Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

When that player is Sissoko or Tripper people usually find it ok....when it’s Dembele, Poch, Dele or Kane though it’s suddenly a collective fuck up.

If only Kane got some rest midweek, if only Poch kept pressing at 1-1, if only Son was subbed earlier etc etc etc.

The big players are falling apart as we approach the finishing line. Kane played like he did against City again. Who the fuck should I blame, Llorente?
Whisper this, but there is one person who needs to shoulder a fair bit of the blame here...

:pochsulk:

I think Poch was right to play Vorm, but I would've definitely played Toby in a back three.

Kane is still not 100% and Dembele took a knock early on which lost us the midfield.

The difference between us and the likes of Manure, Scum, Chavski and the Dippers is they spend big money on proven match winners, and have managers who know how to get a result in big games - especially domestically. It hurts, but we are on the right path, and I'd take this over mid table obscurity any day. COYS. TTID.

How can anyone blame Vorm for costing us this game?

If anyone should be blamed it's Dembele. Bullied for the equaliser and lost Herrera for the winner.

I'm not saying he should be blamed as I think the whole team is to blame for their lacklustre performance.

Well you’re fairweather as fuck then.
Today you feel the need to show what a good boy you are and how calm you are by slagging off fans who are upset and telling them to support Woolwich.

The players aren’t gods, man the fuck up and direct some anger at those fucking responsible for once.

“Ahhh we go again” makes me want to slap someone ...yeah I’m well up for Watford or whoever the fuck it is next, blinding. Right now is the time to feel pain, if you don’t feel anything but pride, like I said you are dead inside.

I hope the squad don’t feel proud.
Absolutely brilliant post.
Love the bit about the we go again attitude. The kind of attitude thats held this club back for years. From the man at the top to the fan at the bottom
We should be hurt, angry and fucking embarressed by todays showing.

The first 20 minutes we showed how talented we are and man for man we are better than almost every team we face.

The next 70 we showed we are weak mentally as a squad when the going gets tough.

If any game could sum up what’s it like being a spurs fan it was that one.

Absolutely heartbroken again.

No fucking urgency at any point. Last year was disappointing as we gave it everything. this year dogshit after they scored. Becoming masters of the 'to me to you to me back to you' passing game
Fucking frustrating. 5 mins added time and still playing slowly. 10 passes and still not crossed in. We cannot play against the lesser teams or the master or anti football José. Cannot keep moving thr ball slowly and not going for the killer thru ball when we can see someone making the run in behind. All too easy and slow. Our start was exactly the opposite. But when it matters we fold if the other team score against the run of play. We can never get back in it after that. Also disappointed in poch. Wanyama for dembele at 2-1 down???? Get llorene and lamela on. Something that might possibly change the game.

So you think Villa and Everton are our peers. The likes of you are the problem with this club. You bask in our mediocrity. You work to understand failure through the lens of average standings over the last 57 years. How can we possibly hope for anything else with this limp response to failure?

I don’t need the insults or being called a problem, you know I don’t get involved in the handbags so you can lay off it

I am one of the most positive on here I genuinely thought we would win 2-0 today, it hurts, I just quickly look at big picture, champions league regular semi finals, we are in a spot where we are competing with the best, would love to win something to put a bow on it but let me ask you, did you prefer the times under Jol or the trophy under Ramos or George Graham?

I am loving the fact we compete every week with these rich clubs and cunts like Liverpool who dispise us being up there with them

I remember cheering when we came back to only lose 3-2 to Charlton, years in Paxton seeing a right mess, so if me enjoying where we are now is a problem then yes I am

Right. Caught up as best I can.

For me, the hyteria reflects just how much we wanted/expected in some ways to win this match. We have no God given right given to win any match - let alone an FA Cup semi final against Manchester United.

It fucking sucks. We’re all hurting. But I cannot shake a ‘baby out with the bathwater’ feeling about people melting down over this result. Fucking hell. Get a grip. In our season away from Tottenham, top 4 (and nothing else, unfortunately) is not a bad innings.

Quite frankly, I’m proud that the quality of our team means we are this disappointed from the match. Time was that we’d have just seen it as being par for the course.

It’s all a gradual progress. Big teams collect trophies like the FA Cup because it ends up being a routine for them (or sometimes, they have jammy fixtures). We’re getting there.

it is annoying isnt it. Every little thing is grinding us down after yesterday. Even this woolwich result. I cant take it at the mo.
I just got a msg from a gooner which reads... “just smashed the irons, what was the result when you played them at home again with your great team?”

JUST F OFF

Ask him if beating West Ham gave them 15 points, because thats what they would have needed to go above us today

Back
Top Bottom