Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This feels like a significant enough game that should be watched in a North/East London pub with like minded (though not exclusively) Spurs fans... rather than a 2 minute delay on a dodgy stream...

Any suggestions???

According to Reddit (so take it with a little salt). Dean or one of his linesmen said something along the lines of "Another season without a trophy/Out of the title race already?"

I bow to no man in my hate of that pantomime cockwomble, but there’s no way he said that. They’re miced up at all times. If he said that, he’d never ref a premier league game again.

All refs are mic'd up - so you'd hope so.

In all honesty, Poch has said loads of times that Jesus Perez is the man who does all the work, barking out instructions etc. so even if Poch WAS banned for a game or two, I'd have no problems with it and dont think it'd hinder us as Poch would have his most trusted man there anyway.

Part of the delegation of leadership is to praise people who do things and take none of the credit. So I don't actually believe that Poch does nothing even if he claims it.

This feels like a significant enough game that should be watched in a North/East London pub with like minded (though not exclusively) Spurs fans... rather than a 2 minute delay on a dodgy stream...

Any suggestions???
Two Brewers will be open in N17 or you could go to the coach and horses or LTs

According to Reddit (so take it with a little salt). Dean or one of his linesmen said something along the lines of "Another season without a trophy/Out of the title race already?"

Also off Facebook he also said to Poch
“You’ve bottled it again “

Sorry, I forgot we are going the rest of the season unbeaten and winning the league.

Atleast that'll piss a few people off.
What I wouldn’t give to see Hugo lifting the CL Trophy above his head with half the stadium singing “are you watching Mike Dean” and Pochettino standing there with a little smirk on his face.

Does anyone seriously believe that an experienced pro-Ref would say this?

Now Dean can't ref. but he's not totally stupid. If he said this he'd know he'd never officiate again.

Get the lip-readers onto it.

I would be surprised if that was true but he does like to play the showman and he thinks he’s funny so might have tried to make a stupid joke which backfired!

Ref's used to meet at Staverton Park in Daventry every week to review the previous week's games. I cannot believe that they didn't discuss what not to do at the end of the game when supporters, players, managers want to set them on fire.

Trying to be 'funny' in not one of things to be advised. They are probably told to go no further than "thanks". Even "good game, well-played or bad luck" could easily be mis-heard or mis-interpreted, and picked up by supporters as evidence of bias (see other thread).

Back
Top Bottom