Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should have gave one of the loyal fans who went today that post on here the chance to get back and do the match thread, but bugger that, i'm gonna do it.
Didn't want any Mighty Tottenham/Spurs on the thread title or put us down as home when we're away.

-----------------------------------------Lloris-----------------------------------------
-------------------Sanchez------Alderweireld------Vertonghen-----------------
----Trippier----------------Sissoko----------Dier---------------------Rose--------
---------------------------Eriksen----------------Son-------------------------------
------------------------------------------Kane------------------------------------------

2-1 win (Kane & Eriksen).

Not confident on todays showing.

We have Hazard against Trippier to look forward to. Absolutely no way Rose plays either, as he can't play 2 games in a week, so we're likely to get Vertonghen at left back.

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen
Lucas - Kane - Son
Think we're finally getting our first draw.

1-1

So the only way to 90 minutes of torture is for City to hammer them again

I’m pretty confident we’ll win this, because that just what Spurs do. Leave you wondering what if.

We could win this 5-0 or simply lose 1-0 from an own goal, that's spurs for you. But given Chelsea play a cup final on Sunday and we play them 3 days later, the excuses for not turning up will be limited.

Not confident on todays showing.

We have Hazard against Trippier to look forward to. Absolutely no way Rose plays either, as he can't play 2 games in a week, so we're likely to get Vertonghen at left back.

Lloris
Trippier - Sanchez - Alderweireld - Vertonghen
Sissoko - Winks - Eriksen
Lucas - Kane - Son
Think we're finally getting our first draw.

1-1
I feel weirdly confident because I know our squad will turn up for this game. Palpable hatred for Chelsea from our players based on recent showings.

Bizarrely, I could see us playing better with the talk of the title once again quashed. Today felt a bit Wolves-performance-y and we followed up that game pretty strongly. As others have said, we seem to actually perform worse after an extended break between matches so the idea of a Chelsea-Woolwich-Dortmund three parter in the space of a week is exciting (and a bit terrifying).

Poch (and certain members of the squad) will be absolutely fuming right now, and I can't think of a better team for them to take that anger out on.

Don't know what kind of result tomorrow in the cup final would best suit us. A Man City win in extra time would be ideal, of course.

I trust Poch will resist the temptation to express his anger with hard training. Don't know what to expect from Chelski except that they are capable of being good, and also not worthy of League 2. I'll make it 1-2 Spurs.

Idk what to say, Chavs are shit atm but I suspect they will be up for this game. I’m sure we’ll play better than today and or I see another defeat here.

Last edited:
Honestly my most hated fixture this Stamford bridge away. Never confident against this lot no matter how shite they are because 9 times out of 10 they always turn up against us. Yes we got a great win there last season to break the hoodoo, but our record at the bridge is honestly horrendous. Our cup exit on penalties summed our luck there up in a nutshell. I see a draw at best, but wouldn’t surprise me in the slightest if we lose this game.

Chelsea have got players that can turn it up, but they are all over the place and have that match against City. As for us, really no excuses for the players to not be motivated but can they click and find that tempo and rhythm?

4-4 draw, I think.

Hard one to call. Depends which Spurs and Scum turn up...Of course we have a shite record there. I'd take a draw right now tbh, but think the 3 points are there if we fucking show willing unlike today!

Chelsea in the last few years always seemed to turn it up several levels when we rock up to their spot, perhaps the battle at the bridge of a couple of years back has brought a serious weight to this fixture for them, this will be a tough match but I have huge faith the squad can bounce back and display their unquestionable steel and talent.

2-1 Kane and Eriksen

I love beating teams 5-0 and watching Spurs play glorious football. But in the next 2 games I don’t care about that. I want to win by the skankiest goal imaginable, like a last minute deflected cross going in off Sissoko’s hip.

COYS

Back
Top Bottom