Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Too many people happy with, "We won this game against this big team. We played quite well".

I'd prefer to lose 70% of our games, be absolute dog shite and win a trophy.

Agree with that. The lack of investment in the squad is showing. We all know where the weaknesses are. This team really has come as far as it can go IMO. It needs an injection of something.

I respectfully disagree- the squad is fine and good enough to win games like this.
Poch fucked this one up with poor tactics and bench selection.

I think Poch was right to play Vorm, but I would've definitely played Toby in a back three.

Kane is still not 100% and Dembele took a knock early on which lost us the midfield.

The difference between us and the likes of Manure, Scum, Chavski and the Dippers is they spend big money on proven match winners, and have managers who know how to get a result in big games - especially domestically. It hurts, but we are on the right path, and I'd take this over mid table obscurity any day. COYS. TTID.

Thank you, perfectly describes how I feel about this game and the future.

With the stadium and increased income, we will get there - just need to hold onto our soul.

None of that hurt. It was fully expected. We all knew it was going to happen. We’re all just pretending to be hurt. It’s the part we play
Pretty sure you are just copying and pasting now, you waste of space.

And the new way of posting. The small sentences. Like a spastic haiku. Even more annoying than the usual crap you spout. You. Twat.

We are the new Dortmund/Atletico. Everyone that says our team has peaked is right. Our team needs a shakeup. Too many players still here because of sentimentality. Lamela, Trippier, Davies, Dier, Dembele all replaceable and should be nothing more than squad players at this point. Time to rebuild again this summer.

Losing hurts, but I am proud of this team. I am not going to cunt them off, end
of story.

Yep EVERYONE should agree to that.

They did not want to lose but the truth, a bit like in tennis, is that the very best when it matters most find a way.

Until we find a way at the most crucial time we will contunue to be the bridesmaid.

But yes. PROUD but sunk.

"Break it up" seems a bit strong. Definitely needs some additions.
Strong but that's what's required. No isolated additions that we can afford will drastically change things for us. It needs to be a more radical restructuring of the starting 11 and our style. Poch needs to learn to be more dynamic and adapt his approach for different opposition, cause we are far too predictable; we need to move on from Dembele, at least to a large extent if not completely; we need to learn to pass the ball quickly and not take so many touches; we need to completely rethink our defensive line now without Walker, Toby and Rose; we need to ask serious questions about our goalkeeping future; we need new fullbacks who can once again give us width and pace in attack; we need to buy genuine alternatives who will challenge or replace some of our forward line; and we need to fucking hope that this current immobile Kane is still just recovering from his injury and not one who is fucked forever because we've pushed him too much.

I respectfully disagree- the squad is fine and good enough to win games like this.
Poch fucked this one up with poor tactics and bench selection.
No worries, it's all about opinions :)
I agree Poch could have done more, I just think we're a couple of star-quality players short of achieving something meaningful. And having said all that, nobody can deny that we're a better team now than we were before Poch joined us.

God I'm fed up, it just looks like we might be shagged out, just pure knackered, that's the only reason I can think of as to why we weren't busting our chops in the last 15-20 minutes. I'm mystified.
A few weeks ago after the Chelsea game I almost posted how Poch has timed it better year after year to finish strong. How we hadn't exhausted ourselves early season but come good later on. I never got round to it.

I don't know what has happened since but we have looked pretty lacklustre since that game. I know Kane returned and perhaps isn't quite fully fit but he also could have slotted straight back in like he has before and we wouldn't be complaining.

I'm just surprised at the lack of intensity when we needed it in the 2nd half.

I love Poch and this team but something is not quite right at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom