Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

how dare you, you fucking melt go support another club. here i'll help you Log in | Bluemoon MCFC | The leading Manchester City forum

My critique comes from heartless gutless performances at the crunch end of the season.
Not at the end of a summer transfer window before a ball is kicked.

I judge the season, I don’t predict it and slag the club off before they’ve done something wrong.
That’s the difference Dane. Still think Eriksen is irreplaceable? Lol

Today was an absolute embarrassment.
Davies and Trippier were terrible.
Sissoko looked so inept again.
The subs didn't make sense.
Eriksen under-performed massively.

I never really thought we were in it for a serious title challenge, but, damn, we really need to get it together and grab some points from this next game to avoid a complete mid-season collapse! This next game is huge!
Eriksen looking like a man with his mind elsewhere can't really blame him I suppose when he has the chance to win stuff as it isn't going to happen here.

Woke up still fuming that we could put in such a piss poor performance in such an important game this time of the season..
Totally inexcusable and the players owe us one which could be rectified by a thrashing of Woolwich.

If any midfielder gets blame for their opener it's Eriksen.

He didn't press the man so Davies had to do it for him which then meant he couldn't track Pedro, which then meant Toby had to go across and he let Pedro step in far too easily, which is likely because he's playing on his weaker side.

Pure toilet tonight from Eriksen. It was basically us playing with 10 men.

Nine. Kane did fuck all as well.

How the first team gets by without you is a miracle, give Dan a ring - I bet he'd love to have an expert like you on board.
Send him the next set of winning lottery numbers and then he'll know you can see the future, plus it'll give you a few million for players.
Thanks for the compliment. Truly appreciate it

Not sure the line up was the problem the team look to have lost something confidence, momentum didn't even have a shot on target woeful.
Lamela is useless doesn't bring anything to the team anymore, Lucas was a better choice. Should've started with Rose not buying that he can't play 2 games in a row. Chelsea just played 120 fucking minutes 2 days ago you couldn't even tell

Lamela is useless doesn't bring anything to the team anymore, Lucas was a better choice. Should've started with Rose not buying that he can't play 2 games in a row. Chelsea just played 120 fucking minutes 2 days ago you couldn't even tell
Yes I know fucking embarrassing isn't it still NLD Saturday I will go to the game with hope that we can't lose 3 in a week or can we.
:pochfacepalm::levyeyes:

Lamela was by a million miles our best player. He won plenty of tackles, held up the ball and played some slick passes. Offered much more than any of our other midfielders.

There is a reason why Lucas has fallen way down the pecking order as the season has gone on, he really isn’t that good. At best he’s slightly better version of Andros Townsend. I would be surprised if he is still here next season.

When was the last time you didn't blame a loss on Daniel Levy or Joe Lewis?
What a typically dumb question from the our resident court jester, Spursdem

giphy.gif

Nobody blames Levy or Lewis for any individual defeat. Levy didn't play a misplaced back pass past a hapless Joe Lewis in goal, did he?

But the fact is the pair of them have overseen the longest period of under investment in the football team which coincides with our annual position of serial bridesmaids.
And every defeat, every poor performance, every capitulation , is a reminder that had we improved the team, signed a player or two, freshened things up etc...things could have been so much better.

Either the manager ain't good enough to take this team the distance. Or the team / squad aint good / strong enough.

And if the team aint strong enough then, yeah, it's down to ENIC and their lack of investment.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom