Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

ShutUpPatrik

Supporter
Not sure if toxic positivity, or positively toxic?
Right. The plastics game is done. Onto the next one.

I hope we come out of the gates like a pack of hungry wolves for this one. No quarter. Time to get rolling.

Burnley are no mugs, they showed that against Chelsea (granted they had nine men) Also, this maybe their first trip to Wembley.

However, we play like we did today and we should win this. I expect a couple of new faces in but only Sanchez coming in to start. Wanyama with another full weeks fitness in him.

Lloris
Sanchez Alderweireld Vertonghen
Trippier Wanyama Dembele Davies
Eriksen Dele
Kane

Easy Burnley win coming up.

A lovely big day out for them with no stress, while our lot are desperate and hopeless at Wembley.

I'm going to this one, very excited. I think if we play like we did against Chelsea then we'll win - barring an individual performance or two I thought we were excellent and quite unlucky.

I think we'll go three at the back for this one so that the wingbacks can push right up. The Wembley pitch is big and Burnley like to play narrow so the wings will be the place to try and beat them. This sort of game is made for Trippier in my opinion. I'd go something like:

Lloris

Sanchez (Dier if unavailable)
Alderweireld
Vertonghen

Trippier
Dier (Wanyama if no Sanchez)
Dembele
Davies

Eriksen
Kane
Dele

Winks on for Dembele after 60 mins if we're losing or drawing - his range of passing could be the key to unlocking the defence if Dembele's dribbling hasn't quite done it yet. Maybe Son on for Sanchez or Wanyama (depending who plays) and a switch to 4231 if we're still struggling by 70 mins.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom