Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Kaboul is a great player IMO.

I can see why Poch made him captain. We fix the deluge of crosses being waved in and he will give us stability.

All goals once again were generated from the soft wings.

Again where was Rose for the first goal? Why was Bentaleb and Jan dragged from the middle to the left wing? Because Rose was on another walkabout.

Townsend soft wingydingz give away. Pressure pressure pressure attacking our weak flanks.

mate i don't like to single out players too often but did you watch the game today. I counted at least 6 or 7 times when he made a really bad fuck up that either led to a chance on goal or was very lucky not to. He had an absolute mare and, whilst not helped by the bad defence down our flanks, meant the whole back four was super shaky. That was NOT a captain's performance at all. The worst part is that he was doing this too much last season as well. I don't think he's right physically and mentally he certainly doesn't look confident.

I hope we can see him get back to the form of a few years ago but sadly I think he'll be watching fazio from the bench for a little while after that display.

unbelievable performance. I really don't believe it. Was that really Kaboul out there? Looked like a captain, played like a captain... unlucky goal aside, he and Verts were almost infallible today.

very heartening stuff.

No I insist, making a joke on Twitter surely puts me up there with the likes of hitler?
Meh.....let's see
1. Cunts off our Capt after 8yrs with the club = Cunt
2. Does it on Twitter = Cunt
3. Takes photo of the cutting off = Cunt
4. Re-Tweets picture of cunting off = Cunt
5. Goes onto Spurs forum to show picture off again = Cunt
6. Being proud of counting off your own players = Cunt

Think that covers it. Now fuck off.

Are they saying that it wasn't a foul or just that he wasn't last man?
If the former, then the diving player should get the one match ban instead. If the latter, the referee should get a ban or lose a percentage of his wages for that match.

This is twice now that we've had a penalty and red card given against us at a crucial point in the game and it's been proven to be wrong. So fucking spursy

I was worried when we made Kaboul captain as felt he's done, tbh. Happily eating my words tonight. Today was fantastic from him, he was a proper captain and if he starts playing like that regularly, we are going to finally start seeing a tougher Tottenham defence.

I'm assuming that we will appeal Kabouls red card, but what hope have we got?

In my opinion none what so ever.. It was never a penalty and never a red card but the FA have a minuscule bit of evidence, which is enough to uphold the ban. Kaboul's hand touched Eto which is all they need to back the ref..

Perhaps we should take the Spammers desperate approach and threaten the FA with court action if they done over turn his ban..

Unfortunately that poor decision ended the game for us. I expected to lose the game, but the way we lost it has left me feeling totally deflated.

CKErfqYWwAAGqpJ.jpg

Got retweeted by SpursOfficial, so changed my name to this, they've since unretweeted it of course
Makes you look like an utter cunt.

Andre Villas-Boas has revealed that he intended to withdraw the “extraordinary” Younes Kaboul after an hour last night – but the Frenchman was forced to play on for the full 120 minutes.

Kaboul has been hampered by injuries for the last 18 months, only making one appearance in the whole of the 2012/13 campaign and also struggling to stay fit this term.

The 27-year-old had made four starts prior to last night’s Capital One Cup tie but had only completed two of those games, having limped off early against both Tromso and Anzhi in the Europa League.

The centre-back returned to the starting line-up to face Hull yesterday evening, and Villas-Boas was going to withdraw him after 60 minutes.

However, an injury to substitute Nacer Chadli forced Villas-Boas to replace the Belgian with his third and final substitution instead – and Kaboul played all the way through to a penalty shoot-out, while converting his own spot-kick, as Tottenham secured a place in the quarter-finals.

“Kaboul was extraordinary, we have to single him out,” said Villas-Boas. “We planned to take him off in the 60th minute. He was giving me signs that he had to come off in the 63rd minute and that’s when Chadli was injured, and he gave the thumbs up to continue.

“That is good because he made 120 minutes, and that is good for the medical department. I think we’ve finally buried his recurrent injuries as soon as he comes back in to play. We will be careful with his recovery from now on, but I’m sure we will have him back very, very soon.”

God, please not Dawson. Yeah, he puts it 'all on the line,' but that it isn't very fuckin much.

Little bit harsh, he's been our best CB this season IMO - every mistake that has been made by Vertonghen, Kaboul, Rose etc. it's always been Dawson valiantly sprinting back to try and prevent a goal whilst said clownshoe looks on from wherever he gave away possession.

He may not be the next coming of Puyol, or the most effective of captains, but he leads by example.

I'm going to side with Gibbs on this debate, especially as a shitload of fuckers here are probably still scratching their heads as to why Kaboul is still around since his contract expired this summer.

Watched the game and thought 1 moment aside where he lost the ball he played well, sure not at 2011/12 level but let's give him a chance with a run of games shall we? Quick look at the stats and I don't see how Dier, Capoue or Rose get a free pass on the defensive side of their game but he doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom