Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

...didn't have his own thread, apparently. Until now.

Anyway, a little bird tells me he's back in training on Monday, with a view to playing in '2-3 weeks'. :kaboullol:

Hopefully he'll have the Ledley King "I've spent so much time watching from the stands I almost understand the game better" syndrome.

I dont think it needs to be said that, Younes coming back will be like a new signing.
it might just be the thing we need to galvanise the squad for the run in at the back end of the season.

I dont think it needs to be said that, Younes coming back will be like a new signing.
it might just be the thing we need to galvanise the squad for the run in at the back end of the season.
or it might just be one big disaster similar to what big tom has been...
sorry, someone had to be the pesimist... :holtbytongue:

i was being a bit sarcastic. Speaking in cliché if you will. Tbh, whilst glad to have him back, and the prospect of Kaboom and SuperJan at the back is tantalising stuff... our defence has been great this season. With 'Ugo in the sticks we've been keeping more clean sheets than we usually do.
I'd say Benoit was more of a loss, we were a bit lost down the left. In the middle we've got Vert, Daws, Caulks and Gallas.

i was being a bit sarcastic. Speaking in cliché if you will. Tbh, whilst glad to have him back, and the prospect of Kaboom and SuperJan at the back is tantalising stuff... our defence has been great this season. With 'Ugo in the sticks we've been keeping more clean sheets than we usually do.
I'd say Benoit was more of a loss, we were a bit lost down the left. In the middle we've got Vert, Daws, Caulks and Gallas.
Naughton did well when called upon IMO

Oh definitely! But I worried quite a few times with Gallas at the back for us, he never looked 'solid' and trustworthy as a defender.

He did and he didn't Gallas always has a knack of clearing that ball of the line or getting that block in at the last minute. I'm not saying he doesn't make horrible errors too, just that he can be shit hot as well. Such a curious chap.

Oh definitely! But I worried quite a few times with Gallas at the back for us, he never looked 'solid' and trustworthy as a defender.
He did and he didn't Gallas always has a knack of clearing that ball of the line or getting that block in at the last minute. I'm not saying he doesn't make horrible errors too, just that he can be shit hot as well. Such a curious chap.

I dont really like having Gallas in the team, but he has been known to do a job for us. I think Willy G's best attribute is his brain. He's not fast, dont think he's particularly tall, and certainly not got the strength of a Kaboul or probably even Dawson. BUT, he's probably our most experienced player, he was at Woolwich and chelsea at times when they were successful and hes won some medals. He knows when to get back, when to go to a man etc. he's sort of the opposite of Kyle Walker i guess.

I am looking forward to the Kaboul/Vertonghen axis.

Surely Vertonghen will aim to be the defender dropping back for the interception while Kaboul will be the aggressive one pushing up on strikers.

Many of the leagues best teams play with an uneven-number-of-strikers formation, which Jan/Youness are perfectly suited to matching, partially because both are good enough on the ball to NOT be bullied by a l lone striker pressing them (as opposed to having Dawson in defence, where the lone strikers just square up to Jan and let Daws piss the ball away). But also because both of Jan/Youness are quick enough to recover wingers coming in behind our fullbacks as well as quick enough for tracking stray attacking midfielders runnind in behind the opposition striker.

I fully believe our future is Kaboul+Vertonghen supported by Caulker.

Back
Top Bottom