Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be fair Sonny (if i remember right) was the one who won the penalty against arse which was very much a dive. I think mancity should have had penalties today but werent given. I think every team has penalties that arent given because the ref doesnt see everything and also some are just too wimpy to give out pens.

So you don't think teams get a mental advantage and can sway certain decisions when playing at home? I'm intrigued if you do as I've always felt you get more of a rub of the green when you are at home and that certain refs to bow to crowd pressure etc

No home penalty since we played at WHL, I still find it a fascinating stat. Haven't had as few a penalties as we have received since we had to rent Wembley since Wigan & Sunderland were Premier League teams

Sonnys penalty. You may not think it was a penalty but I think it was, so does Shearer & Ian Wright. Refs view was limited but with a crowd being in uproar the chances of him taking a guess at it was a penalty would have been far greater than the noise levels at the soulless bowl. Linesman could and probably would have been influenced as well

Ok. The clip doesn't show it at normal speed (or my internet connection is rubbish). Lots of stills. Not conclusive to me. Again from my memory it would have been a harsh award.

Roll on VAR.

No home penalty since we played at WHL, I still find it a fascinating stat. Haven't had as few a penalties as we have received since we had to rent Wembley since Wigan & Sunderland were Premier League teams

Dyche said that Burnley didn't get penalty awards because they were 'a small club' and 'new to the PL'.

Did we not get fortunate with the Rose throw? Easiest thing in the world to blow up and ask him to take it again from the right spot. Especially as the fourth official handed it to Rose (as reported in The Sunday Times - although I never spotted it)?

So you don't think teams get a mental advantage and can sway certain decisions when playing at home? I'm intrigued if you do as I've always felt you get more of a rub of the green when you are at home and that certain refs to bow to crowd pressure etc

I am sure being at home makes some sort of difference on referee decisions , they are human. But its not the referees' fault that our stadium isnt ready yet.

Dyche said that Burnley didn't get penalty awards because they were 'a small club' and 'new to the PL'.

Did we not get fortunate with the Rose throw? Easiest thing in the world to blow up and ask him to take it again from the right spot. Especially as the fourth official handed it to Rose (as reported in The Sunday Times - although I never spotted it)?

And what's happened since Burnley and Dyche moaned about it. They've been awarded a few pens. Maybe it's coincidence but I think home adbantadv not only sways officials bit it get give the team a 2nd wind as well.

Georgie cracked on with mind games, Fergie time was something frequently mustered up at Old Trafford down the years. It made teams nervous, gave the crowd a roar and played it's part IMO

I am sure being at home makes some sort of difference on referee decisions , they are human. But its not the referees' fault that our stadium isnt ready yet.

I've not said anything about the stadium not being ready being the refs fault. What I said was that we've lacked an element of home advantage that has effected circumstances in home games such as an added push from the crowd to get certain decisions favouring us and giving the team a little push when they need it. Anyone that's been to Wembley frequently knows the noise levels are quieter even though there are more people attending. We need to expect a bedding in period next season when we are back in N17 but once we are back there we will at least have an added advantage which is to play home games at an actual home

All guns fucking blazing from the whistle against these cunts after our respective weekends.
They'll be knackered and we need to take advantage. No faffing about-straight into them.

I've not said anything about the stadium not being ready being the refs fault. What I said was that we've lacked an element of home advantage that has effected circumstances in home games such as an added push from the crowd to get certain decisions favouring us and giving the team a little push when they need it. Anyone that's been to Wembley frequently knows the noise levels are quieter even though there are more people attending. We need to expect a bedding in period next season when we are back in N17 but once we are back there we will at least have an added advantage which is to play home games at an actual home
That I can agree with. Wembley's shit.

In the days of Walker, Rose, Dembele and Wanyama at his best, I would have said we could have taken the game to Chelsea and worn then down. Just don't see it happening on Wednesday.

The result yesterday was good for us as I think the title is a non-issue so a draw is fine.

It's Chelsea and somehow against us they raise their game.

Hopefully the lost opportunity against Burnley acts as a stimulus.

I've no idea`. Is it possible that no foul was committed against us until the 52nd minute?
No because Leicester were getting free kicks for identical offenses

If you think it’s beyond certain refs to have a bias, even a subconscious one, then you must sow real faith in the human being.
What about the Rose throw-in yesterday?

What about the corner? At least it was a Spurs throw in

If memory serves correct, the Liverpool one was in the last minute when we were 2-1 down. It would have got us a draw. Unfortunately (from my memory) it wasn't a penalty.

The Leicester one was a penalty (when Maguire brought him down). A mistake and a stonewall penalty that (hopefully) VAR will correct.

I can't see any conspiracy.
In the Leicester game just about everyone agreed sons incident was more a penalty than madison’s.The fact that sonny’s happened first and he was booked for diving and later in the game Maddison gets a penalty for a similar thing - that to be demonstrates oliver has an inherent bias against us/for Leicester - it may not be a conscious effort to con us but the hardest part of refereeing is keeping emotion out of decisions and imo his sympathies do not lie with us.

New manager bounce coming up on Wednesday now Kepa is in charge.

Hopefully we're up for it.
Sarri back tracking saying it was a miscommunication and everything is fine and kepa did nothing wrong - absolutely pathetic- sarri ball does not work because the wanker has no balls - lost all respect for him he deserves to be at Chelsea and he deserves the inevitable sack that is coming his way

Sarri back tracking saying it was a miscommunication and everything is fine and kepa did nothing wrong - absolutely pathetic- sarri ball does not work because the wanker has no balls - lost all respect for him he deserves to be at Chelsea and he deserves the inevitable sack that is coming his way

Agreed, I lost any sympathy for him after he came out and said that. Hope we beat them 9-1, Hazard hamstring goes, and Terry is made to watch videos of him crying at HT. :dembelelol:

The backtracking couldn’t be better.....means he’ll still be there on Wednesday, yet we all know behind the scenes it’s a corrosive mess.
I hope he digs his heels in and fucks them up

In the days of Walker, Rose, Dembele and Wanyama at his best, I would have said we could have taken the game to Chelsea and worn then down. Just don't see it happening on Wednesday.

The result yesterday was good for us as I think the title is a non-issue so a draw is fine.

It's Chelsea and somehow against us they raise their game.

Hopefully the lost opportunity against Burnley acts as a stimulus.
I swear to god, you people need to get over Kyle Walker.

If you think it’s beyond certain refs to have a bias, even a subconscious one, then you must sow real faith in the human being.

When officiating at a game are you suggesting that the match officials have a bias (subconscious, or worse conscious) towards one of the teams? If yes, then that undermines the whole sport.

The match officials are there to make decisions, some we think are good, some bad and some ludicrous. All we can do it take the rough with the smooth e.g corner vs the throw in.

There is no conspiracy against us.

Roll on VAR (and all the grief it will bring) e.g. the VAR officials decision was wrong!

In the Leicester game just about everyone agreed sons incident was more a penalty than madison’s.The fact that sonny’s happened first and he was booked for diving and later in the game Maddison gets a penalty for a similar thing - that to be demonstrates oliver has an inherent bias against us/for Leicester - it may not be a conscious effort to con us but the hardest part of refereeing is keeping emotion out of decisions and imo his sympathies do not lie with us.

This is the same Michael Oliver that allowed Kane to continue versus Chelsea in the Rumbelows Cup semi, consulted VAR and ruled in our favour? Then awarded the penalty to us. OK, Kepa should have been sent off but you can't have everything!

The decision was highly marginal (some angles show Kane offside, others onside). He ruled in our favour.

Back
Top Bottom