Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So your first claim was that you rate Willian because of what you see with your eyes...

...now you rarely watch them.

I don't go out of my way to watch another team. However I am able to form an opinion on the occasions I do watch them/him. Nothing inconsistent there.

On the basis of what I see I'd take him in a heartbeat over Lamela (and perhaps Moura).

Last night was expected for me. We're a club notorious for fading in the later stages of the season and when it matters. What are you guys expecting from this club? We haven't signed a single player in two windows and this is the result of that.

I love this club. Iv supported it since day one. But we have to face reality. The owners of this club simply arent interested in winning silverware. Full stop. Especially at the expense of profit margins. The goal will always be trying to reach top 4, purely for the money that comes with it. Anyone who isn't caught up in the "feelings" side of football can see this. Our strict wage structure. Lack of signings. Always making a profit every window. The stadium, a business move. buying young and up and coming players in the hopes to sell them for profit in the future. The goal will always be to qualify for the champions league whilst spending as little possible money doing so. Thats the owner ethos. They're in this game to make money.

Thats not to say we havent had great success. We play attractive, attacking football, we have some world class young players in the team. We play pretty football. But when it comes down to it, we will always fall short. Why? because the owners are reluctant to push on financially and back us for silverware at the right moments. They dont want to break the structure they have. If we had bought 2-3 quality players before this season started, we'd have run away with the league right now. That's my honest opinion. We never capitalized on the other top clubs rebuilding. We played it safe, to put it lightly, and didnt strengthen. And alas, here we are 2-3 months or so from the end of the season, and we're having the same old conversation about Tottenham Hotspur football club.

I expect Poch to leave in the summer. He's a quality manager that needs to win trophies. He's proven himself. He's the best manager in the world right now. He needs titles now. He isn't going to get that at Spurs because the owners wont back that final push. Poch's comments after Burnley were quite concerning, and I think thats his time here unfortunately.
A big welcome to the forum G&C.

My name's John

source.gif

I noticed you only joined today but it's clear you share the views of a growing minority on here. Myself included.

We're known as the Horse Noshers. ( or flufferers) A collective group of passionate yids who yearn to see our club give winning titles on the pitch more priority than reaping massive profits off it.

A terrific post and looking forward to seeing much more of your input in the future.

To Dare Is To Do

Last edited:
The difference between Spurs and the big spending clubs is that if man city, utd or chelsea owners owned our tottenham squad in the summer just gone, they would have splashed out on 2-3 big signings to push on for the title and we would be running away with the league right now. Thats the difference in mentality between us and them. Their clubs demand titles and silverware. They always strengthen. Ours dont. Our mentality was “hold on to the players we’ve already got and try to tie them down with contract extensions as insurance incase one day they want to leave”
But those teams make so much more money than us in terms of their sponsors and worldwide merchandise sales, so they have more profit they can then invest in the team. And in Chelski's case (albeit less so now) they have someone who was happy to lose his own money on pursuing glory.

My name's John

source.gif

I noticed you only joined today but it's clear you share the views of a growing minority on here. Myself included.

We're known as the Horse Noshers. A collective group of passionate yids who yearn to see our club give winning titles on the pitch more priority than reaping massive profits of it.

A terrific post and looking forward to seeing much more of your input in the future.

To Dare Is To Do
Incorrect.

You were demoted. You are a fluffer, with Scott.

The Noshers are now The Dane, NW1, NSFB and Mindblown.

You do a good job keeping them hot for the pony, you may earn your spot back.

To Dare Is To Do.

Dads+fw+hung+like+a+horse+_1fc8e9d43a5ee7da5424c2c096d12cf5.gif

The difference between Spurs and the big spending clubs is that if man city, utd or chelsea owners owned our tottenham squad in the summer just gone, they would have splashed out on 2-3 big signings to push on for the title and we would be running away with the league right now. Thats the difference in mentality between us and them. Their clubs demand titles and silverware. They always strengthen. Ours dont. Our mentality was “hold on to the players we’ve already got and try to tie them down with contract extensions as insurance incase one day they want to leave”

5Id.gif

That's the difference between us and them based on mentality or us and them based on resources available to the clubs?

Look at the teams you've highlighted as a comparison to us, City, United & Chelsea.

Who has endless pots of money out if us and them and who has to be practical with trying to pay off a new stadium? Come on pal wake up and smell reality from time to time.

Comparing us to Everton, even Woolwich I can stomach but you've just picked 3 financial Death Stars to compare us to. Not practical and not fair

Eight defeats so far isn't a blip or unlucky that is entering mid table Territory fortunately no draws and along with chelsea, utd and Woolwich not being at their best we to date have got away with it next year we won't be as fortunate.
Agree, but I also think next year we won’t be as bad.

Agree, but I also think next year we won’t be as bad.
Possibly but also may not be as good as we have been previously remember all the others plus the mid table sides will improve, there just can't be any more excuses or poor inactivity in player recruitment but I suspect it will be the same.

8 losses is poor.

How's 20 wins though?

20 wins with no new signings, no home stadium, no preseason and every member of the squad being injured at some stage of the season, which I don't think any other team has had to deal with and one of our star men missing games for not just one but TWO international tournament on top of him competitingnin the World Cup this summer. How many players did we have stay until the end of the World Cup, 9 was it? No other team suffered like we did after the World Cup, that has to be remembered.

Depends if you're a glass half full or glass half empty person I guess

Last edited:

My name's John

source.gif

We're known as the Horse Noshers. ( or flufferers) A collective group of passionate yids who yearn to see our club give winning titles on the pitch more priority than reaping massive profits off it.

To Dare Is To Do

Exceptional grooming skills.

I shan't ask how you developed them.

Possibly but also may not be as good as we have been previously remember all the others plus the mid table sides will improve, there just can't be any more excuses or poor inactivity in player recruitment but I suspect it will be the same.
It’s a sell to buy policy at Spurs. So it will take some ( one ? ) big sale to refresh this team. Probably a few years on the back foot, it’s normal for teams - forming, norming, performing and morning - that’s usually the process of any team, be they Sports / work anywhere...hopefully we have a bit left in the performing tank. But it’s closer to the end than the beginning.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom