Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'll be the one. Kane is to blame for the lack of a win here. You can't get that many chances on goal and not score once. Had that been Janssen he would have been hung from a lamppost outside of Wembley.

Last edited:
Here's a silver lining for you all: If we do manage to win this game it will be our best start to a season under Poch. Winning 2 and losing 1 early on is better than going unbeaten with too many draws.

I see the usual negative nancies are joined by the melter brigade today.

This was NOT a terrible performance. We were slow today but we still controlled large parts of the game. Wembley is in the back of the players' minds but I think fans have to take responsibility. It was deadly quiet here for the first half of the game. The crowd picked up second half and so did the players. Then they started fucking off ten minutes from the end for the train and the players became more wobbly. Not saying it was the only cause, but it really annoyed me sitting here seeing more and more red seats appearing before the final whistle. The crowd need to do our bit and I think if we do thyme the players will find the Wembley adjustment easier. We need to do that as well to rebutt the Wembley curse bullshit coming out of the press.

Anyhow, as usual I have to be the voice of reason against the din of the drama queens. People forget that last season we had wobbly form early on. We're not at WHL and expectations should be managed. Three games in and our form isn't poor, it's average. We wee by no means awful today. A top four finish will be a good season for us when you factor in the loss of WHL. Any idiot who has set themselves up for winning the title should stop and have a look at themselves. We are perfectly fine and on course for a top for finish. We are only three games in and we have taken 50% of the points available and lost most of those points to the reigning champions and the team that beat the champions two weeks ago. It's not like we never dropped that amount of points earlier season last year, even if it was a while before a loss. Remember all the draws. If we get to eight or ten games and we are still dropping 50% of the points, then I can understand negativity and melting. But after three games, only one of which we lost, it's ridiculous. You lot should get off your arses, get to a fucking game and support your team if you're that fucking bothered about it, instead of sitting in your underpants crying foul.

Anyhow, now to find the quickest way home to settle down for tonight's Arse Fan TV....
1gDMvBo.gif

Sorry, but I just can't stand the early season melting and negativity. Some of these cunts read like they're straight off Arse Fan TV. More interested in banging on about how the heavens are falling and it's all a disaster than supporting their team.
When we go into the new season with a weaker squad than that which finished the last, a transfer profit of 40million, pick up 4 points from a possible 9, and can't beat Burnley at home, we have every right to melt. We are not the cunts here, we are supporters rightly pissed off by our club once again showing complacency rather than ambition.

Full backs weren't great again, Eriksen poor, but Harry still fluffed 3 chances to get a win similar to the Newcastle one, should have finished them off and we would be all happy

Just missing a step, some green shoots (the CB's, Dier and Hugo back in business) but we are starting slow, but not going backwards like Woolwich, 4th with no home ground will be great, we'll be fighting Liverpool all season long

We'll get into our stride in the autumn as ever, but shame we havent picked up the Chelsea draw and the burnley win, we should have

That's what happened yesterday, I doubt if Swansea will be any different. The club sold too many ST's, but they've got the money so why should they care?

What worries me most was another poster on this site yesterday was saying how the Park Lane side of Wembley in block 135 people where trying to sing and stand as normal but a bunch of west stand supporters where there and started telling people to be quiet and sit down and cheering when a steward started threateneing to kick people out.

We all knew what happened with West Ham, the club have been long forewarned that certain types of supporter need to go to certain places. If the club have ignore this and just took the money the I will be pissed off.

Also if you are in the Park Lane or Shelf equivalent of Wembley and you want a quiet opera type game can you please fuck off to the west stand.

But... but... wasn't Trippier our first choice right back last season? Hadn't we cunningly duped Manchester City by selling them the inferior player?

And well played for leaving all our signings till the last moment because those dropped points won't be important

This game was all about poor game management. Into the last 5 mins you have dominated without carving open a dogged Burnley team. You haven't played well but you've got the goal. Fuck it just do what they did to us in the first half. Two banks of four, sit deep solid shape, play out time. Instead, we continued to press high and left ourselves wide open at the back and went to pieces ball possession wise at the end. We looked so naive in the last 5 mins, same as after we'd equalised against Chelsea.

Our game management is hopeless and that is down to one man.

Now it's not that I don't appreciate all he has done for us and I'd prefer his brand of football any day. But there is no way a Mourinho or Conte team doesn't see out that game 1-0 and there's the reason we are struggling to turn our impressive seasons into silverware under Poch.

You're a supporter? You may be a fan, but whether you're a supporter is questionable.

All hail King Salmon, the decider of fandom and supporterkin. Your feelings are invalid, unless the King validates them for you. You are so far up your arse that you make the fantasies of many Gays seem meek.

Back
Top Bottom