Tottenham Hotspur v. Manchester United - F.A. Cup Semi-Final

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I am pissed off at this result and performance. But at the same time I also try to avoid making scapegoats out of individual players unless they've made some form of jarring error if that makes sense. Football is a team game so it is more often down to tactics and coaching than to one individual player.

We got outmanoeuvred here just like vs Juve. We could not react to United's tactics and it pisses me off

When that player is Sissoko or Tripper people usually find it ok....when it’s Dembele, Poch, Dele or Kane though it’s suddenly a collective fuck up.

If only Kane got some rest midweek, if only Poch kept pressing at 1-1, if only Son was subbed earlier etc etc etc.

The big players are falling apart as we approach the finishing line. Kane played like he did against City again. Who the fuck should I blame, Llorente?

I think our window of opportunity has closed we'll not compete at the top table now Liverpool Man U and City will all pull away from us next season , Woolwich maybe as well if they keep spending it.

8 successive Semi Final defeats.....FFS!
Pochettino’s 90 minute suicide note is done.
Good bye you useless Argentine bastard!!
Again we fail to turn up in a big game.
Pochettino now exposed as inexperienced and unfit to manage our club.
Levy will now look at signing his death warrant, if not already done so.
Sincerely hope the useless cunt that is Pochettino is gone before we kick a ball in our new home.
POCHETTINO GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU SORRY LITTLE CUNT!!!!

I've had zero banter on Whatsapp from Chelsea, Woolwich and United mates. And that is because today's result was a given. Spurs do not know how to win big games. The players change, but for some reason we are serial chokers. And it hurts.

It was tactics not individual defenders. We could have won with Dier in a back 3.
Toby in a back 4 would have left us with the same basic tactical problems...
He's better on the ball and smarter than Sanchez at the moment. Makes a huge difference to a team. Sanchez will get there but he isn't better yet. I don't get why we do this shit. Ohhhh a player wants to leave so we just drop him despite how good he might be. Same with Walker last season. It pissed me off. He's still got a contract and it's being wasted for bloody pride.

Same old story. Same old Tottenham.

People think that we've changed under Poch, but we haven't. We've still lost the games that actually matter. We've still done fucking shocking when it comes to cup runs, especially semi finals. We think because we've finished in the top 4 a few times we're suddenly "winners" and "big boys". We're the same team with slightly more money.

I watched Kane after United score their second and his body language said he knew we would lose. Arms flailing, lethargic walking, head down. He had no faith in coming back into the match and I have no faith in any of the players that they would pull something out of the bag.

I was wondering during the pre-match why I've lost my enthusiasm for Spurs this season and now I remembered. It's because they're pathetic, they're losers and they're spineless. Two shots on target in a semi final at HOME is embarrassing, against a mediocre United side.

Were we even close? Not really.
Look like scoring? Not really.
Unlucky to lose? Not really.

They deserve to be called bottlers. 8 semi finals in a row lost. Beyond belief.

I know many of you will reply with venom to this post or click your little disagree button like it means something, but don't bother, I'm done with Spurs until next year and done with this forum until then too. You can only be let down so many times.

Oh, and as for "Oh no, Kane/Toby/Dele/Eriksen/whoever might leave us", the cunts can fuck off for all I care. They've won us fuck all and yet we glorify them and worship them. Absolute twats barely cared.

Manchester United are bigger than the FA Cup, the FA, and Tottenham Hotspur. Let’s face it, it was an honour for us to participate. United didn’t even bother one year, remember that? We all begged them not to stay away.

Next, the queen’s birthday party. 92, is it? Fuck knows. After Phillip raping his way around the commonwealth for decades, I’m surprised she didn’t die of AIDS years ago. Modern medicine, I suppose. Not the death sentence it used to be.

When that player is Sissoko or Tripper people usually find it ok....when it’s Dembele, Poch, Dele or Kane though it’s suddenly a collective fuck up.

If only Kane got some rest midweek, if only Poch kept pressing at 1-1, if only Son was subbed earlier etc etc etc.

The big players are falling apart as we approach the finishing line. Kane played like he did against City again. Who the fuck should I blame, Llorente?
Whisper this, but there is one person who needs to shoulder a fair bit of the blame here...

:pochsulk:

8 successive Semi Final defeats.....FFS!
Pochettino’s 90 minute suicide note is done.
Good bye you useless Argentine bastard!!
Again we fail to turn up in a big game.
Pochettino now exposed as inexperienced and unfit to manage our club.
Levy will now look at signing his death warrant, if not already done so.
Sincerely hope the useless cunt that is Pochettino is gone before we kick a ball in our new home.
POCHETTINO GET THE FUCK OUT OF OUR CLUB YOU SORRY LITTLE CUNT!!!!

What an odd response.

It’s depressing for those exact reasons. Again we’ve been denied, when we, and this team, deserve more. I love our team and really thought we could do it this year.
As long as we get top 4 its still been a good season. At least we didn't get our hopes higher by getting to the final only to lose to chelsea.
Don't want to start arguments but I think we could help poch out with 1 or 2 real quality signings in the summer especially as we will probably lose toby & maybe rose. Which will give us a better chance of winning a cup.

Back
Top Bottom