Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You have no value here
Close your account and go
Great result. This is who we are. We can be proud that we play the role so well. It’s good for your English football product. The fans were poor though. They let the teams down today. Difficult to sell a library like that to the Africans and the Asians who are told it’s an amazing event. Ah well, great stuff. I love this

Poch got done by Mou.
The tactics were poor- we torched them last time- Mou was never gonna run out a 4-2-3-1 again against us. Poch needed to anticipate this and go to a back 3, bait them forward, and play on the counter.

Kane is not fit, and his/Pochs decision to get him back in the lineup has been a disaster. Kane has been too selfish about his individual tally and now the team's performance has been justly punished for it.

The decision to go without a legit striker sub on the bench was the final cherry on the shit sundae- we had no tactical flexibility , it was all a gamble on Kane for 90', which is just unacceptable when you are trying to win a cup- as a manager your job is to always have a plan to scratch out a victory if needed.

Very disappointing all around.

I said it before and got slaughtered for it here, but we went as far as we possibly can with this current squad last season. It will never get that good again with this group. Need to break it up and start again this summer.

I’m exasperated. So disappointed.

Flat. Listless. Created nothing in the 2nd half. For all those who are in denial - we have got a serious problem with winning big games.

Having said that, I’m torn. I love this side and don’t want to slag them off but....

Oh well.

FA Cup wouldn't have changed our lives anway.

I know that’s sarcastic from you but actually true. If we had won the cup the media still wouldn’t give us credit, players still wouldn’t come to us for winning it, our current players don’t particularly care, teams would still say you only won the FA Cup.
The FA cup isn’t what it used to be and I don’t understand why fans especially English fans put it on some kind of pedestal. But I’m out of here bcuz there are going to be some idiots on here only here when we lose so have fun.

So disappointed. This team has taken us so much further then we've been used to, but there's still something missing. Mentally, it's still not strong enough - we just seem to come up short when it really matters. Another disappointing semi-final result which is becoming a bad habit.

Great result. This is who we are. We can be proud that we play the role so well. It’s good for your English football product. The fans were poor though. They let the teams down today. Difficult to sell a library like that to the Africans and the Asians who are told it’s an amazing event. Ah well, great stuff. I love this
You're a fucking clown

How would they have made up for the performances of Kane, Dele and Son.

Fuck your agenda. We lost this up front.
Bullshit. Vorm stood like a statue for the first goal and looked an even bigger twat for the second. A world class defender like Toby would have made a massive impact on our back line.
How can you possibly deny this.
Fuck you and your apologetic bollocks.

Absolutely gutted. That hurt. Every fucking time.
Woeful 2nd half display. Never looked like scoring. Where the hell was Kane? And Son got worse as the game went on.
Thank Christ I didn't get a ticket. Feel for them poor bastards trudging back down Wembley Way.

Poch had nothing tactically there. Taking off Davies was terrible unless he's injured. Son and Kane were awful, dembele poor.
Hopefully he'll learn. At least it probably means no cunt will be coming for him in the summer.

Hate to say this Kane has killed our momentum we had since his return from injury. He is absolutely no where near match fit. Bench next game please, until he’s ready. When he’s not on we have nothing in the final third and play predictable football.

Poch fucked up starting Vorm, that goal should never have found its way in the back of the net. Won’t be surprised to see players leaving soon with all these horrible performances in knockout cup games.

Back
Top Bottom