Younès Kaboul

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You mean Townsend dribbled, looked flashy and took shots?

Kinda what he always does. Nothing ever comes of it. He did it all fucking season.

100s of crosses, shots and through balls and not a single goal or prem assist to show for it bar a scuffed cross that went in.

Townsend threatened? No shit? Color me amazed. It's that flashy shit that keeps Lamela, eriksen or holtby on the bench.

Mugged.

Lamela, Eriksen and Holtby all played. The first two were basically irrelevant throughout their time on the pitch. It's undeniable that the substitutions played a massive part in our winning the game (obviously, as a sub provided the assist).

Stoke and Burnley don't have Ade, Kane, Lamela and Eriksen.

FFS. Our DMs are better than their wingers and strikers.

Anyway, we play TERRIBLE FOOTBALL with the tiny dancers. Not sure how AVB era can be any more ugly after bale left.

"It's no use just winning, we've got to win well."

Stop talking about AVB. He's gone. There's a reason he's gone and that quote is part of it. If you became manager and implemented you're ideas you're no better than the man you hate so much.

You mean Townsend dribbled, looked flashy and took shots?

Kinda what he always does. Nothing ever comes of it. He did it all fucking season.

100s of crosses, shots and through balls and not a single goal or prem assist to show for it bar a scuffed cross that went in.

Townsend threatened? No shit? Color me amazed. It's that flashy shit that keeps Lamela, eriksen or holtby on the bench.

Mugged.

I'm not saying Townsend is a better player, but in that game, Lamela was disappointing (not interested in your explanation, as I'm sure we've seen it all before) and Townsend's arrival drove the opposition back. Regardless of the quality of it, he forced those defenders back into their box and it allowed our side more space to push up the pitch (including Ade's run that snagged Collins).

Stoke and Burnley don't have Ade, Kane, Lamela and Eriksen.

FFS. Our DMs are better than their wingers and strikers.

Anyway, we play TERRIBLE FOOTBALL with the tiny dancers. Not sure how AVB era can be any more ugly after bale left.
My point, which you continually refuse to address, is: why do you think Lamela deserves to start when he is quite clearly not your type of player? He has a great deal of potential, but, let's be honest, he's not a game-changer. C'mon man I'm going against the grain here - something you say I never do - but when I do, I cain't get yoor attenshun. Don't believe it yourself 'bro gibbs - ah seen that defence beyfower!!!

It was a good cross. Does not mean he's a patch on Eriksen re creativity.

When did I say Soldado is on par with Eriksen for creativity?

I agree with you we don't have a left winger that is really of the calibre we need. I doubt Chadli comes good (or that he'll even stay on the team) and otherwise you've got Lennon and Townsend. Soldado can play the position and it's been proven just as many times as Kaboul playing RB has been.

Except it doesn't work like that. Go watch the old Stoke or West ham or Burnley if you want an example. Holding up the ball all the time like that just slows up play and that's when you get AVB style. The real AVB style that involves slow moving and rigid tactics, not the tiny dancers that you so often refer to. I don't know how long you've been supporting this club but you are going against everything this club with your ideas. Bill Nicholson would call you an idiot. The one thing this club does right is attack with flair and pace. That's the whole reason why everybody hated AVB and he was sacked. If you want to support a club full of bullies and thugs, go over to the east side of London or over to any of the other places I mentioned in my second sentence.

Ade, Kane, eriksen and Lamela are bullies and thugs?

Jan? = a rolls royce. Capoue? He can play. Bentaleb? He can play.

We have 2 throwback players. Beast and daws.Dembele our dm, looks like poetry on the ball.

My point, which you continually refuse to address, is: why do you think Lamela deserves to start when he is quite clearly not your type of player? He has a great deal of potential, but, let's be honest, he's not a game-changer. C'mon man I'm going against the grain here - something you say I never do - but when I do, I cain't get yoor attenshun. Don't believe it yourself 'bro gibbs - ah seen that defence beyfower!!!

Because he can finish and plays with his head up is the short version.

Ade, Kane, eriksen and Lamela are bullies and thugs?

Jan? = a rolls royce. Capoue? He can play. Bentaleb? He can play.

We have 2 throwback players. Beast and daws.Dembele our dm, looks like poetry on the ball.
"In my lineups [Eriksen and Lamela] are surrounded by players who straight up murder the opposition...."
"Ade,Kane.....are bullies and thugs?"
Keep talking, you'll just continue to contradict yourself. I don't even have to argue really. You continually talking out of your ass does it for me.

Not when he has the ball he doesn't - he looks at his ankles. I fear he is going to be a huge flop. A little niggly player that is trying very hard. Really hope I'm wrong.

I predicted it would happen before the game because it was AVB era mistakes.

I want change. It's not working now.

Undeniable one lump of a player got a spammer sent off and one lump of a player created an assist scored by another lump of a player.

Alright, I'm fucking done with this shit Gibbs. What fucking club do you actually watch? You're now saying that Adebayor is a lump of a player. That Kane is a lump of a player. That Dier is a lump of a player.

Fuck you. Go bother other people.

Undeniable one lump of a player got a spammer sent off and one lump of a player created an assist scored by another lump of a player.
Oh stop it with your lumps. We might as well have Eric Pickles and Fred Emery up top, and 4 really fat geezers standing on the goal line - no one would ever get through. Madman.

"In my lineups [Eriksen and Lamela] are surrounded by players who straight up murder the opposition...."
"Ade,Kane.....are bullies and thugs?"
Keep talking, you'll just continue to contradict yourself. I don't even have to argue really. You continually talking out of your ass does it for me.

You know you can be hard in the challenge and skillful right?

Jesus Christ haha.

But you choose to completely ignore the merits of the smaller players in that match? What is your issue with a specific demographic? Your vitriol against them would almost suggest that a smaller, sleeker dude banged the chick you had a crush on in high school.

Look around Europe man, no one is succeeding off the back of a "spine of units" and "battering rams" with a couple cute flicky players buzzing around in free roles around them. They succeed with structure in possession, creativity, and movement. We're struggling at the moment with some of these categories, yes, but it isn't simply because these players are small. The proof is all around you, but as you admit yourself you only watch Spurs and as such are unaware of the evidence against your plight.

Back
Top Bottom