Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Through my veil of tears last night, I did not notice that Lucas was playing at the tip of the diamond when he entered the fray. Only picked up on it when having another look at some of the second half today. I don't rate him very much, although I can see his confidence is shot right now. What I want to know is why Poch continues to play him through the middle. It's madness.

Exceptional grooming skills.

I shan't ask how you developed them.

giphy-downsized-large.gif
Not at all, sweetheart.
Allways happy to welcome new members on board. Even those with differing views and opinions to myself.
And when a new member makes a well thought out post which I agree with, well, it would be rude not to commend them.

Unlike you and your bedfellow, I wont resort to the depths sickening insinuations and disgraceful bottom feeding .

Congratulations . A new low was reached tonight, lads.

giphy.gif

20 wins with no new signings, no home stadium, no preseason and every member of the squad being injured at some stage of the season, which I don't think any other team has had to deal with and one of our star men missing games for not just one but TWO international tournament on top of him competitingnin the World Cup this summer. How many players did we have stay until the end of the World Cup, 9 was it? No other team suffered like we did after the World Cup, that has to be remembered.

Depends if you're a glass half full or glass half empty person I guess
An optimist see glass as half full, a pessimist as half empty but a winner demands the other half be filled with the blood of enemies!!!!

Not at all, sweetheart.
Allways happy to welcome new members on board. Even those with differing views and opinions to myself.
And when a new member makes a well thought out post which I agree with, well, it would be rude not to commend them.

Unlike you and your bedfellow, I wont resort to the depths sickening insinuations and disgraceful bottom feeding .

giphy.gif
04AWrKG.gif

I think all of them would be upgrades on at least our current squad players tbh.

I mean I am honestly shocked our CM options are Skipp/Winks/Sissoko/Dier/Wanyama. That's mid table quality at best. Willian is a lot better than Moura/Lamela as well.

Willian has started 21 times this season so not sure why mikes01666 has tried to make out he’s a squad player.
The flip side to having Willian on the bench is having a massive fat cow in their starting line up.

Willian has 3 goals in 21 starts...Moura has 6 in 17 starts, and Lamela has 4 in 9 starts.

You know, just for some balance and all that

I'm still fuming.

More about the lack of signings. We clearly do need them . The team are devoid of energy and lacking a spark. Plus we have big players letting us down.

Fuck football.

I think we do need signings and it has meant or likely meant Pochettino has had to overplay or unduly rely on some players but...

It does not explain last Saturday after 10 days rest or Wednesday when we played the majority of a team who played, and lost a Wembley-sapping 120 minute cup final so limply.

We are perennial sh!tters when it comes to it.

We do not have the one player (including Kane) who has the force of character, the arrogance or the sheer presence who can win us key games. So for us it is nearly always a collective effort. That is hard to achieve in such matches.

And whatever message Pochettino provides does not make-up for that lack of player.

We will see what happens tomorrow although the big picture this season is now securing a top 4 place.

But I know what type of kind of characters I would be looking to bring in during the summer without a doubt.

And those who slate Milner and Henderson don't know football's need for mentally strong men in your squad.

Last edited:
Not at all, sweetheart.

giphy.gif
Brilliant mate love it.

I think we do need signings and it has meant or likely meant Pochettino has had to overplay or unduly rely on some players but...

It does not explain last Saturday after 10 days rest or Wednesday when we played the majority of a team whp played and lost a Wembley-sapping 120 minute cup final so limply.

We are perennial sh!tters when it comes to it.

We do not have the one player (including Kane) who has the force of character, the arrogance or the sheer presence who can win us key games. So for us it is nearly always a collective effort. That is hard to achieve in such matches.

And whatever message Pochettino provides does not make-up for that lack of player.

We will see what happens tomorrow although the big picture this season is now securing a top 4 place.

But I know what type of kind of characters I would be looking to bring in during the summer without a doubt.

And those who slate Milner and Henderson don't know football's need for mentally strong men in your squad.

David Brooks & Jack Clarke would be very high up on my list of ones to be watching. Both goers, both silky and both know how to run at someone as well as pick a pass.

Could offer genuine quality on either flank with Brooks offering variation in the middle as well. Both HG, both we could get as they wouldn't be out of our bracket. I can see both having great careers the game looks easy for them. Brooks a wand of a left foot, Clarke a killer of a right.

Call me crazy but both have the ability to make extremely good wide players with how they like to take players on. Playing 3 at the back would release them both to no end even if Brooks players rather central for Bournemouth.

The same can be said for Wan-Bissaka & Ryan Sessegnon. Both would inject great energy and mouldable quality into our ranks on either flank. Money money money though

Last edited:
Yesterday I argued I'd prefer Sturridge to Llorente - this makes me Liverpool?
No but you list off names and deem them better on past glory, or projected greatness....Sturridge has been injured for about 5 years, played about 4 games, and scored about 3 goals in that time (yes, hyperbolic, but you get the picture)

Where Llorente has just stepped in and had a hand in about 10 goals in as many apearances.
You think Willian, Llallana, Loftus-Cheek and Hudson Odoi are better than Moura and Lamela despite our two producing more than all of that 4 put together.

Its pure nonsense

David Brooks & Jack Clarke would be very high up on my list. Both goers, both silky and both know how to run at someone as well as pick a pass.

Could offer genuine quality on either flank with Brooks offering variation in the middle as well. Both HG, both we could get as they wouldn't be out of our bracket. I can see both having great careers the game looks easy for them. Brooks a wand of a left foot, Clarke a killer of a right.

Call me crazy but both have the ability to make extremely good wide players with how they like to take players on. Playing 3 at the back would release them both to no end even if Brooks players rather central for Bournemouth.

We are going to need players. No doubt at all.

It will be the character of the player that matters even more to me and should to Pochettino.

The players in the top 6 teams are mostly very good. It goes without saying in my opinion.

But my point for us is that we don't have a Pogba, or a De Bruyne or an Aguero (who can dominate key games) or a Hazard.

So we rely on the collective and too often in the biggest key matches it goes awry.

Our best player in that regard is... anyone care to say? I know who I think.

We are going to need players. No doubt at all.

It will be the character of the player that matters even more to me and should to Pochettino.

Sometimes you've got to roll the dice on a maverick however. Game changer for United when they got Cantona.

For me it's about finding the sweetspot, a good head with talent in the legs really is hard to find I'm intrigued as to the way we go about it in the summer.

I'd honestly love to see us go for Wan-Bissaka & Sessegnon. Get Sessegnon as backup to Rose for a couple of years until he's hopefully ready to move further up the pitch. Got time for the kid, still only 18 & Wan-Bissaka has the kind of energy you want in a right back.

I know people ain't a fan but I see a lot of promise in that kid from Villa still, a lot of unlocked potential. It's a huge shame we couldn't get him last season and bed him in for a year learning off the likes of Eriksen etc. I was very interested to see if he had what it takes to take his game up a few notches when he's surrounded with better players. He was a punt, nothing more and we were in a position to take a punt last summer with the HG need a priority. Can't be takin punts on him this year though need something a little more ready for immediate action

Last edited:

Look here fella, a bit of on line banter is one thing.
But insinuating a fellow poster whom you've never met and know nothing about may be kiddie fiddling child molester is really scraping the barrel of depravity.
As a father of 3, you appall me.

No doubt a couple of predictables while give you the funny rating you crave, but I'm sure the vast majority will see you and your vomit inducing parading for what it is.

As I said last night, a new low.

Look here fella, a bit of on line banter is one thing.
But insinuating a fellow poster whom you've never met and know nothing about may be kiddie fiddling child molester is really scraping the barrel of depravity.
As a father of 3, you appall me.

No doubt a couple of predictables while give you the funny rating you crave, but I'm sure the vast majority will see you and your vomit inducing parading for what it is.

As I said last night, a new low.
Hey John, how's it hanging

Long time, cunto

Back
Top Bottom