Chelscum v Tottenham Hotspur - Premier League - 27.02.19

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the same Michael Oliver that allowed Kane to continue versus Chelsea in the Rumbelows Cup semi, consulted VAR and ruled in our favour? Then awarded the penalty to us. OK, Kepa should have been sent off but you can't have everything!

The decision was highly marginal (some angles show Kane offside, others onside). He ruled in our favour.
Var ruled in our favour not oliver - he never saw any replay and if you watch it again he looked visibly disappointed in giving the pen.

Var ruled in our favour not oliver - he never saw any replay and if you watch it again he looked visibly disappointed in giving the pen.

He could have blown up for offside to begin with. Instead he let it continue.

If he had ruled Kane offside, it was tight, but only we would have complained.

'Visibly disappointed' - you know what his visibly disappointed face looks like?

I don't buy this 'biased against us' nonsense - especially backed by evidence such as 'visibly disappointed'.

He could have blown up for offside to begin with. If it had gone to VAR they may or may not have ruled offside. Would never have gone to a penalty VAR.

If he had ruled Kane offside, it was tight, but only we would have complained.

'Visibly disappointed' - you know what his visibly disappointed face looks like?

I don't buy this 'biased against us' nonsense - especially backed by evidence such as 'visibly disappointed'.
You are trying to reinvent history there was no time to blow for offside - talking of bias every post you make appears anti spurs

You are trying to reinvent history there was no time to blow for offside - talking of bias every post you make appears anti spurs

You're seriously saying that a referee doesn't have time to blow for offside? It happens a dozen times every game!

As for 'anti-Spurs', I refuse to dignify such rubbish with a response.

When officiating at a game are you suggesting that the match officials have a bias (subconscious, or worse conscious) towards one of the teams? If yes, then that undermines the whole sport.

The match officials are there to make decisions, some we think are good, some bad and some ludicrous. All we can do it take the rough with the smooth e.g corner vs the throw in.

There is no conspiracy against us.

Roll on VAR (and all the grief it will bring) e.g. the VAR officials decision was wrong!

Ive never said there was a conspiracy against us, but there is a bias towards the "rightful" top 4, and that effects anyone whos a threat to them.

Rose and Son booked for diving and no penalties when theres clear contact, and Salah getting penalties with no contact. The whistle in the refs mouth before a challenge is even made.

What was up with Liverpool v West Ham and the offisides?

Are you suggesting that West Ham would have got those two wrong decisions their way at Anfield?

If you think its wild paranoia then I think your´e being a tad naive. The examples are endless, and as I said, its not targted as us per se, but it is there and its aim is to keep the "elite" there.

I want VAR, I despise VAR though. Thats the level of refereeing in this country though Im afraid, and you can mock all you want, but just yesterday they dissallowed a clearly on side goal with VAR.

You're seriously saying that a referee doesn't have time to blow for offside? It happens a dozen times every game!

As for 'anti-Spurs', I refuse to dignify such rubbish with a response.
you're such a charming and loveable poster, aren't you?
spending time in your company must be a heartwarming and life affirming experience

Ive never said there was a conspiracy against us, but there is a bias towards the "rightful" top 4, and that effects anyone whos a threat to them.

Rose and Son booked for diving and no penalties when theres clear contact, and Salah getting penalties with no contact. The whistle in the refs mouth before a challenge is even made.

What was up with Liverpool v West Ham and the offisides?

Are you suggesting that West Ham would have got those two wrong decisions there way at Anfield?

If you think its wild paranoia then I think your´e being a tad naive. The examples are endless, and as I said, its not targted as us per se, but it is there and its aim is to keep the "elite" there.

I want VAR, I despise VAR though. Thats the level of refereeing in this country though Im afraid, and you can mock all you want, but just yesterday they dissallowed a clearly on side goal with VAR.

As supporters of the club we love, we micro-dissect every official's decision to see if it should have gone our way. Inevitably we always see things from a Spurs perspective.

I have no interest in what happened to West Ham or Liverpool as I have no emotional involvement with those clubs and couldn't care what the decisions were.

I'm certainly not mocking, by are we seriously saying that the officials have 'favourites' and will rule in favour of one team and against another? Surely this is a conspiracy?

One of the foundations of the game is that we allow the ref to officiate and will play to the decisions.

Wailing that the officials are inept is one thing (many of them are), but saying that they're bent is quite another.

Good calls will eventually balance out poor ones (on Saturday - corner vs throw-in). Poor officials will get found out and demoted (we had no refs at the World Cup).

As for a 'rightful top 4' we're beginning to sound like Liverpool supporters!

Let's just get on with it.

The backtracking couldn’t be better.....means he’ll still be there on Wednesday, yet we all know behind the scenes it’s a corrosive mess.
I hope he digs his heels in and fucks them up

Surely he can’t pick Kepa for Wednesday

Last two games Caballero has played against us we've scored 7 goals against him.

The thought of Johnny Sins goalkeeping for the chavs...

tumblr_o9wds1w8dm1u9ikt0o2_500.gif

...Pleases me

Back
Top Bottom