Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I hope in the future Poch will stop acting like he doesn’t care about winning these tournaments. It rubs off on the team.

There were no excuses this year. We were out of the CL and the PL title was over. We had an easy run up to the semis and we wouldn’t have to face Man City.

I really fear for this team. I can see it breaking up unfortunately. It could be the best team to never win anything.

Ericsson I suspect may think that he's better off at a club that win things, Barcelona are rumoured to be sniffing about. Without him I think we are no where near the team then with him.
I'd like him to stay, but it would be a shame if such a class player isn't going to win trophys for regular

Man we really dominated this first half of this season- with a back 3.
Don't really understand why Poch didn't come back to this once he had a healthier squad. It just reeks of pride and hubris...

I think Poch was right to play Vorm, but I would've definitely played Toby in a back three.

Kane is still not 100% and Dembele took a knock early on which lost us the midfield.

The difference between us and the likes of Manure, Scum, Chavski and the Dippers is they spend big money on proven match winners, and have managers who know how to get a result in big games - especially domestically. It hurts, but we are on the right path, and I'd take this over mid table obscurity any day. COYS. TTID.

Toby being left out I can understand, Vorm getting the nod given recent form I can also understand. But passing the ball round as slowly as that, no width or pace, no movement whatsoever, an absence of passion and belief, zero urgency - I just don't fucking get it. and it makes me so mad.

8 (EIGHT!) semis in a row that we've lost. You lose some like last years and that's normal to be unlucky, but some have been like today, it's our own fault.

NaiveShrillCuscus-size_restricted.gif

Agree with that. The lack of investment in the squad is showing. We all know where the weaknesses are. This team really has come as far as it can go IMO. It needs an injection of something.
Our summer business was farcical in how we went about it and what we ended up with and its cost us sadly

Seriously, where was the fight back once Utd scored?
We just fucking wilted and never looked like troubling De Gea.
Barely a cross whipped into the box, no width used, slow tippy-tappy side-to-side bollocks.
A few good performers out there (Eriksen, Trippier) but too many sub-par displays. Kane and Son were so poor.
Ah, I feel fucking sick to my stomach.

I know that’s sarcastic from you but actually true. If we had won the cup the media still wouldn’t give us credit, players still wouldn’t come to us for winning it, our current players don’t particularly care, teams would still say you only won the FA Cup.
The FA cup isn’t what it used to be and I don’t understand why fans especially English fans put it on some kind of pedestal. But I’m out of here bcuz there are going to be some idiots on here only here when we lose so have fun.
Absolute shite and from Totti Totti - of course it would have made a difference. The sort of comment you get from cunts who think football began in1993

I really fear for this team. I can see it breaking up unfortunately. It could be the best team to never win anything.

Ericsson I suspect may think that he's better off at a club that win things, Barcelona are rumoured to be sniffing about. Without him I think we are no where near the team then with him.
Pretty sure Eriksen is one of the players on a 20 year contract or something. If he goes it will be for Bale level money.

Back
Top Bottom