Tottenham vs Burnley: Revenge of the Spurs?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm sorry but there is something in this Kane and August. That's 13 games in now where he hasn't scored in August. For a player that averages 1 goal every 2 games, that's incredible. He missed some glorious chances today and if he'd taken just one of them, that game would have been over.

3 points dropped at Wembley from the 88th minute or later. Not good enough.

It is the impact that provides the problem. Now it is negativity and that hangs around until the next game.

It is the outcome as I have said before of indecision off the pitch that translates to on the pitch.

Just a difficult patch which we will get through (I think) but not without pain.

Already we look like a shadow of last season and honestly not having 3 strikers at the club and always available is scandalous.

Today may not have been Trippier's finest but he did not miss takeable chances.

Big test for Pochettino. First in a while.

It could be worse. We could be Woolwich. That's a crisis.

International break. Hopefully some more signings. And pick up our season after that.

We don't need a new team, we need to play like we did last year and press and move the ball

Wembley is a shit hole and the players are scared of it.

The right way would have been to take MK and stop trying to be Real Madrid
So when have you been lambasting me every time I've suggested we sign some players. It's pathetic

Been sitting ere knowing it was coming.
Keep giving ball away time after time with a few mins left.
Why just keep the ball whennwinning and mins to go .
It was happening again and again yet we kept misplace passes and they rush on.
Then he brings on winks, to sit in the middle. I saw him telling them 3 in middle. and he goes bursting up and we misplace pass again. He gets caught upfield.
What's the point in bringing him on.
He was suppose to shore up the middle.
Keep the ball, it's over. Don't give it away unnecessary.

What a fucking shambles that was. Embarrassing. Man of the match, Bill Madrid Bill Madrid for the sweet stream.
Haha, did yours switch to the LFC-Goons commentary at the critical moment? It felt like the anasthetic before the lethal injection as Burnley attacked, the lack of concern in the commentator's voice lulled me into a false state of security.

Maybe that's what Trippier was listening to as well

I'm off for the night. Fucking furious, don't trust myself if I post here. Fucking 90th minute and you've got Trippier playing chipped passes into players under pressure, the thick fucking cunt. Winks flicking it on from a corner, almost gifting them a goal. The defense pushing up high despite Wood making offside runs 5 fucking times in 10 mins, it's obvious what the tactic is, but hey let's just fucking press high anyway and not bring our fastest defender on. Fucking inane from everyone involved. Kane would have scored a hat trick if this match was held in December. Dele can't impact a game for shit unless he scores.

Dembele, Davies and Lloris played well. Rest were fucking shite.

Levy is the thickest cunt of them all, making every home game a fucking cup final. Awful decision.

I'll be the one. Kane is to blame for the lack of a win here. You can't get that many chances on goal and not score once. Had that been Janssen he would have been hung from a lamppost outside of Wembley.

Last edited:
See folks? Thing are not all fine. If we don't improve fast, it's gonna be a long old season for us. Gotta get those deals across the line in the next few days, and try some new shit on the training pitch cause a lot of teams will fancy their chances against us the way we are playing right now. That was just weak today. We got away with it against Newcastle with the sending off, otherwise we have yet to look like we can create much against an organised defence and we'll face plenty of those I can assure you.
Stop being so patronising you cunt

two games at Wembley now that we've conceded 88th minute or later.
how many goals did we concede in the 88th minute or later during the whole of last season?
3 points dropped in 3 minutes... last week was a cunt.. . But it WAS Chelsea... this week we shoulda held out... But couldn't.
Wood on his debut too... can't be too often THAT happens, where a player scores on his debut... oh, wait!

Back
Top Bottom