Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

With this sort of thing, a decade would be optimistic. When I applied for medical school, I was promised that cystic fibrosis gene therapy would be commonly available by the time I graduated. We're still in trials...
I don't know, CF is a whole different kettle of fish, plus with the sporting fraternity to keep it funded I would expect it to roll pretty quickly once people see positive results and clubs (especially in the US) see a way to mend their superstars.

His contract expires next summer. Would you offer him a new contract?

It is difficult to justify but I don't think we know the full extent of his injuries, and my suspicion is that the club, having stood by Ledley will not go through it all again. Which would be a massive shame as he is a very talented player.

Andre Villas-Boas has revealed that he intended to withdraw the “extraordinary” Younes Kaboul after an hour last night – but the Frenchman was forced to play on for the full 120 minutes.

Kaboul has been hampered by injuries for the last 18 months, only making one appearance in the whole of the 2012/13 campaign and also struggling to stay fit this term.

The 27-year-old had made four starts prior to last night’s Capital One Cup tie but had only completed two of those games, having limped off early against both Tromso and Anzhi in the Europa League.

The centre-back returned to the starting line-up to face Hull yesterday evening, and Villas-Boas was going to withdraw him after 60 minutes.

However, an injury to substitute Nacer Chadli forced Villas-Boas to replace the Belgian with his third and final substitution instead – and Kaboul played all the way through to a penalty shoot-out, while converting his own spot-kick, as Tottenham secured a place in the quarter-finals.

“Kaboul was extraordinary, we have to single him out,” said Villas-Boas. “We planned to take him off in the 60th minute. He was giving me signs that he had to come off in the 63rd minute and that’s when Chadli was injured, and he gave the thumbs up to continue.

“That is good because he made 120 minutes, and that is good for the medical department. I think we’ve finally buried his recurrent injuries as soon as he comes back in to play. We will be careful with his recovery from now on, but I’m sure we will have him back very, very soon.”

So definitely not starting against Everton then!!
I think he'll play next Thursday (which is good, 'cos the Kaboul is on fire chant needs dusting down a bit!)

Just Capoue really to come back now....

I have a feeling Kaboul will be our next Ledders. Always injured, never really trains but plays through pain and performs brilliantly.

Really really hope I'm wrong about the injuries.

I really like Kaboul, and definitely think he should be in the starting line-up when fit. Seen a few posts here lately saying Verts and Chiriches would be their first choice, but can't agree with that. You need a true defender at the back - the other two are prone to drifting forward in possession and leaving us short in defence. That's not to say Kaboul isn't good with the ball at his feet, because he really is.

Chiriches has a lot to prove I feel.

Thought he was very good, mopped up any counters they were trying and came out of defence with the ball well (better than Dawson's 60 yard passes that never come off anyway)
I never understand why Daws does that. Funnily enough, on Fifa he has the 'Long Passer' trait, which does make me chuckle...

Kaboul really is a fantastic player when he is fit. IF he can get back to playing at a high level consistently (didn't they say his injury was gone now and he should be fine from now on?) then we should definitely offer him a new contract. Hard to find someone as mature and experienced as him for a good price.

I never understand why Daws does that. Funnily enough, on Fifa he has the 'Long Passer' trait, which does make me chuckle...

I fucking hate it when he tries them. Why doesnt anyone tell him to stop, its basically just surrendering possession every............single..........time. And on the odd occasion they do come off, they are genuinely pointless. He's like the git at 5 a side that keeps shooting and no one can bring themselves to tell him to stop because he obviously enjoys it

I fucking hate it when he tries them. Why doesnt anyone tell him to stop, its basically just surrendering possession every............single..........time. And on the odd occasion they do come off, they are genuinely pointless.
Daws, play the simple 5-yard pass to Moose so he can actually do something with it - nah, I'd rather spray a 70-yard to 5'6" Lennon who's being closely marked by a 6'2" 200lb left back.
Oh no wait, Defoe is being clambered on by the 2 Klitschko-looking centre halves, I'll try to pick him out.

I really hate him being Captain. Makes me think when we have all 4 centre backs fit, he's the first name down, and he should be 3rd, if not 4th. I guess he only has the arm band because every other player is either new or injured. Annoying, because I don't really think he's a leader.

Daws, play the simple 5-yard pass to Moose so he can actually do something with it - nah, I'd rather spray a 70-yard to 5'6" Lennon who's being closely marked by a 6'2" 200lb left back.
Oh no wait, Defoe is being clambered on by the 2 Klitschko-looking centre halves, I'll try to pick him out.

I really hate him being Captain. Makes me think when we have all 4 centre backs fit, he's the first name down, and he should be 3rd, if not 4th. I guess he only has the arm band because every other player is either new or injured. Annoying, because I don't really think he's a leader.
He loves that ball to Defoe, it drives me mad.

I rate him as a defender, but its when he tries to be a footballer that he gets himself into trouble. I just wish someone would tell him to stop.

I If everyone is fit i have Kaboul & Verts at centre back, Vlad is looking good but still needs to prove himself.

I rate him as a defender, but its when he tries to be a footballer that he gets himself into trouble. I just wish someone would tell him to stop.

I If everyone is fit i have Kaboul & Verts at centre back, Vlad is looking good but still needs to prove himself.
He does it to Soldado as well. Yet you can guarantee if Ade is up there, he'll play it short! :dawsonmean:

Correct, he isn't a ball-playing defender at all in my opinion. I'll never forget that cup game against Fulham. Fuck me he was so bad.

Agree on centre backs too. One of Kaboul/Verts should be captain too.

I think you're being harsh on Daws; the diagonal he plays to the left wing rarely fails although the straighter long balls he sometimes plays do not normally come off.
Hard to agree when 99% of the time we don't have a fucking left winger on the pitch!! :gylfi::avbcringe::lennon::avbshock::eriksenserious::avbshit::defoe::avblol::lamelashock::avbnaa::holtbytongue::avbmad::townhmm::avbfu:

So you are questioning AVB or another coach for not telling to stop being a footballer?

Back
Top Bottom