Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I really hope that Younes can prove his fitness in the next few weeks and get his place in the league team back. Hopefully then we will give him a new contract - the fact of him being available to a rival in 6 weeks on a pre contract Bosman scares me shitless!
Thought the club had a years option on his contract.. meaning if they take it up he's got another year.
If he was available in 6 weeks there would have been plenty of pre contract interest for him from abroad in the last window even given his injury!!.... there wasnt!

Thought the club had a years option on his contract.. meaning if they take it up he's got another year.
If he was available in 6 weeks there would have been plenty of pre contract interest for him from abroad in the last window even given his injury!!.... there wasnt!

I don't understand why people still think his contract expires this season, he's said himself he's contracted to 2015

I'm assuming that we will appeal Kabouls red card, but what hope have we got?

In my opinion none what so ever.. It was never a penalty and never a red card but the FA have a minuscule bit of evidence, which is enough to uphold the ban. Kaboul's hand touched Eto which is all they need to back the ref..

Perhaps we should take the Spammers desperate approach and threaten the FA with court action if they done over turn his ban..

The whole bloody appeal system is a farce.

You sound like David Gold.

I know what you mean though, we all know it was never a red but the FA will bottle it again and protect their own.
If the appeals procedure is so flawed, why are they allowed to carry on with it?
The FA appear untouchable and they seem a law unto themselves.

I'm assuming that we will appeal Kabouls red card, but what hope have we got?

In my opinion none what so ever.. It was never a penalty and never a red card but the FA have a minuscule bit of evidence, which is enough to uphold the ban. Kaboul's hand touched Eto which is all they need to back the ref..

Perhaps we should take the Spammers desperate approach and threaten the FA with court action if they done over turn his ban..

Unfortunately that poor decision ended the game for us. I expected to lose the game, but the way we lost it has left me feeling totally deflated.

You sound like David Gold.

I know what you mean though, we all know it was never a red but the FA will bottle it again and protect their own.
If the appeals procedure is so flawed, why are they allowed to carry on with it?
The FA appear untouchable and they seem a law unto themselves.
What irks me about the whole thing is that it's seen as a solution to poor referring decisions, when in reality all it is is a damage limitation exercise designed to reduce the subsequent hindrances. But referees pretty much do what they like and then shift the buck to the appeal stage, while the club itself inevitably has already suffered the loss of a game.

If the standard of referring were better there probably wouldn't be a need for constant appeals.

West Ham were clueless, Andy Carroll is a childish horse who gets away without getting sent off most games; I agree with how the FA handled that tbh.

It'll get overturned, don't worry

The red card won't be rescinded because the penalty was just about awardable by the laws of the game and from there it's open to interpretation (within reason) which card if any is given to the offending player.

Thought the penalty was harsh and definitely not a red card, but anyone might disagree. Shame for Younès as I was really hoping he'd pick back up after the injury, and he was good right up until the sending off, but I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for him to be back at his (2011-12) best.

All in all, even without a sending off, a 2-0 or 2-1 defeat would have been more palatable.
3rd and 4th goals were brain farts from Sandro and Kyle Walker. It happens when you have mentally given up.

This is done and dusted. Now we need to get a result and claw back our goal difference.

I felt sorry for Kaboul, but it was a plus that he's back on the pitch. It was pretty sad that the people who caused all of the goals are our best players.

They will bounce back.

I know its not easy playing with 10 men especially against a quality side like Chelsea but why the fuck do we always ended up getting out trousers pulled down and buggered big time?

I bet they'd have done us with them down to 8 fucking men and a make shift keeper.

I know its not easy playing with 10 men especially against a quality side like Chelsea but why the fuck do we always ended up getting out trousers pulled down and buggered big time?

I bet they'd have done us with them down to 8 fucking men and a make shift keeper.

It's just as Tim described it, lack of character. At the level of the Prem, and especially against a side with the quality of Chelsea, any mental switch off will be punished very quickly. Our goal differential against the top four of 2-23 while still being fifth says it all. We just give up so fuckin easily against the teams above us.

Why have we not Appealed the Red Card ?

This says it has been:
Meanwhile, Tottenham will appeal against the red card shown to Younes Kaboul at Stamford Bridge. The defender was sent off in the incident that led to the penalty which gave Chelsea their second goal but he appeared to have made little contact with Samuel Eto’o before the forward fell.

The Football Association were expecting to deliver their verdict tomorrow and if referee Michael Oliver’s decision is overturned, Kaboul would be free to play in Sunday’s derby against Woolwich at White Hart Lane.
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...iel-levy-after-chelsea-thrashing-9181507.html

Interesting take:

Meanwhile, former referee Dermot Gallagher believes Kaboul's red card for a challenge on Samuel Eto'o for the penalty incident was harsh.

Gallagher reckons match referee Michael Oliver was right to award the spot-kick but he feels Kaboul was not the last man and that Michael Dawson may well have cleared the ball coming off Eto'o.

"I can understand why he's given a penalty," Gallagher said. "I can't understand why he's given a red card. For me it's not a red card.

"The criteria is, is he in control of the ball or out to gain control of the ball quickly? I think, no. I think the ball is bouncing off his foot. Is he going towards goal? No. Is there a covering defender who can play the ball away? I think without doubt Dawson would sweep up."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...od-is-right-to-publicly-criticise-his-players

Back
Top Bottom