Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

That was a choke job at it's finest. Anyone saying playing at Wembley doesn't make a difference is deluded.
Probably finish 2nd or 5th, just needing those few extra points to push us over the edge. And where are they? Lost on stupid late fucking goals like this. 4 points throw away in the last 2 games due to late, late goals and stupid fucking mistakes. It's pathetic.
We literally stopped playing at 80th minute.

Embarrassing
this is simply unacceptable... sort this shit out, Poch
What a fucking shambles that was. Embarrassing. Man of the match, Bill Madrid Bill Madrid for the sweet stream.
absolutely no defending trippiers performance today. one of the worst I think I've seen in a Spurs shirt.

I see the usual negative nancies are joined by the melter brigade today.

This was NOT a terrible performance. We were slow today but we still controlled large parts of the game. Wembley is in the back of the players' minds but I think fans have to take responsibility. It was deadly quiet here for the first half of the game. The crowd picked up second half and so did the players. Then they started fucking off ten minutes from the end for the train and the players became more wobbly. Not saying it was the only cause, but it really annoyed me sitting here seeing more and more red seats appearing before the final whistle. The crowd need to do our bit and I think if we do thyme the players will find the Wembley adjustment easier. We need to do that as well to rebutt the Wembley curse bullshit coming out of the press.

Anyhow, as usual I have to be the voice of reason against the din of the drama queens. People forget that last season we had wobbly form early on. We're not at WHL and expectations should be managed. Three games in and our form isn't poor, it's average. We wee by no means awful today. A top four finish will be a good season for us when you factor in the loss of WHL. Any idiot who has set themselves up for winning the title should stop and have a look at themselves. We are perfectly fine and on course for a top for finish. We are only three games in and we have taken 50% of the points available and lost most of those points to the reigning champions and the team that beat the champions two weeks ago. It's not like we never dropped that amount of points earlier season last year, even if it was a while before a loss. Remember all the draws. If we get to eight or ten games and we are still dropping 50% of the points, then I can understand negativity and melting. But after three games, only one of which we lost, it's ridiculous. You lot should get off your arses, get to a fucking game and support your team if you're that fucking bothered about it, instead of sitting in your underpants crying foul.

Anyhow, now to find the quickest way home to settle down for tonight's Arse Fan TV....

Poch's biggest weakness, how awful he handles subs. Every single season. Leaves it too late or brings on wrong players.

What the fuck did Sissoko do today to shore up the defense? Fuck all. Baffling.

Sissoko is broken, he's got zero confidence. There was a moment there when he had a shot and he was trying to line it up so carefully, he flubbed it.

It's not just down to Trippier though, is it? It was down to everyone involved.

Is Trippier to blame for Kanes misses? Or the defense pressing high in the 90th min? Or the fact Poch left the subs too late yet again?

92nd minute and he brings on Sanchez. Brilliant, that'll help. It was everyones fault and Trippier was as shit as everyone else.
That wasn't all Trippier's fault, no. Match should have been put to bed much sooner. But it's also true that after 2 matches Trippier certainly looks like the player in the squad that needs replacing the most. His service is top drawer, but there's just too many holes and missing pieces in the rest of his game. No point having a massive row over it, though, as it'll be solve once Serge is smuggled into the country.

I think there was a point there between 70 odd minutes and their goal where it seemed like everyone was overly conscious of Kane's August drought. Seemed to me that there were numerous moments where the play seemed forced towards trying to get Harry a goal, rather than the more natural flow we're accustomed to. Might've been seeing things, but it certainly felt that way to me and probably cost us a goal.

Honestly at the moment our best passers of the ball from deep are our centre backs, and the best way to take advantage of that is to play a back 3 where one of them can come out and act as a playmaker (in the Bonucci mold). Hopefully with Aurier at RWB we will have more energy and pace in the wide areas too.

I see the usual negative nancies are joined by the melter brigade today.

This was NOT a terrible performance. We were slow today but we still controlled large parts of the game. Wembley is in the back of the players' minds but I think fans have to take responsibility. It was deadly quiet here for the first half of the game. The crowd picked up second half and so did the players. Then they started fucking off ten minutes from the end for the train and the players became more wobbly. Not saying it was the only cause, but it really annoyed me sitting here seeing more and more red seats appearing before the final whistle. The crowd need to do our bit and I think if we do thyme the players will find the Wembley adjustment easier. We need to do that as well to rebutt the Wembley curse bullshit coming out of the press.

Anyhow, as usual I have to be the voice of reason against the din of the drama queens. People forget that last season we had wobbly form early on. We're not at WHL and expectations should be managed. Three games in and our form isn't poor, it's average. We wee by no means awful today. A top four finish will be a good season for us when you factor in the loss of WHL. Any idiot who has set themselves up for winning the title should stop and have a look at themselves. We are perfectly fine and on course for a top for finish. We are only three games in and we have taken 50% of the points available and lost most of those points to the reigning champions and the team that beat the champions two weeks ago. It's not like we never dropped that amount of points earlier season last year, even if it was a while before a loss. Remember all the draws. If we get to eight or ten games and we are still dropping 50% of the points, then I can understand negativity and melting. But after three games, only one of which we lost, it's ridiculous. You lot should get off your arses, get to a fucking game and support your team if you're that fucking bothered about it, instead of sitting in your underpants crying foul.

Anyhow, now to find the quickest way home to settle down for tonight's Arse Fan TV....
1gDMvBo.gif

It could be worse. We could be Woolwich. That's a crisis.

International break. Hopefully some more signings. And pick up our season after that.

Yep correct but we are not sure at present anywhere around the club.

Not sure if new signings are coming, not sure in front of goal, not sure defensively. And our midfield needs a jolt.

I see it like this. You make a stand as a club to keep your best players. Fine. Then you HAVE to add quality. You have no choice and you do it quickly. It shows you mean business. We haven't.

In addition you look at the pitch you will play on, consider the boost it will give other teams and that after last season most will sit back. It does not seem like we have.

I think 7 points from these 3 games would have told everyone THFC are at it again, regardless of other teams. Now opposing teams will sense blood.

It could in my opinion go either way but it means signings and not just those who are for the future.

I am inclined to look at us now as a team that will finish or look at 3rd to 6th and hopefully a strong cup run. I feel we could also be mid-table for a long period if we are unable to resolve our home form.

Nope, we are not Woolwich but frankly they are no longer our barometer. Or they shouldn't be.

Are people actually claiming moral victories from our inability to see this game out by pointing out Burnley beat Chelsea in a completely fluke performance? Embarrassing.

I think everyone knows the type of players we're missing. They're scarce & don't fit into our wage structure but there's one in Mahrez that's been available all summer that we won't target because he doesn't run around like Lamela does unfortunately.

Sissoko is broken, he's got zero confidence. There was a moment there when he had a shot and he was trying to line it up so carefully, he flubbed it.

I noticed that, was a good chance, he took ages then hit the ball softer than a toddler playing with its ball sack.

I'm pretty much convinced that had we not sold Walker, or at least signed an equally good replacement soon after, we would have won this match today. Lessons to be learned? But we all know they won't be.

Back
Top Bottom