Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't assume pistachio is a better player than Kaboul. You've probably hardly seen him play. You've already decided he's better in the prem than Kaboul which is presumptuous.

But my MAIN point is even if he is a better player than Kaboul (he could be) he will still look terrible like Jan did with thick wingers/wingbacks like Rose, Lennon, Townsend and Naughton watching the ball and not his back.

I live in San Diego, surrounded by people that speak Spanish and watch Liga MX and La Liga religiously. Trust me, I've seen him play. Now, I've never really analyzed him to the degree that I do with Spurs, but that doesn't stop me from being confident that he would do well in the PL.

I'm not sure why you expect wing backs to cover center backs. Is Rose supposed to drop back and play sweeper?? That's just flat out not how the game is played anymore. Kaboul should be a fucking rock and one of two players before Lloris. He should be extremely strong in the air, and his passing should be excellent. He had amongst the worst passing percentage of the entire team.

So every player that ever started on opening day, smack dab in the middle of the most active month of the transfer window (and especially at Spurs where we usually leave business for right at the end), was 100% fit and intended to be first choice after all is said and done? Is that really what you believe, Gibbs? And you think it's me that's "ignoring the evidence?"
Herein lies part of the perennial problem. Who knows what bargain basement stuff Levy is planning? One year it's Frazier "fucking" Campbell, the next it's the best part of £100 million on umpteen new players. I have an issue with this perennial brinksmanship. Yes, Levy sits on a huge wad & then sanctions last minute transfers- he is paid to get the best deals out there to keep the books sweet. BUT...it is self fulfilling prophecy. The players that come in at the last minute, take time to adjust to new surroundings. By the time they have got their act together, we are getting injuries & dropping points- so they look like last minute bargains off a car boot sale. Panic button-from Levy- manager out, new bloke in with new ideas & targets for signings- back to Levy, who does what?

Herein lies part of the perennial problem. Who knows what bargain basement stuff Levy is planning? One year it's Frazier "fucking" Campbell, the next it's the best part of £100 million on umpteen new players. I have an issue with this perennial brinksmanship. Yes, Levy sits on a huge wad & then sanctions last minute transfers- he is paid to get the best deals out there to keep the books sweet. BUT...it is self fulfilling prophecy. The players that come in at the last minute, take time to adjust to new surroundings. By the time they have got their act together, we are getting injuries & dropping points- so they look like last minute bargains off a car boot sale. Panic button-from Levy- manager out, new bloke in with new ideas & targets for signings- back to Levy, who does what?

Completely agree. I'd love to see this changed, and was happy to see us make several key signings last summer before the season started and thought it maybe indicative of change (and woh holy shit Levy, behold, we actually bagged some points!). Nonetheless, we still made three signings on the last weekend in the window last year, and look to still not be done with business now after opening weekend. I get there are whole slews of factors I don't know, but it's frustrating how we still seem to be the only ones so adamantly doing it.

So every player that ever started on opening day, smack dab in the middle of the most active month of the transfer window (and especially at Spurs where we usually leave business for right at the end), was 100% fit and intended to be first choice after all is said and done? Is that really what you believe, Gibbs? And you think it's me that's "ignoring the evidence?"

What evidence do I have? Poch saying he's happy with what he has and there won't be major signings. And he played Kaboul. Proof positive.

What evidence do you have? Apart from your track record of Ade, Paulinho, Sandro, MS and various other players you presumed would be moved on or brought in to build a better squad didn't come to fruition? So far so bad. Still clutching to itk and paper talk about players?

But here you are again trying to convince the forum that lev is writing a massive check for a small cb with no prem experience.

With your track record, I won't hold my breath. I'd like to see you get one though. You'll rally and ban the shit out of me if MS, Kono, your striker, your mythical deep lying midfielder, and two centerbacks you fapped over never came. One cb went to Liverpool, and now you have your eggs in an Argentinian basket.

Like I said, I'll feel bad for you if you don't get a single slot filled so I'm rooting for you fellah.

But I'm good. I've got the left back I wanted that you said was not our priority, and like me poch seems to have faith in Kane and Ade being played, plus two solid players Bentaleb and Capoue on the pitch etc.

You acted like all sorts of transfers were done deals and they fizzled to nothing. You even questioned my sanity that I didn't believe many of our players were leaving.

So yeah. In not going to trust you on one more grass is greener must have. But I hope it comes together for you.

Completely agree. I'd love to see this changed, and was happy to see us make several key signings last summer before the season started and thought it maybe indicative of change (and woh holy shit Levy, behold, we actually bagged some points!). Nonetheless, we still made three signings on the last weekend in the window last year, and look to still not be done with business now after opening weekend. I get there are whole slews of factors I don't know, but it's frustrating how we still seem to be the only ones so adamantly doing it.
Right. I see a lot of criticism of the January window- we are notoriously silent then-apart from has beens on free transfers iirc. Maybe players come at a premium then but if it makes the difference in getting 4th...it is money well spent. If we don't get the targets the manager wants, & Levy wants to continually leave it until it's basically too late, then we never move to the next level, create the revenue needed to sustain a challenge in all competitions season after season, & Levy pulls the trigger on the next poor cunt who failed to deliver his unrealistic expectations because of Levy's very own penny pinching policy

Last edited:
What evidence do I have? Poch saying he's happy with what he has and there won't be major signings. And he played Kaboul. Proof positive.

What evidence do you have? Apart from your track record of Ade, Paulinho, Sandro, MS and various other players you presumed would be moved on or brought in to build a better squad didn't come to fruition? So far so bad. Still clutching to itk and paper talk about players?

But here you are again trying to convince the forum that lev is writing a massive check for a small cb with no prem experience.

With your track record, I won't hold my breath. I'd like to see you get one though. You'll rally and ban the shit out of me if MS, Kono, your striker, your mythical deep lying midfielder, and two centerbacks you fapped over never came. One cb went to Liverpool, and now you have your eggs in an Argentinian basket.

Like I said, I'll feel bad for you if you don't get a single slot filled so I'm rooting for you fellah.

But I'm good. I've got the left back I wanted that you said was not our priority, and like me poch seems to have faith in Kane and Ade being played, plus two solid players Bentaleb and Capoue on the pitch etc.

You acted like all sorts of transfers were done deals and they fizzled to nothing. You even questioned my sanity that I didn't believe many of our players were leaving.

So yeah. In not going to trust you on one more grass is greener must have. But I hope it comes together for you.

Woh, calm your bewbs there fella. All sorts of your own fabricated and misinterpreted stuff in here on top of oblivious failures to notice other events and information. I think we're done here if you're gonna back down that road.

Woh, calm your bewbs there fella. All sorts of your own fabricated and misinterpreted stuff in here on top of oblivious failures to notice other events and information. I think we're done here if you're gonna back down that road.

How many transfers have you tried to convince me need to happen? This seems to be another based off papers.

You mentioned ignoring evidence. You have a track record of embracing paper talk.

You just mentioned poch has convinced lev to get a get check out with an eye to replace Kaboul.

I didn't believe shit you made up about lev taking care of Ade which you guaranteed me was going to happen. So why should I believe you on this one?

How many transfers have you tried to convince me need to happen? This seems to be another based off papers.

You mentioned ignoring evidence. You have a track record of embracing paper talk.

You just mentioned poch has convinced lev to get a get check out with an eye to replace Kaboul.

I didn't believe shit you made up about lev taking care of Ade which you guaranteed me was going to happen. So why should I believe you on this one?

Haha that's entirely fine if you don't want to believe me, and believe whatever you want about the other stuff as quite clearly after the last few months and all these ruined threads you've made it abundantly clear you make your own world and own interpretations of words and facts, and have never shown any sign of deviating from them.

I'm about to have a badass reuben for dinner, and I hope you enjoy your own dinner if you haven't had one yet. Cheers!

Jesus Gibbsy mate. You make some pretty good points - then go fuck yourself up the arse with personal vendettas. Let's just see who is right after
1. The transfer window closes
2. We have seen a few more games under a new manager with a new ethos.
Mate. I do sympathise with you because you are very passionate in your views. I agree with some of your comments. But these arguments for the sake of arguing do get wearied

Jesus Gibbsy mate. You make some pretty good points - then go fuck yourself up the arse with personal vendettas. Let's just see who is right after
1. The transfer window closes
2. We have seen a few more games under a new manager with a new ethos.
Mate. I do sympathise with you because you are very passionate in your views. I agree with some of your comments. But these arguments for the sake of arguing do get wearied

He brought up his credibility and evidence. I question his track record where he has made bold claims on board room decisions in the past on spurs players.

He brought up his credibility and evidence. I question his track record where he has made bold claims on board room decisions in the past on spurs players.
I ain't getting involved in minutiae (pube splitting)
I enjoy reading the banter between you gits & I really think you both make valid points. Can you just have a week's ceasefire & enjoy...WE FUCKED SPAM.

Another thread ruined by Gibbs I'm guessing, seeing as about half the posts from the last 5 pages are hidden. Guessing he still knows fuck all about football.

Another thread ruined by Gibbs I'm guessing, seeing as about half the posts from the last 5 pages are hidden. Guessing he still knows fuck all about football.

Well you guessed wro....

Don't talk shit he's a beas.....

Well there are concerns over his fitness, and he did have a poor gam.......

Badger IMO at th.....

I've been saying this for years and yea.......

Countryfile says that it is unaffected by the .......

Not without a injection of real pac........

Gassing is too good for th....

Useless cunt........

Little black and white disease ridden cow kille.....

No, you are. Eric Dier is a right....

Back if he has to b.....

If they were blue and white, I'd love them even mor....

Nature is so cruel.......

You fucking twat, Len Badger played RB for Sheffield Utd. No assists in his whole caree....

I stand corrected......

Tiny badgy dancing cunt. Kill....

Creepy, I'm in xxxxxx

Well you guessed wro....

Badger IMO at th.....

Useless cunt........

Back if he has to b.....

You fucking twat, Len Badger played RB for Sheffield Utd. No assists in his whole caree....

I stand corrected......

Creepy, I'm in xxxxxx

images

Oh gibbsy you spangly cunt. Is that your best shot? I thought a troll of your expertise could come up with something a little better than that lol.

What am I supposed to say to your post? You are an unhinged, damaged and creepy. What I am supposed to do with this:

"Well you guessed wro....

Badger IMO at th.....

Useless cunt........

Back if he has to b.....

I stand corrected......

Creepy, I'm in xxxxxx"

Back
Top Bottom