Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think we lost when poch decided to not play Toby. Seriously, Sanchez is fantastic but fucking hell, Toby's the best in the league. Rose could have played too. Those two in make our defence even stronger

It was tactics not individual defenders. We could have won with Dier in a back 3.
Toby in a back 4 would have left us with the same basic tactical problems...

No movement up front at all.

Too slow moving the ball.

Get it wide then don’t put it in.

Got bullied today.

A few things were missing.

Fuming.

Yep good post.

You have to think one or two of those out there today will look at their performance and ask what they did

We tried, of course we tried but the air of inevitability once they scored that second goal was scary.

Part is the stranglehold that Mourinho possesses, part is our mentality and part is us never seeming to create a distance.

I knew at 1 nil we needed a 2nd. I knew once they got ahead we would lose. We try to post positively as though it will change the outcome but that's daft.

Thank God Watford is 9 days away.

Pochettino can't do much more than somehow create winners. Mourinho does no more than keep on winning. Therein lies the issue. It's why Chelsea can beat United but we couldn't I guess.

Gut wrenching.

Tough second half, we didn't really show up. Kane looks like he's on his summer holidays already. Eriksen played well, and Dele was solid first half. But we need to get past this mental block of semi final failure.

The ref wasn't great, but he gave cards that were deserved. Phil Neville is the worst pundit ever, doesn't hide the fact he's a United fan. Second goal should have been saved, but Vorm deserved his place today. The team selection was solid, we can sit here all night and ask what if Toby started or Lloris started, we will never know.

One thing I will take from it.. We need to get Martial out of his United nightmare. He'd flourish under Poch.

Bullshit. Vorm stood like a statue for the first goal and made looked an even bigger twat for the second. A world class defender like Toby would have made a massive impact on our back line.
How can you possibly deny this.
Fuck you and your apologetic bollocks.
How would Toby have stopped those 2 goals? Our front line was the problem.

You fucking invalid.

Subs took waaaay too long to come on i'm seriously concerned that Poch dosen't know how to kill a game like Juve did and Man U did.

If it's like that we won't win anything

I really fear for this team. I can see it breaking up unfortunately. It could be the best team to never win anything.

Ericsson I suspect may think that he's better off at a club that win things, Barcelona are rumoured to be sniffing about. Without him I think we are no where near the team then with him.

Back
Top Bottom