to smash Woolwich.

That's the mentality we should have. We are better than them. Let's show it. Let our fans show it too. No fucking groans when certain players get the ball. No fucking groans when we are passing at the back. We are better than that.

This negative "spursy" , "bottled it again" part of our fan base is a joke. And if you don't think that ebbs it's way down to the squad, I don't know what to tell you.

Some of this fan base almost take pride in losing, so they can tell everyone "I told you so" regarding lack of signings, team not being good enough, Pochs not good enough etc - you don't see then when we win games. Love it when we lose though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom