Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

OK well everyone is entitled to a view.

Our defeats (7 I think) are not down to the quality of refs, the media, pitches, sun, shape of the ball, kick-off times, unicorns etc etc. It down to team selection, tactics, injuries, suspensions, loss of form, player performance, opposition performance, luck, some dodgy decisions by the officials granted (but not referee bias), plus loads of other factors that we may(or may not ) have control over

Almost all of the big decisions are in our hands.

We're not Liverpool supporters.
A lot of factors are in our control, but Poch hardly ever complains about rotten refereeing and the refs DO NOT respect "respect", they think you are weak and carry on cheating. Imagine if Spurs got the reffing of Chelsea or Bumnal? Every time a slight contact is made you can go down and win a foul - every time!! ATM Spurs get booked for more contact being made - they even book Spurs players OUTSIDE the box (not even a penalty shout as is normal with any booking for diving).

The England captain has been kicked in the face by Ottomendi and not got a penalty - he has been booked for diving when the player he dribbled past stuck his leg out to try to trip him then Shearer on TV said it was a dive which Lineker jokingly claimed he was jealous at Harry's CBE (compared to Shearer 'worse' MBE). Danny Murphy was astonished at Shearer's remarks.

I didn't watch last night's game even tho I have BT Sport (they are fairer than Bumnal supporting Sky) - it's sad I can't watch Spurs now when I expect a big cheat going down. The stats showed Chelsea got 14 free kicks to Spurs' 7, and I bet every single free kick for them was a DIVE and every one for Tottenham was a genuine foul (and Spurs probably didn't get many other fouls).

Yes, Poch can do much more, get more 'street-wise' have more goes at the refs, defend his players (he never complained about Pogba's stamp on Dele Alli) while we the fans have to wake up to the conspiracy against Spurs which has been happening for years!!

I've said this before and received a lot of pretty filthy flack for it but I am going to say it again. Levy sees this as a business venture and how much he can personally make out of the new stadium. Levy HAS to go. He is the toxic poison that is gradually dragging us down and until we have a chairman who really cares about football...
LEVY MUST GO....so Poch has a chance although I think we're past the point of no return.
What we need is a big fat Arab Sheikh... 'cos they're all in it for the love of the game...
Get real THEY'RE ALL IN IT FOR THE MONEY... at least Levy SUPPORTS Spurs!
Do you think Sheikh Mansiour was in the away end at Gillingham waving an inflatable banana when Man City were in the Third Division (League One for the Millenials!) DO me a fucking favour!

That's why Tottenham Hotspur are 3rd and Chelsea are 6th.

Sorry, you're covering old ground here. I've said that we're third despite having a thin squad and congratulated the team.

I've also said that Chelsea are sixth because (in part) they want to play Sarri-ball or donkey-ball or something and play Kante in goal and Luiz on the wing.

I've said this before and received a lot of pretty filthy flack for it but I am going to say it again. Levy sees this as a business venture and how much he can personally make out of the new stadium. With NFL, we are talking millions. But if we don't get fresh blood, we'll be lucky to be in the top half next year. Our star players are not playing their best, eg, Eriksen, Alli, . Trippier made a mistake but he is still a good wing back. The point is none of these are getting younger and every season, the rest of the Premier are spending money to improve their squads whilst we just tire out the players we have. Levy HAS to go. He is the toxic poison that is gradually dragging us down and until we have a chairman who really cares about football, we'll keep slipping down the rankings and who will want to play for us. Mick Cooper, after your tirade of filthy language to my last post, you might want to switch your brain back on and accept this truth.I'm a share holder but I'm thinking of getting out. I don't want to end up in the Championship.
LEVY MUST GO....so Poch has a chance although I think we're past the point of no return.
I don't think we will struggle for top half next season but we are making things much harder for ourselves as time goes on without signings. Whilst also making top 4 more & more difficult for poch to achieve. Mainly due to being too arrogant In thinking we are the only team who doesn't need to invest in the team. I too agree that levy is way more interested & motivated by the business side rather than matters on the pitch like winning trophies or titles. I think poch & some of the players have higher ambitions than Enic & levy's. That's what might cause problems in the future. Be happy with & stay motivated by top 4 & a decent CL run. Or sod off for medals & more ££.

What we need is a big fat Arab Sheikh... 'cos they're all in it for the love of the game...
Get real THEY'RE ALL IN IT FOR THE MONEY... at least Levy SUPPORTS Spurs!
Do you think Sheikh Mansiour was in the away end at Gillingham waving an inflatable banana when Man City were in the Third Division (League One for the Millenials!) DO me a fucking favour!
tenor.gif

A lot of factors are in our control, but Poch hardly ever complains about rotten refereeing and the refs DO NOT respect "respect", they think you are weak and carry on cheating. Imagine if Spurs got the reffing of Chelsea or Bumnal? Every time a slight contact is made you can go down and win a foul - every time!! ATM Spurs get booked for more contact being made - they even book Spurs players OUTSIDE the box (not even a penalty shout as is normal with any booking for diving).

The England captain has been kicked in the face by Ottomendi and not got a penalty - he has been booked for diving when the player he dribbled past stuck his leg out to try to trip him then Shearer on TV said it was a dive which Lineker jokingly claimed he was jealous at Harry's CBE (compared to Shearer 'worse' MBE). Danny Murphy was astonished at Shearer's remarks.

I didn't watch last night's game even tho I have BT Sport (they are fairer than Bumnal supporting Sky) - it's sad I can't watch Spurs now when I expect a big cheat going down. The stats showed Chelsea got 14 free kicks to Spurs' 7, and I bet every single free kick for them was a DIVE and every one for Tottenham was a genuine foul (and Spurs probably didn't get many other fouls).

Yes, Poch can do much more, get more 'street-wise' have more goes at the refs, defend his players (he never complained about Pogba's stamp on Dele Alli) while we the fans have to wake up to the conspiracy against Spurs which has been happening for years!!

As I said, you're entitled to your opinion.

I don't buy it.

Yes we're miles apart.

I'd take Giroud (or Sturridge from yesterday's thread) instead of Llorente.

Willian is not better than Son but light years ahead of Lamela and Lucas.

The mistake here is that we're comparing these players to our first XI and they all suffer in comparison. The point is, would you take them as a member of the squad?
No, I wouldn't take a single one of them. I did say Willian offers more to Chelsea than Lamela does to us right now (I say this as a Lamela fan, but he's clearly struggling for fitness, this can't continue into another season, we need the player he was at the beginning of this season, running free, scoring and assisting/creating goals almost every game).

the strength of the squad will show through eventually.
Sorry, but this is another mis-quote.

I said that you win Cups and Titles through squad strength and depth.

If the squad's poor i.e. too young/old, unbalanced, underpaid, lack enthusiasm, unwilling to learn, injury-prone inflexible, too many primadonnas, nothing will show through.

Last edited:
I am behind the team....you’re joke isn’t working.
I believe this squad is good enough to win the title, and when we play our best we can beat anyone on the planet.
I am disappointed with our lack of mental strength and inconsistency, but I believe every single player who has featured over the last couple of seasons, and the manager is good enough skill wise and has proven it.

You think we are shit bar two or three players and the entire club is a shambles.
I don’t.

There are different reasons for our complaints, so in my eyes, you’re still a shit fan.
I think we're wasting valuable time, persisting with players that are simply not good enough for where we want to go. I hate that Levy refuses to invest in the team and I hate that we have a generational talent and probably the best striker in the world dumped into our lap, and not capitalizing on that, further building and investing in a team around him. We're wasting time, Harry will be entering his prime soon, we don't have forever

No, I wouldn't take a single one of them. I did say Willian offers more to Chelsea than Lamela does to us right now (I say this as a Lamela fan, but he's clearly struggling for fitness, this can't continue into another season, we need the player he was at the beginning of this season, running free, scoring and assisting/creating goals almost every game).

OK well then we disagree. You wouldn't take any of them as squad players?

Arrizabalaga (or Caballero)
Barkley
Loftus-Cheek
Giroud
Hudson-Odoi
Willian
Christensen

As you know, currently in our squad are, Janssen, Vorm, N'Koudou, Llorente, Wanyama, (Dembele -gone), I'd also include Aurier and Lamela. I'd give Trippier and Lucas more time (others wouldn't). And you'd take none of the above?

Barkley
Loftus-Cheek
Giroud
Hudson-Odoi
Willian
Christensen

As you know, currently in our squad are, Janssen, Vorm, N'Koudou, Llorente, Wanyama, (Dembele -gone), I'd also include Aurier and Lamela. I'd give Trippier and Lucas more time (others wouldn't). And you'd take none of the above?
No, already detailed my reasons why in a prior post. Noticed you are no longer including Cahill, Drinkwater from your original list. You've now added their 'keeper who has just made headlines around the World for being a twat. You've also included Caballero who's more than shakey as a 'keeper these day's that got lobbed whilst standing on his line from 25yrds out in this same fixture last season, er no thanks, I happy with Gazzaniga.

Barkley
Loftus-Cheek
Giroud
Hudson-Odoi
Willian
Christensen

RLC must be one of the most overrated players in the world right now.

Plays like shit in half the games he plays but because he is a big lad he sometimes makes good plays but he is constantly injured and never produces consistently. He's just like Barkley but people give him a pass because he's young and English.

Plays like shit in half the games he plays but because he is a big lad he sometimes makes good plays but he is constantly injured and never produces consistently. He's just like Barkley but people give him a pass because he's young and English.

Loftus-Cheek isn't a bad little footballer for what he does. Strong and can take a man on and has just turned 23. Not a superstar but he'd have definitely done a job for Spurs this year with the brittle feeling our midfield seems to have had

No, already detailed my reasons why in a prior post. Noticed you are no longer including Cahill, Drinkwater from your original list. You've now added their 'keeper who has just made headlines around the World for being a twat. You've also included Caballero who's more than shakey as a 'keeper these day's that got lobbed whilst standing on his line from 25yrds out in this same fixture last season, er no thanks, I happy with Gazzaniga.

I referred to Kepa as '£70m keeper' in the original post as I couldn't remember his name. I added Caballero (in quotes) as I didn't want to be seen to be unfairly including Kepa as a result of last weekend.

Cahill and Drinkwater were not on the bench last night.

Well we're not going to agree. For what it's worth (not much), I'd take the lot, except maybe Caballero.

How about the others?

Back
Top Bottom