Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my experience, the new ST's I've met, they are absolutely buzzing to there. The old STH's are the miserable fucks, miserable at WHL, miserable at Wembley. In fact I'll be so bold as to say 100% of the new STH's I've met are excited and positive and 100% of the WHL STH's have something they are meaning about, be that legitimate reasons like ticketing or plan old player hate. I'm thankful that the miserable fat cunt and his Mrs who took up four seats who sat two rows behind me at The Lane are nowhere to be seen, as is the fella who used to shout "noooooo forwards" in a stained drawn out grant as if he was constipated every 120 seconds throughout the entire game. Whilst my bit I'm in sits down, the entire block sings!! It's on the whole really good.

So who are the non-attendees? Old school or new kids on the block? At least if you don't turn up you can't boo the team.

Why do people who were at the game have so many conflicting accounts? Is it so difficult to establish whether there was booing or not? I suspect it was isolated and Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 was in a block where it was quite strong - there's no other explanation for it.

Are you sure 5 people constitutes a statistical sample?

Sorry, I'm sleep deprived, sleepless, feverish, high on multiple antibiotics and fucking bored.
I recon I've spoken with 25 or 30 people in circumference arround me (never did that at the Lane) and apart from 5 people in my row all bar a couple (from Park Lane upper) are new STH's.

You didn't think there was any loyalty in football now then. The Perrymans and Gerrard's are long gone. We won't see that like again. If the TV companies didn't dish out so much £ the players couldn't demand s figure. Incidentally, Spurs weren't on TV Sunday so why the 4pm ko?
Hopefully Kane will stick around! Give them something to stay for, and they'll stay.

We were on late because of the rugby the day before

there was a widespread boo at the final whistle, think more through disappointment at the result. It wasn't sustained and no chants or anything like that it did take me back a bit though.
That was my impression too. The booing was fairly widespread but very short-lived, but as brumspur brumspur says I think it was a result of a last minute equalizer that everyone could see coming. Not sinister but shocking nonetheless.

Does anyone know why Dele looked so glum after scoring? I must've missed something.

I think it was because he'd been getting frustrated before that. Lots of arm waving and shouting at team mates. Not much was coming off for him, including the fact that his goal was a rebound from his first shot being blocked on the line. He's like a kid in the playground who just wants to prove he's better then the rest.

Ok not a popular opinion but I was livid watching that and I understand the boos.

The game is over, they were supported on the pitch and will be next week.

It wasn't good enough, and people have paid lots of money and made lots of effort and are already frustrated at Wembley after 2 games.

Modern football is a two way thing. It's not only "new" fans, there is also a new generation of footballers who seem to only care about who will pay them "what I'm worth", but will never die for the shirt. Because it's the paycheck that drives them.

We know for a fact there is an element of it at the club, and personally speaking, I don't trust any of them in terms of loving it here and this family thing that seemed so strong just a few months back. It sad.

Players need to show their talent and desire for 90 minutes. Sorry, but this money issue for me has taken away the right to play shit.

I'd rather the fans booed once than went on twitter and chatted shit directly.

Ok we drew, at home against Burnley-we could've done better but why the long face?

200.gif

Spurs have maybe 7 first team players, and Eriksen, Dier, Trippier, Ben Davis, are reserves. Erikssen is annoying as he has first team ability but has such low work rate and does not try hard enough.
But if Harry Kane has an off day Tottenham don't win - in other words, Spurs are a 1-man team!

Spurs have maybe 7 first team players, and Eriksen, Dier, Trippier, Ben Davis, are reserves. Erikssen is annoying as he has first team ability but has such low work rate and does not try hard enough.
But if Harry Kane has an off day Tottenham don't win - in other words, Spurs are a 1-man team!
Eriksen is one of our hardest working players and despite a relatively poor performance against Burnley he's probably been our best player so far this season. Trippier and Davies are both quality although I don't think a back four really suits Trippier's game as he's unable to push up so high. Barring last season's game against Liverpool Davies has been quality and filled in for Danny Rose as we went on our best run of form all season. Dier is one of our most versatile players, as good as Wanyama in the middle (although in slightly different ways - making us more flexible) and has a fantastic attitude as well. I don't think you've been fair in your assessment of any of them here.

It's fair to say that when Kane is playing well the rest of the team plays well though. Having a world class striker on top form will do that for any team!

Put a bet on us to win even though I knew deep down we weren't going to get a result. Have since given up gambling.

I don't think this season is going to be a total disaster but I am fully expecting to drop out of the top four and would accept anywhere between fifth and seventh as a decent season under the circumstances. Told this to my Toon mate and he told me to shut the fuck up, we're going to have another above-average season and I'll be crowing come May. Well, he was bang-on last season... Honestly saw us finishing 6th or lower.

I know nothing about football.
I predicted us to finish fourth last season and fifth the one before that; I was two places out both times. This season I predicted third so let's hope I continue to predict two below what we eventually get! I can't see it at the moment, but I still think top four is a possibility. It may be that some of us need to revise our expectations of what is a good outcome for this season at Wembley.

Back
Top Bottom