Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Or you could be kneejerking that he's lost his FANTASTIC aerial ability because of one game where American commentary mentioned he was being beaten in the air?

Fair play. People claiming Kaboul of all people has lost his aerial ability is a knee slapper/jerker.

I think it much more likely your favoritism clouded your vision than many posters here, the commentators, and Pochettino's apparent wish for a replacement all have it wrong.

Here you are on SC. One of the people that grinned themselves to death.
round2gibbs131.jpg
:adelol:

Or you could be kneejerking that he's lost his FANTASTIC aerial ability because of one game where American commentary mentioned he was being beaten in the air?

Fair play. People claiming Kaboul of all people has lost his aerial ability is a knee slapper/jerker.
You have been watching another player Gibbsy:
Come down from that cave your inhabiting and be a human being again.
Dudding people all the time is rubbish.

I think it much more likely your favoritism clouded your vision than many posters here, the commentators, and Pochettino's apparent wish for a replacement all have it wrong.

Many posters had him as a starter.

And do you have a link where Poch said he wants to replace Kaboul?

You have been watching another player Gibbsy:
Come down from that cave your inhabiting and be a human being again.
Dudding people all the time is rubbish.

Pretty sure the average bloke on the street knows Kaboul is good/powerful in the air.

I just don't write off his skills and strengths because of a period of the last game where he didn't win headers.

Many posters had him as a starter.

And do you have a link where Poch said he wants to replace Kaboul?

Oh so we're spending close to 20 million pounds on a backup, or furthermore a replacement for Vertonghen?

Of course they had him as a starter, because we have no one else at the moment who is better. Therefore, exactly why a man as experienced as Poch has convinced Levy to open his checkbook for a first choice option at the position.

I'm going to side with Gibbs on this debate, especially as a shitload of fuckers here are probably still scratching their heads as to why Kaboul is still around since his contract expired this summer.

Watched the game and thought 1 moment aside where he lost the ball he played well, sure not at 2011/12 level but let's give him a chance with a run of games shall we? Quick look at the stats and I don't see how Dier, Capoue or Rose get a free pass on the defensive side of their game but he doesn't.

I'm going to side with Gibbs on this debate, especially as a shitload of fuckers here are probably still scratching their heads as to why Kaboul is still around since his contract expired this summer.

Watched the game and thought 1 moment aside where he lost the ball he played well, sure not at 2011/12 level but let's give him a chance with a run of games shall we? Quick look at the stats and I don't see how Dier, Capoue or Rose get a free pass on the defensive side of their game but he doesn't.

My case is not that it's a comparative issue of how he was singled out, although I don't think Rose did any worse than him at all. My point is simply that he shows the signs of a player with permanent scarring where once cartilage was, and I don't find it surprising at all that the club has been actively pursuing a first choice center back this summer in lieu of his fitness concerns, and especially once the high press is successfully implemented.

My case is not that it's a comparative issue of how he was singled out, although I don't think Rose did any worse than him at all. My point is simply that he shows the signs of a player with permanent scarring where once cartilage was, and I don't find it surprising at all that the club has been actively pursuing a first choice center back this summer in lieu of his fitness concerns, and especially once the high press is successfully implemented.

Explain what you're seeing as obviously not a doctor.

Pretty sure the average bloke on the street knows Kaboul is good/powerful in the air.

I just don't write off his skills and strengths because of a period of the last game where he didn't win headers.
I undertsand what you are saying but the majority of quotes I have seen on forums indicate that he was very slow and could not keep with his man. I dont doubt the players committment but he will have to quicken up and I hope that happens.

he shows the signs of a player with permanent scarring where once cartilage was.

Pretty specific stuff there.
Strange how Poch would risk him since it's his debut game and he's saved players that have actual niggling injuries from playing like walker. I mean he would not risk Jan etc because they very slightly possibly not match fit

Why would he play someone literally not fit?

I undertsand what you are saying but the majority of quotes I have seen on forums indicate that he was very slow and could not keep with his man. I dont doubt the players committment but he will have to quicken up and I hope that happens.

Kab isn't very slow. I just can't agree.

For a central defender speed isn't his problem. He's a great cb IMO and our problem is the wings. We need to stem the flow of balls that cut us apart.

Davies on the left and Walker on the right is what our beleaguered cd's need. If Dier can play on the right then he should while wLjer is out. I doubt anyone we can sign can be as good as vert and he looked like a second div defender chasing his tail last season because our wings are making us a laughing stock.

So much space it's a bad joke.

Last edited:
Pretty specific stuff there.
Strange how Poch would risk him since it's his debut game and he's saved players that have actual niggling injuries from playing like walker. I mean he would not risk Jan etc because they very slightly possibly not match fit

Why would he play someone literally not fit?

It's "specific" because it is my field.

Over the course of history, many, many players have been played without being 100% fit. Our own Ledley King is a prime example. Far too many factors, such as players available, have to be taken into account. Simply because a player plays does not mean they are necessarily entirely fit.

The difference between Kaboul's injury and Walker's is that Walker's is likely muscular or bone (pelvic), and therefore regenerative while conversely easily exacerbated, while Kaboul's is scar tissue that will never repair due to the properties of that tissue. The damage is already done, so it's not a matter of "preserving" him as it is with Walker while he rests.

Explain what you're seeing as obviously not a doctor.

If you don't mind, I'll requote this one:

There are various gauges of "speed" mi amigo. Of which, there are outright velocity, agility, and acceleration. Velocity is much more dependent on muscle than the ligaments and bones, and as such Kaboul with his scarred meniscus does not have his top speed velocity affected as much. However, his acceleration, agility on the turn, nimbleness, and jump have all rather visibly been affected, and are logically so with his injury as they are each much more dependent on the integrity of the bones and ligaments than outright velocity is.

It's "specific" because it is my field.

Over the course of history, many, many players have been played without being 100% fit. Our own Ledley King is a prime example. Far too many factors, such as players available, have to be taken into account. Simply because a player plays does not mean they are necessarily entirely fit.

The difference between Kaboul's injury and Walker's is that Walker's is likely muscular or bone (pelvic), and therefore regenerative while conversely easily exacerbated, while Kaboul's is scar tissue that will never repair due to the properties of that tissue. The damage is already done, so it's not a matter of "preserving" him as it is with Walker while he rests.

So if Kaboul has a similar irreparable cartilage condition like Ledley: why is he not getting his fitness training in a swimming pool and not taking part in training sessions like Ledley did?

Also you better tell the surgeons because his surgery was to clean up his patellar tendon. It was the connecting tendon that was his injury.

knee_acl_patellar_tendon_anatomy03.jpg

He had jumpers knee and had surgery to fix it years ago.

Ledders cartilage was eroded/gone. COMPLETELY different area.

Poch is a taskmaster. 3 even 4 training sessions a day and a full preseason and he started with Kaboul. Not exactly water wings and ice packs for Kaboul.

Last edited:
So if Kaboul has a similar irreparable cartilage condition like Ledley: why is he not getting his fitness training in a swimming pool and not taking part in training sessions like Ledley did?

Also you better tell the surgeons because his surgery was to clean up his patellar tendon. It was the connecting tendon that was his injury.

knee_acl_patellar_tendon_anatomy03.jpg

He had jumpers knee and had surgery to fix it years ago.

Ledders cartilage was eroded/gone. COMPLETELY different area.

Poch is a taskmaster. 3 even 4 training sessions a day and a full preseason and he started with Kaboul. Not exactly water wings and ice packs for Kaboul.

:paulinhofacepalm:

I didn't say they had the same injury, Gibbs, I merely pointed to an obvious example of another player who played despite not being 100% fit.

Back
Top Bottom