Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not bothered at all by Poch's comments - as usual they've been twisted out of all recognition.

Full quotes:
“It would be fantastic to win the FA Cup,”
“But is it going to change our life? I don’t believe so. Every one of the semi‑finalists will fight to win but it’s not about who needs the trophy more.”
“If we are capable to win the Premier League and the Champions League, it is a moment you say the team has improved and reached the next level,” Pochettino said. “ To win the FA Cup or the League Cup – it will be fantastic for the fans but it is not going to move the club to a different level.
“That is my opinion. Some people respect it; some people don’t. I want to play to win the Premier League and Champions League. If we can win the FA Cup, then fantastic. But if you are going to change the vision or put the club in a different level, you must compete for and then win the Premier League and Champions League.
“People in England love to talk about perception and the changing of perceptions. We had a good Champions League group stage this season – beating Dortmund and Real Madrid – and we competed very well against Juventus [in the last 16]. The dimension of the club around the world changes completely [because of that].”

Looking at what he actually said it's all very fair - he's essentially saying that while he knows it means a huge amount to the fans, in the grand scheme of things it's not going to do much to change our standing in world football. And that's all very true!

Not a team of winners??

The media know nothing.

Really need to recreate this feeling, what an incredible day this was. Nothing like winning a cup.

#scenes

kmc13.jpg

Some of you lot are an embarrassment.. you’re the first to say oh let’s pop over to RAwK or Red Cafe or Woolwich fan tv after they lose and comment on how embarrassing they are after a defeat.

Reading some of your comments, you are worse than anything I’ve seen elsewhere.

Yes it matters, of course it matters, the reason I know that is I will be inconsolable tomorrow night if we don't win. The difference these days is that once we're out of it, I have absolutely no interest in the competition.

Still remember how fucking draining last years semi final was. Going down early on. Equalising and dominating before conceding again. Equalising and bossing before leaving Hazard unmarked and Matic scoring a worldie.

Just want us to crush them tomorrow. Nice early goal and then dont hold up.

Still traveling home. Wrenched.

Electric first 20; gash after that. Kane's movement was so poor that I'm now convinced he's still carrying injury. Poch would have been well within his rights to haul him off, put Son up top and bring on Moura or Lamela to change the shape. Why he persisted is beyond me.

United fans were absolute cunts afterwards; parading past one of our flags that I assume someone had dropped, spitting on it as they passed. Such simulated hatred.

Also got elbowed in the head by a Spurs fan as I tried to stop him wading into a brawl with far too many United fans. Should have let him, the rubber prick.

Ffffffff. What a shite day.

This one hurts, but FFS...you’d think we’d just been relegated by some of the shite on here. This is still the best Spurs team for 30+ years. Cunts crawling out of the woodwork in every direction to have a pop at Poch - disgraceful. Woolwich-esque this notion that we get to win what we want to win or there go all the toys, it’s nauseating.

Poch in. Levy in. Melting cunts out. We lost a match...it happens.

From the official FA Cup account....

Fuck the FA and Team England.

Nice one FA, denigrate the best English player of his generation, out of form due to injury, a matter of weeks before the World Cup. Stupid cunts.
**RANT ALERT**

Y'know.... it's refreshing to know that the FA... the supppsed BASTION of English Football can turn on one of it's shining lights so quickly (and let's face it, there haven't been many recently)

Harry Kane represents everything that is GOOD about the English game... he's young, clean living, an example of "doing things the right way" CAN get you somewhere... rather than shooting up drugs, gambling on games, visiting sex dungeons and paying off Prostitues...

And yet the FA are perfectly happy to jump on the 'online bandwagon' of Spurs ridicule THE MOMENT he has a bad game in a high profile game.

Well shame on you "The FA", and the CUNTry you represent... I'm ashamed to be English right now.

Maybe if you'd have hounded the likes of Barry Bennell when you had the chance, rather than sweeping that under the carpet (as well as COUNTLESS other examples of institutionalised child abuse within your ranks) there may have been a few MORE promising young footballers like Harry Kane available to the National Team.

But as it is, thanks to your corrupt system, you now have a broken generation of young men, SEXUALLY abused at the hands of people YOU employed... and then turned a blind eye to for over 3 decades!

But hey, let's just take the piss out of Harry Kane for having a bad game shall we...? He's the best thing to happen to this Country for a generation... but just like the bent, agenda driven media who can't wait to ridicule those who actually MAKE something of themselves... you choose to go with the popular vote, and join in with the kicking when the baying mob have their man on the floor... shame on you.
The same ignorant baying mob who no doubt want all Muslims and Blacks out of our Country now that Brexit had kicked in!

The FA and it's corrupt hierarchy are a cancer on the English game.

No doubt they're enjoying a Child sacrificing ceremony tonight at the Grand Masters' lodge of Masons... Arsene will be there asap to commence proceedings!

There... and you thought YOU were pissed off? I'm fucking livid beyond belief, and CLEARLY need someone to blame!

Fuck this weekend to the hills and back.

Roll on Watford and the final 4 games.

We've got a fucking point to prove... and I'm fucked if we're gonna mess this up.

We won't. We know what the implications are...

Fuck every one of the 91 other clubs whose cunty little smug bandwagon jumping fans apparently seem to revel in our misfortune... hate us do ya? Good! Is it a JEWISH thing?? EVEN BETTER!
Go fuck yourselves....

I never thought I'd be quoting Millwall fans... but fuck it, maybe "NO ONE LIKES US, WE DON'T CARE" should be OUR new anthem!

"WE ARE TOTTENHAM...
SUPER TOTTENHAM...
WE ARE TOTTENHAM...
FROM THE LANE!"

...then again, maybe dropping Lloris for Vorm, and not starting Toby was the cause of all this... it probably wasn't the FA's fault we lost...

Apologies for any offence caused.

Roll on Monday week, eh?

Hate to say this Kane has killed our momentum we had since his return from injury. He is absolutely no where near match fit. Bench next game please, until he’s ready. When he’s not on we have nothing in the final third and play predictable football.

Poch fucked up starting Vorm, that goal should never have found its way in the back of the net. Won’t be surprised to see players leaving soon with all these horrible performances in knockout cup games.

Back
Top Bottom