Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Here's a silver lining for you all: If we do manage to win this game it will be our best start to a season under Poch. Winning 2 and losing 1 early on is better than going unbeaten with too many draws.

Here's a silver lining for you all: If we do manage to win this game it will be our best start to a season under Poch. Winning 2 and losing 1 early on is better than going unbeaten with too many draws.
Cracking point.......6pts from three games instead of 5pts last year..

And the first defeat monkey off four backs

For this one I'd play Dier as DM and drop big Vic to the bench. He made a lot of mistakes the other day and his head didn't seem in it.

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Davies
Dembele
Dier
Eriksen
Alli
Son
Kane

For me anything else is too defensive at home Vs Burnley

For this one I'd play Dier as DM and drop big Vic to the bench. He made a lot of mistakes the other day and his head didn't seem in it.

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Davies
Dembele
Dier
Eriksen
Alli
Son
Kane

Agree. Certainly don't need a back 3 for Burnley.

Please no flags this week.......need a sense of normality being at Wembley

The only flags that should be on show are the kind you see in the slop. The little plastic fuck about ones makes me feel like I'm at a funfair more than a football match. No more poxy flags please, it was nice to do to show our love for the lane but no more, just big fuck off intimidating flags for our new South stand once it opens

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Davies
Dembele
Dier
Eriksen
Alli
Son
Kane

why not keep the shape and swap him for the more creative Winks? With Moose alongside there will be enough steel in the middle

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Davies
Dembele
Dier
Eriksen
Alli
Son
Kane

Would play Walker-Peters in this one as not sure Trippier is fully fit.

I predict we will approach this the same as every other game, professionally and with determination to win. I am sure we will win. If Burnley let their heads drop after conceding then they could be in trouble because I think our players will want to let out their frustration at the Chelsea result. So either 2-0 or 5-0 depending on Burnley.

Lloris
Trippier
Alderweireld
Vertonghen
Davies
Dembele
Dier
Eriksen
Alli
Son
Kane

I agree with this lineup especially after a loss.

We need Son to start for sure as we have seen in the past 2 games. If he is not on the field we don't have any pace or speed. Eriksen will benefit the most if Son is on the pitch.

- Lloris -
- Dier Alderweireld Vertonghen -
- Trippier Wanyama Dembele Davies -
- Dele Eriksen -
- Kane -​

We have played our best football in a 3-4-2-1, and it's gives us the width we need on the Wembley pitch. We've battered Chelsea twice in this formation, and Burnley won't be able to defend like they did.

Give Sanchez the international break to get used to the team and work ethic of Poch.

So they've sold Grey and Keane, haven't replaced Keane and bought in Chris Wood to replace Grey. Anyone seen Wood play, any good?

My best mate is Leeds and liked Wood a lot but said he is no better than Vokes up top, apparently Wood missed 4 sitters for Burnley midweek

#ITK

My best mate is Leeds and liked Wood a lot but said he is no better than Vokes up top, apparently Wood missed 4 sitters for Burnley midweek

#ITK
giphy.gif

So they've sold Grey and Keane, haven't replaced Keane and bought in Chris Wood to replace Grey. Anyone seen Wood play, any good?

watched a few leeds games last year, he's a decent striker but most likely follow the Jordan Rhodes career of smashing the championship and struggling in the prem. Lets hope so for his first game at least :)

Back
Top Bottom