Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Any retrospective action or discussions for Rudiger? Na I didn't need think so

Whilst I get the merits to the Tweet, especially since it would appear a lot of people (media, rival fans) are up in arms about Kane, I get why the guy has tweeted it.

BUT - If there is one thing I fucking hate about the game today is this type of freeze frame, post analysis and bitching and moaning about this that and the other. Having the game re-ref'd days, weeks and if you are a Liverpool or Wolliwch supporter years after the event it's fucking embarrassing.

Please (not aimed at you personally Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain ) can we just move away from this tedious bullshit?!

Just looked at the team that won away to Everton in December. This match came after a very busy fixture list and we won 6-2. The team included 10 of today's starters + Dele who was replaced by Lamela. We had 8 shots on target for that match. now I know Everton are not Chelsea although arguably better than Burnley. However it does not really explain the massive difference in performance. Apart from the goals, we denied Chelsea much up front. It was the lack of real scoring opportunities up front that disappointed me most.

Just looked at the team that won away to Everton in December. This match came after a very busy fixture list and we won 6-2. The team included 10 of today's starters + Dele who was replaced by Lamela. We had 8 shots on target for that match. now I know Everton are not Chelsea although arguably better than Burnley. However it does not really explain the massive difference in performance. Apart from the goals, we denied Chelsea much up front. It was the lack of real scoring opportunities up front that disappointed me most.

Everton are shit?

Against Everton we pretty much gave up midfield to bring Everton on to us, difference being Chelsea have Kante, Jorginho and Kovacic in a 3 man midfield and Everton had a midfield two of Gomes and Davies.

Everton probably have a better team than Burnley but they absolutely do not defend anywhere near as good.

Unreal that we are still on about this game.

So reflects our mentality.

Unreal that you feel the need to post in this thread and tell us.

Especially considering you've posted about 7 times in this thread within the last 24 hours.

I'm sure an absolute nonce will tap that disagree button though.

Last edited:
Whilst I get the merits to the Tweet, especially since it would appear a lot of people (media, rival fans) are up in arms about Kane, I get why the guy has tweeted it.

BUT - If there is one thing I fucking hate about the game today is this type of freeze frame, post analysis and bitching and moaning about this that and the other. Having the game re-ref'd days, weeks and if you are a Liverpool or Wolliwch supporter years after the event it's fucking embarrassing.

Please (not aimed at you personally Park Lane Mark Twain Park Lane Mark Twain ) can we just move away from this tedious bullshit?!

I fear this is one of the problems coming our way with VAR.

Not only will the original decision be micro-scrutinised; but whether it qualifies for VAR scrutiny (an obvious mistake I understand); we'll then have a bust up about what is 'obvious', and 'mistake'. Finally the VAR official's decision will be challenged, along with their parenthood.

It's going to be fun.

It’s a funny old game

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You fucking nonce.

tumblr_mbnexbbOMK1qjlwa8o1_400.gif

You must be regretting weaponising your kids now...

So, in response to the avalanche of shit above , my retort of As a father of 3 you apall me is tantamount to weoponising my kids?

How depraved are you?

Thank God only one other person found all the above sickness amusing.

You must be very disappointed...

Last edited:
So, in response to the avalanche of shit above , my retort of As a father of 3 you apall me is tantamount to weoponising my kids?

How depraved are you?

Thank God only one other person found all the above sickness amusing.

You must be very disappointed...
Except, of course, it wasn't a response to the avalanche of shit above, because you'd played that card before the avalanche even happened.

Fee-Fi-Faux-Outrage

Last edited:
Just been watching the first half again. I know the second half turned out to be a shitshow but I can't believe we lost to these cunts. No way did we deserve nothing from it.

I was quite surprised by how insipid Chelsea were, considering the circumstances. I think I said after the game, I was surprised the amount of credit Cheslea were given by the pundits. I don't think either team deserved to win it, but it certainly wasn't them.

I felt a bit the same about the Woolwich game. The pundit narrative seemed to be that Woolwich played a tactical blinder and were unlucky not to win, I thought again, neither side really deserved to win, but we certainly were the more proactive team in the game, they were just a bit more pragmatically astute, but again, not on some high tactical level, just basic stuff. And we were a proactive mess.

I was quite surprised by how insipid Chelsea were, considering the circumstances. I think I said after the game, I was surprised the amount of credit Cheslea were given by the pundits. I don't think either team deserved to win it, but it certainly wasn't them.
The crowd were bored stiff watching them as that first half wore on. The atmosphere was remarkably flat. They carried minimal threat. Our attacking quartet was just a bit clumsy on the night. I think we had the better situations. Of course we conceded that pesky first goal and then the whole dynamic of the game changed.

I think I said after the game, I was surprised the amount of credit Cheslea were given by the pundits.
This is one of the things about football that drives me mad, and you know all about it-the final score often doesn't tell the story of the game.

Well it's not that it drives me mad but there is a lot to process. And when you are feeling emotionally crushed after a performance, it can be difficult to take a balanced view.

This is one of the things about football that drives me mad, and you know all about it-the final score often doesn't tell the story of the game.

Well it's not that it drives me mad but there is a lot to process. And when you are feeling emotionally crushed after a performance, it can be difficult to take a balanced view.

Works both ways though, people can can very irate if you don’t join in the circle jerk after any win, whether we’ve deserved it or not.

Back
Top Bottom